jirarchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone,

Writing this thread because I couldn't find any solution online or in any other thread (but if I missed something please let me know).

I wanted to run SteamOS on my jailbroken 9.0 PS4 (model CUH1216B) as it would mean playing (or trying to) with my steam games as I don't own a gaming pc anymore.

I followed the youtube video from Modded Warfare and used its bzimage and initramfs.cpio, but when I load the payload it appears the error in title

(failed to load file: bzimage
paths checked -mnt/usb0/bzImage
-mnt/usb1/bzImage
-system/user/boot/bzImage)

Now, I'm getting a little bit depserate, there's anything I can do? I've tried changing bzimage with the other suggested in the description of said video but no luck.

I am using a WD MyPassport (1 Tb) formatted in FAT32 MBR.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might have to ask someone else. I haven't installed linux on the ps4, so maybe I was stating the obvious. lol

jirarchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Still thanks for taking the time to answer! Hope someone will know what to do :) I fear it’s something to do with the HDD, since it’s the only one I have available

Reactions: godreborn

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
when that error appears try again, don't exit your browser, just click again because sometimes there's a delay until the ps4 sees the hdd. Use the fat32 filesystem since once the installation begins linux will format it with the right setting. If it still doesn't work then take a screenshot of your hdd root

edit: I have the same model so if it still doesn't work then use these 2 files. I usually connect my hdd and then connect the usb hub with the mouse and keyboard so it has time to see the hdd

Attachments

• bzImage.rar
    6.6 MB · Views: 72
Last edited by zekro94,
Reactions: godreborn

jirarchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No luck, tried with both your suggestions but unfortunately had the same result :(
This is the root of my WD MyPassport, I've tried formatting and copying the files with both macOS and Windows.
I'm afraid I'll have to find another drive
Schermata 2022-06-10 alle 00.53.10.png

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Or you can try a different exploit host, I remember having problems entering the rescueshell using karo's host. Now I use Prb+leeful and it works
edit: this one http://prb123.ir/index.html
Also remember to select 1gb payload for the first time. You don't need to activate goldhen, just load linux payload and it should work

jirarchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tried with your host, also tried rebuilding database and changing usb cord but still nothing. I guess it’s really a HDD problem as orbit toolbox says “hdd not connected”. 😬 funny thing is that it obviously work with everything else but ps4

jirarchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tried with your host, also tried rebuilding database and changing usb cord but still nothing. I guess it’s really a HDD problem as orbit toolbox says “hdd not connected”. 😬 funny thing is that it obviously work with everything else but ps4

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Well then you can try with a "small" usb like a 32gb and see if it works, I managed to run linux from a 32gb one but I mostly use a 120 gb hdd for that

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
You did re-name it to psxitarch.tar.xz for the install?
That's a different problem, he first has to get linux loaded since his ps4 can't find the bzimage, so he needs to resolve that problem first

Just to make sure: Did you put it in the root directory or did you make a folder? Since I can't figure it out from the screenshot on your mac

jirarchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Managed to get it to be recognized by the PS4 changing the usb cord, now when I launch the payload it cycles between "bind error" and the previous error

edit: when connecting the HDD I get "Filesysyem not supported" from ps4 notification

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Remember to only have one partition formatted to fat32, I used Aomei partition assistant and it worked for me. If I remember right the bind error is because it can't find the hdd

jirarchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I tried using a 32GB USB (obviously formatted in FAT32 etc) and now when it loads the payload it immediately shuts down (not just black screen, I've tried waiting some minutes but nothing came up). What to do now? Is it always this frustrating? Haha

I've tried the bzImage the user with my same model suggested but it does exactly what I've just described.

Edit: https://mega.nz/file/QVRRTIZL#Pl6ONSjHg4qytJ-b8dgFr09TjHzSt-YqSBzpdhE3p24 seems to work!

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
that's the problem with linux, that it's frustrating until you manage to do it the first time. In case it still doesn't work you can use this page to download other initramfs or for tutorial purposes: https://ps4linux.com/downloads/

Should have done this sooner, anyway after installing the distro you may have a black screen, wait 2 minutes, turn off your monitor/tv and when you turn it on just use Ctrl+alt+f2 and when you see something on screen use ctrl+alt+f1 and you should see the desktop

jirarchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, now the problem is exactly what you are describing! Everything works fine, payload loads, black screen and then secure shell, the only problem is that the "desktop" is a black screen with purple-ish line on the left side, tried ctrl+alt+various F and switched between tty and desktop but it remained as is. Have you got any info? I'm getting kind of mad haha

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you shut off your tv before using the ctrl+alt+F2/then F1? Because you kinda have to refresh the signal, you can try disconnecting and reconnecting the hdmi cable or change the source on the tv(like putting it on antenna or other inputs) and after that return to the hdmi source

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch