• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

All house republicans except 8, vote against codifying access to birth control

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ummm. wow.

Like really?
We also should probably establish that records had been tampered, since the secret service, literately had data deleted, relating to the 6th. Which, they are the kinds of people to be records keeping, which is I can't believe I'm going to say this (mild cringe)
Is incredibly sus.
edit:
Or how about Trump saying that "Maybe he deserves it"
We haven’t learned anything new or groundbreaking that would change the classification of the event. At best Trump could be charged with conspiracy to defraud the U.S. or conspiracy to obstruct. That’s charged, not found guilty, and evidence is still relatively scant. The DOJ would have to decide to press charges, and they’d have to successfully argue their case in court. We’ll see what happens - what we know for certain is that there was no insurrection.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/ex...ol-attack-was-coordinated-sources-2021-08-20/

I’m not surprised the Secret Service accidentally deleted their record due to a routine device rotation scheme - they’re incompetent, as are most government agencies. If they believed anything was worthy of preserving or putting forward, they had a year to do so, and haven’t done that.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP
I’m not surprised the Secret Service accidentally deleted their record due to a routine device rotation scheme
Yeah um. no. Secret service doesn't just casually loose records like that. It's waay too convenient. And it wasn't deleted due to a device rotation. It was deleted after oversight officials requested the records. The goverment can be incompetent, the secret service though? outside of like, two flub ups. Not really. And it was all communications between jan5 and jan6th.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP
We haven’t learned anything new or groundbreaking that would change the classification of the event.
We did. Trump demanded the secret service to remove the metal detectors. Trump said "they're not out to hurt me"
Trump was informed that they were armed. Trump knew his election claims were false, everyone around him told him that he lost. Trump also knew what he was doing, by the comment of "Maybe he deserves it"
Trump could of acted within the first 60 seconds after sitting down in his (equvilent of) lunch room. He went off script consistently, and against what his staff was telling him what he should do. He readded removed parts of his speech that his staff went over, parts that were told would pour more gas onto the fire. What we learned was that Trump knew his claims were false, went out of his way to add more flames to the fire, even after it got revised. And we learned that he was okay with it. And said that his own vice president should be hung.

He did not faithfully conduct the seat of the presidency. At best, assuming DOJ does something, that classifies easily as sedition, just like oath keepers. At worst, he actually might get the treason charge. Since Treason to the states is levying war. He brought a armed insurrection to the capital. His intent was obvious, he wanted the election process to completely halt, and kill the officials that didn't fall in line.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah um. no. Secret service doesn't just casually loose records like that. It's waay too convenient. And it wasn't deleted due to a device rotation. It was deleted after oversight officials requested the records. The goverment can be incompetent, the secret service though? outside of like, two flub ups. Not really. And it was all communications between jan5 and jan6th.
The records were deleted during a routine device rotation. They were supposed to be backed up, but weren’t.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/07/19/secr...ges-expected-by-january-6-panel-17023105/amp/
We did. Trump demanded the secret service to remove the metal detectors. Trump said "they're not out to hurt me"
Trump was informed that they were armed. Trump knew his election claims were false, everyone around him told him that he lost. Trump also knew what he was doing, by the comment of "Maybe he deserves it"
Trump could of acted within the first 60 seconds after sitting down in his (equvilent of) lunch room. He went off script consistently, and against what his staff was telling him what he should do. He readded removed parts of his speech that his staff went over, parts that were told would pour more gas onto the fire. What we learned was that Trump knew his claims were false, went out of his way to add more flames to the fire, even after it got revised. And we learned that he was okay with it. And said that his own vice president should be hung.

He did not faithfully conduct the seat of the presidency. At best, assuming DOJ does something, that classifies easily as sedition, just like oath keepers. At worst, he actually might get the treason charge. Since Treason to the states is levying war. He brought a armed insurrection to the capital. His intent was obvious, he wanted the election process to completely halt, and kill the officials that didn't fall in line.
Not even the committee itself is making such outrageous claims. The only likely charges are conspiracy to defraud and conspiracy to obstruct. An incitement charge would be stronger, but highly unlikely due to the content of his speech, more specifically the statement "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard” - that part shields him rather strongly. Sedition charges are a pipedream, that’s not going to happen. There’s very little evidence to any of the three charges and no evidence to support your suggestion. They’re working primarily on testimonies - that wouldn’t hold in real court, only in kangaroo court.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/07/24/jan-6-committee-hearings-trump/10108452002/

If I were to make an honest assessment of the hearings, I’d say that Congress is always all too happy to punish Trump, regardless of whether the evidence against him is conclusive or not - he’s already been impeached twice. With that being said, this is not a trial - pressing actual charges would be up to the DOJ, and the DOJ won’t press any unless they believe they can successfully prosecute Trump. That’s what everything hinges upon, so until the DOJ makes a move, we’re discussing hypotheticals.

Last edited by Foxi4,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

How do you out-liberal the media? Have you been on the twitter too long?

Besides... if you are an American and not attempting an insurrection, at least once a week, then you might be apart of the problem.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ummm. wow.

Like really?
We also should probably establish that records had been tampered, since the secret service, literately had data deleted, relating to the 6th. Which, they are the kinds of people to be records keeping, which is I can't believe I'm going to say this (mild cringe)
Is incredibly sus.
edit:
Or how about Trump saying that "Maybe he deserves it"

Now list all of the people who have been indicted for insurrection, sedition or treason.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then you'd might consider all career politicians to be leveraging America for their own gain
aaf.png

Reactions: TraderPatTX

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what anyone expected but yes the leftist chick on the internet hates *all* politicians and the entire political system, idk why anyone would be stupid enough to believe otherwise.
Imagine getting a compliment from somebody you disagree with and still posting a comment like this. You must be fun at parties.

dazindude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you ask most people or are you just making shit up?
Definitely most people I've spoken to on both sides of the political aisle agree that his killing was unwarranted and fits the textbook definition of it. However some people I spoke to didn't like the use of the word in this context because they think it implies a racial motivation to be fair though in this case there kind of was racial motivation or at the very least it was motivated by racial biases and assumptions but lynching isn't an exclusive term for when black people are killed by a group/ mob it can literally happen to anyone of any race or creed. Also honestly I shouldn't even have used that as an example because somehow a man getting slaughtered in the street is still controversial. I should have just mentioned that the Emmett Till lynching happened in 1955 which was definitely not a hundred years ago and it's arguably one of the most prominent cases.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can’t simultaneously believe that the dataset is adequate to determine partisanship on Twitter, but not adequate to establish partisanship in mass media. Either the dataset is accurate or it isn’t. Seeing that both sets are pretty close, I’m going to say it’s accurate and you’re just bloviating because I caught you with your foot in your mouth.
And, unsurprisingly, you'd be wrong, as usual, as I'm not questioning the dataset, I'm questioning your questionable conclusions which you questionably are trying to draw for your (un)questionable aims.
You don’t know what I read.
Heh, the man of mystery again!
It’s a direct quote. I bolded the key points for you.
I read it before I posted, luckily I also understood it - disagreeing with you is part of it.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely most people I've spoken to on both sides of the political aisle agree that his killing was unwarranted and fits the textbook definition of it. However some people I spoke to didn't like the use of the word in this context because they think it implies a racial motivation to be fair though in this case there kind of was racial motivation or at the very least it was motivated by racial biases and assumptions but lynching isn't an exclusive term for when black people are killed by a group/ mob it can literally happen to anyone of any race or creed. Also honestly I shouldn't even have used that as an example because somehow a man getting slaughtered in the street is still controversial. I should have just mentioned that the Emmett Till lynching happened in 1955 which was definitely not a hundred years ago and it's arguably one of the most prominent cases.
I'm well aware of the Emmett Till case. But if you have to go all the way back to 1955 for an example, then one can conclude that it is not an issue in today's society. We have major issues today that the corporate media and the uniparty are trying to ignore. Namely child sexual abuse that affects millions of children worldwide. For the life of me, I don't understand how people can turn a blind eye against it or worse yet, actively protect the practice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu