Hardware [?] FAT PS3 WITH RSOD

Darkrai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, my friend bought a bricked ps3 with the Red Screen of Death from a work friend and was asking me to try to fix it, I don't have a ps3 and I don't know noting about its homebrew scene, so if anyone can help me I would be glad!

I know that it was unlocked with some CFW (I think) and in the Recovery Mode Screen asks for a update file for firmware 4.65 or superior. It's serial number finishes with CECHL01

I don't have a usb dongle right now so if there's a way to fix it without one would be better. I tried to install the REBUG 4.75 D-REX (In the System Update option on Recovery Mode) but it says that the file is corrupted (Error 8002F2C5).

Last edited by Darkrai,

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, my friend bought a bricked ps3 with the Red Screen of Death from a work friend and was asking me to try to fix it, I don't have a ps3 and I don't know noting about its homebrew scene, so if anyone can help me I would be glad!

I know that it was unlocked with some CFW (I think) and in the Recovery Mode Screen asks for a update file for firmware 4.65 or superior. It's serial number finishes with CECHL01

I don't have a usb dongle right now so if there's a way to fix it without one would be better. I tried to install the REBUG 4.75 D-REX (In the System Update option on Recovery Mode) but it says that the file is corrupted (Error 8002F2C5).
Try to install the latest rebug cex. If you are unable too try a downgraded update (Rogero 3.55/999)or an updated ofw of all else fails and just re-downgrade with the e3 flasher. Not sure of there are any methods using an e3 flasher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus +1