Gaming Fake or real?

degor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
since you own pokemon white and you want to check by yourself if the cart is real you can do theese checks:
use transporter (transfer pokemons from the 4th gen to 5th gen) (it will very likely fail to detect or save if you have a fake cart)
if you have homebrew on your 3ds, dump the game and save files, compare the ROM hash with the ones available online
if you don't have a 3ds and only got a DS and a flashcart, you can also dump the save, however if you want to dump the rom you may need a SLOT 2 flashcart as well like the ez iv (i think you can dump over wifi but takes hours, it requires an open\wep wifi)
if you dump the save, it should detect it as FLASH

the fact the cart has a nice MX chip, and there is no black cicle (glue) it has is the right nintendo logo on the back in "gold" there is thoose 4 squares used for test i believe.. (never seen fakes with thoose 4 big quality gold squares)
it even has the "badly cut" pcb. it tells it's the real deal
and one big hint about being real if you don't want to open the cart: it has a CE logo...
all the fake cartridges i seen so far got a USA sticker (however there may exist fake cartridges with european stickers, but i never seen one)
It detected the game, same with GBA games if it helps, next day will try to do more with transfer/migration never done it before.
Maybe I will try the dump thingy one day I'm kind of afraid to do it... Can it effect my game in any way?

Last edited by degor,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Maybe I will try the dump thingy one day I'm kind off afraid to do it... Can it effect my game in any way?
it will not affect anything in any way, why are you afraid?
for some reason you really want this to be a fake game lol...

anyway, dumping the game is just reading the game.
like making a copy of a CD, it just reads it, there is no risk in doing anything whatsoever

what consoles flashcart and homebrew stuff you own?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Did you test it on a stock 3DS or DSi? Most of fake Pokemon games I've run into (Platinum being the one I see the most,) either aren't even detected on stocked DSi/3DS or show up with a completely different ROM header. The few that do show up as Pokemon Platinum just crash upon launch.

degor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
it will not affect anything in any way, why are you afraid?
for some reason you really want this to be a fake game lol...

anyway, dumping the game is just reading the game.
like making a copy of a CD, it just reads it, there is no risk in doing anything whatsoever

what consoles flashcart and homebrew stuff you own?
None that could help me dump the game. What should I get? lets say on ds

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you test it on a stock 3DS or DSi? Most of fake Pokemon games I've run into (Platinum being the one I see the most,) either aren't even detected on stocked DSi/3DS or show up with a completely different ROM header. The few that do show up as Pokemon Platinum just crash upon launch.
Yes on DSi 3DS it works perfectly. I found my fake Digimon game and it does not work on DSi but it works on 3DS strange... Opened it up and it has that black thingy in there and no Nintendo golden sign or anything...

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
. Opened it up and it has that black thingy
you mean the black circle? that is glue, extremly common on fake games
None that could help me dump the game. What should I get? lets say on ds
the easiest way would be using a 3ds (use https://3ds.guide/ to install cfw) then you can use godmode for example to dump the cart, and twl save tool to copy the save

for the DS method you CAN NOT use a DSI...
you can use a ds phat or lite, and a flashcart like the R4\dstwo to load NDS backup TOOL. you can dump the game through wifi into your pc, you require a wep or open access point (can't use wpa or wpa2)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already