EZ5i Kernel 3.0 OB1 and EZ5i firmware v101

yuka001

Trophies
XP
Country
I have an EZ Flash V (standard one, not for DSi). Can I still update with this firmware? Is it going to work as well? Thanks!

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The bundled EZ5 and EZ5 plus compatible kernel is just 2.0 RC16 so yes you can update but you will not gain anything for your trouble if you were already at RC16- fixes and updates will still happen for the older versions but this release was all about getting this new work out there.

The firmware that comes with it can not be used on anything but the EZ5i.

yuka001

Trophies
XP
Country
I was using RC 14 so I updated the Kernel to update to RC 16, but not the firmware then. Thanks a lot for your answer!

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Drag0nflamez said:
regnad said:
Yosh93 said:
About tak icon,ez team use it because it's a unknow-game.
If it was New super Mario bros,Nintendo attacks the team.

What does this even mean?
Well, Nintendo has lots of flashcarts to test if new firmware blocks them. Nintendo probably knows about the Tak thing, but doesn't attack them (only hint THQ). If they found out that they faked New Super Mario Bros., Nintendo would get angry because it's their game and they would be going to block every flashcart (which would harm launch-day DSi's like mine)

What? Choice of logo is all that's standing in the way of Nintendo blocking people from pirating tons of their software?

It's that easy? Just choose some unpopular franchise character, and Nintendo no longer has interest in stopping piracy?

JackSakamoto

Bad Ending Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Non,no.
Tak franchise is not like Mario. It's very unpopular.
If they use Super Mario 64 icon,Nintendo attacks the team because they use the name of the game. THQ don't use Tak anymore. It's like Star wars : Lethal alliance for the DSTTi.

moraisen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
not yet
XP
Country
Australia
THX fast6191, you are the most awesome guy on GBAtemp!!!!!!!!!!
I wish i could return the favor a bit
smile.gif

(If there is anything, tell me!!)
yaynds.gif

EDIT: And my first Problem appeared.
When i start the upgrade NDS file, it tells me that my Hardware Ver is 1111 and my FirmVer is also 1111. Then i press the Y butoon and it tells me that there is no need for an upgrade. Am i doing anything wrong or should this be like this?
PS: I'm running on a NDS.
thx 4 help :3

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@moraisen I just posted the news- the coding was done by the EZTeam.
Onto your problem though it looks like you tried to run the update on an EZ5 plus- this update was aimed at the EZ5i (the next model in the series) and will only work with that.

If it truly is an EZ5i then you will need to speak to the EZTeam.

@Yosh93 while the thought may have crossed their mind I assure you such things are technical in nature rather than quasi legal.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well this is unfortunate- there was a very limited run of EZ5i that were essentially EZ5 plus models with the relevant updates to run on a DSi and without the ability to be updated as comprehensively as the later of the EZ5i models. Only 1000 were ever made (and rarely made it outside China- I have now seen three including yours and this updating thing has been going on for over a year now) and inside China the EZTeam have replaced the ones people come across but outside by the time shipping is all said and done.....
The relevant thread on replacements is http://www.ezflash.cn/discuz/viewthread.php?tid=12194 (thanks for Mbmax for that one, I had lost it).

It will continue to run with the newer kernels but can not make use of the niceties that it affords for the more common EZ5i models.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The team told me that old ez5 v1, v2 and Plus will have an update soon, so please wait for 2.0RC17.
I'm sorry to see that some user still have this kind of EZ5i.

Your flashcart got an actel a3p inside instead of a xilinx in regular model, mean it's impossible to udpate the firmware without a JTAG unit.
Sorry.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kernel turned into version 3.0 Open Beta 1 because of the EZ5i firmware completly rewritten, new special mode and the DLDI driver v3.
Old ez5 version are not able to have those function, so they will stay in k2.0 to my opinion.
Your ez5i HW1111 is in this case sadly.

Kinnikuman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so ever since I ran the firmware update and powered off my system like it told me too. I've only been getting a black screen. Everytime I press on that Tak icon it brings me just to a blank black screen....Whaaaa?

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, I'm not realy familiar with the EZ-Flash cards but my neice has one (EZ-Flash Vi) and has been on at me about trying to get certain ROMs working as they wouldn't work on the RC16 firmware. I've downloaded this firmware on to the card but must you run the 'ez5i_firmwreUP_V101.nds' when you power on the DS? When I try it brings up a page saying 'Upgrading Ver 12 Firstly . . . ' with 'power off written under it.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pjmorie said:
Hi all, I'm not realy familiar with the EZ-Flash cards but my neice has one (EZ-Flash Vi) and has been on at me about trying to get certain ROMs working as they wouldn't work on the RC16 firmware. I've downloaded this firmware on to the card but must you run the 'ez5i_firmwreUP_V101.nds' when you power on the DS? When I try it brings up a page saying 'Upgrading Ver 12 Firstly . . . ' with 'power off written under it.
You must have firmware v12 or greater before try to update in v101 your ez5i.
firmware V12

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Penisapiens
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Tempus Bannus
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @cearp, okie dokie i'm sorry
  • cearp @ cearp:
    lol I meant nothing by it - and for the record I have no powers, so no worries :D
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, you're forgiven
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well I don't forgive him. He's been eating ALL the Tempus Bannus's :angry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, it was only once :angry:
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ROFL :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp: