Visit site
XP
Country
DarkWay said:
Blood Fetish said:
gamecube-p2.jpg

So want.

I wantone too xD it looks so sweet

I so want this one too, it looks so nice, and really nice to play also.

Some of these are hilarious. Sony and Nintendo were originally working on a console together, many years ago.

I think the story was that Sony wanted to do disc's (and so the playstation was born) and Nintendo thought it was rubbish and wanted to stick with cartridges (which, I am sure, we all love!).

And so, they fell out.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Totally right. They worked together a bit, but Nintendo dropped off the project and Sony decided to continue alone. Then, Playstation was born

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ritsuki said:
Totally right. They worked together a bit, but Nintendo dropped off the project and Sony decided to continue alone. Then, Playstation was born

Thank you for the confirmation Ritsuki, I was not entirely sure that was how it went.

And I then assume the N64 was born (along with the DD64 - which was disc based
tongue.gif
lol).

However, I imagine their project would have been great, but then we may not have had the PS1 or the N64, which were both incredible.

I am not sure which was more so though.... I much prefer the N64 controllers without a doubt, they were so comfortable, and maybe the most comfortable I have ever used (except most third party ones which just hurt to hold).

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
kicknhorse said:
Ritsuki said:

Thank you for the confirmation Ritsuki, I was not entirely sure that was how it went.

And I then assume the N64 was born (along with the DD64 - which was disc based
tongue.gif
lol).

However, I imagine their project would have been great, but then we may not have had the PS1 or the N64, which were both incredible.

I am not sure which was more so though.... I much prefer the N64 controllers without a doubt, they were so comfortable, and maybe the most comfortable I have ever used (except most third party ones which just hurt to hold).
That's not the complete story.

Actually, Sony and Nintendo were going to make a new console together. It would be able to play SNES games (SNES was the most popular console at the time) and use CD's for newer games. This was pretty much the PlayStation they developed. But then Nintendo discovered that the contract said that not Nintendo but Sony would get the rights over the CD-based games, meaning it was really Sony's console and not Nintendo's, like they had imagined. They were so enraged by this move that they secretly started working on another console with Philips. On the same E3 (I think it was E3 at least, might have been another show) Nintendo and Sony were going to announce their new console. Then Nintendo announced that they were working with Philips on the new console. Not wanting to lose their investment, Sony decided to finish the PlayStation themselves. In the end Nintendo couldn't cooperate with Philips either and decided to keep using cartridges for the N64.

N64 vs PS1 was probably the best console generation ever. I really liked how both consoles had their strong and weak points. The N64 was a lot better hardwarewise. It was really good at displaying 3D games, for example. But PS1 had CD-based games, making them up to 7 times as big as N64 games (the largest cartridges were about 100 MB) or even larger when using multiple discs (Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy).

By the way, the 64DD was disc based, but these were magnetic discs, like floppy disks. This wasn't really comparable to the PS1, it was just a way of enhancing N64 games.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Range-TE said:
nintendo BS ? the nintendo bullshit?
Yeah, made by some PSP fanboys before the DS was even released, after Nintendo announced it would have two screens. A byproduct of the "I can't wrap my brain around the idea therefore it is stupid" mentality. The "I can't understand it but I can always try to mock it" frame of mind that's so popular with the satire-wannabe crowd.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Funny story linked to these. There's a guy running a stall in my local supermarket who sells those cheap imitation Wii's with about 240 games built in (all Atari 2600 games by the look of it). Mother's walking with her kid, sees the stall, stops to check them out and sees the bargain price tag. Turns to her son, about 7 years old, and asks if he wants a Nintendo Wii. Son proceeds to explain to mother how what she sees in front of her are just cheap imitations of the real Wii. The guy running the stall is going mental at this point 'cause this kid isn't being quiet about it, thus essentially ruining his business. Kid then points to the Game store about 5 seconds walk away from the stall, reminds his mother than she offered him a Nintendo Wii, not a cheap imitation Wii. Stall is essentially shut down and the mother is left about 250 quid out of pocket for trying to be a cheapskate.

Anyone ever encountered any of the blatantly pirated GBC carts with like, 120 games on them? Ever noticed how they never say Nintendo on the back? Always something similar but not quite Nintendo. Funniest I ever saw was at a car boot sale. A GBC cart with 128 games on it. The writing on the back said, and I am dead serious about this...

Nlintondlol.

That's right. 3 L's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.