• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[fake] House Republicans vote yes on religion bill

Should Religion be taught in public schools?

• No way!

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Yes way!

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Eew, fuck that shit. That shouldn't have even gotten to the house floor. How embarrassing. :wtf:

If you crave religion in school so badly, send your kid to a private school.

SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE! :teach:

Last edited by Jayro,
Reactions: 6adget and Seliph

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Thanks for the link to the news article to check if it is actually what they say and using CNN fake news

Reactions: tatripp

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Im not clicking your malware link post the actual link
Oh you think I'm smart enough to know how to link you malware? I may be malicious, but I would not do that.

Yjmkyox.png

Will this updated image make it more believable for you?

Last edited by Seliph,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
4i2qp96.png

HR 369 is a seemingly innocuous new bill that Republicans are trying to pass that covers many issues related to health insurance. Hidden within this bill however, is a clause that will make teaching religion in schools legal again.

This is a terrible thing that should not be allowed. It is being used by Republicans to indoctrinate our schoolchildren with religious conservative worldviews. While Conservatives are complaining about "Critical Race Theory", this bill is being passed under our noses. This is absurd, and an affront to our alleged "democracy".

So I have a question. Conservatives, how do you justify this? This is blatantly unconstitutional and needs to be shut down immediately. This endangers lgbtq+ citizens, especially trans children.

Please keep discussion civil.

Link to the source please.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actually been asked (multiple times by multiple parties) if my school (and by extension, myself and my colleagues) would mind teaching religion to our children. I can't speak on behalf of my colleagues, but I've personally never had an issue with the topic of "religion" in and of itself. I think religions are fascinating cultural milestones in human history.

Of course, whenever I mention teaching about religions outside of Christianity, the discussions quickly fall apart...

Reactions: 6adget and tabzer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol