. Listen to Moby Dick and Bonzo's Montreux if you don't believe me
wink.gif
. So who is your favourite drummer?

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roger Taylor of Queen and Ian Paice of Deep Purple. Absolutely fantastic. I've seen them both live and they've completely blown me away.

decept

Trophies
Website
www.decept.net
XP
Country
United States
My preference for dummers are those who are more technical rather than raw like Bonham. That's not to say that Bonham is one bad ass mofo.

I think that Neil Peart by far is the best technical drummer out there and was my inspiration for getting into drumming when I was younger. His drum work on Tom Sawyer is awesome.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I've alway been sad that Les Binks never did anything of note after he left Judas Priest. Stained Class and Hell Bent For Leather are my fave Priest albums largely because of his drumming.

Neil Peart is godlike.

Neil Smith from the old Alice Cooper band was real tight, and fast, and also played with the Plasmatics for a while.
bow.gif

Also Terry Bozzio, Jerry Marotta, and Bill Bruford.

of all of them, if I had to pick one, Neil Peart.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
John Bonham for being an incredible force of power
Dave Grohl (Bonham inspired, and boy does he hit the skins hard, he did work for a few bands you might have heard of, Queens of the Stone Age and a little known Washington group called Nirvana.)
Keith Moon for being ridiculous and hard hitting
Zak Starkey (Ringo's son!) for being technically proficient and knowing how to hit it hard when he needs to, you'll see him touring with both The Who and Oasis (Ringo's son drums for a Beatles derived band... hm)
Ginger Baker the man behind the drums for Cream is amazing

BUDDY RICH. Yeah. That guy.

::closes thread::

anark-e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Danny Carey from Tool. They're my favorite band, and he has an amazing kit.

It's a joy to watch him play live. But then, it's a joy to watch Tool play live in general.

Actually when I saw them back in July, Danny did a mid-song jam session with the drummer from their opening act (Big Business). Lasted for about five minutes. The amazing thing was, the kid had what I can only call the Smallest Drum Kit Ever, and really played well with Danny. It was a great thing to watch, and no one complained that Lateralus ran for a good fourteen minutes that night.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, He fucked around and found out.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol Veho
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O OMG. A Very EXPENSIVE way to find out :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    He was trying to whip shitties but instead he wiped out and ate shit.
    +3
    He was better off Whipping his own :shit:. :unsure::unsure::unsure: But then again.. Maybe not. Eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whip it real good
    Nah. Cool Whip is better :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool wHip
    Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D
    awwwh :shit: ! I shouldn't have done that. Now that song will play on my mind ALL Day :sad::cry:
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder how long it will take for my number to port over lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dm it to me and you'll find out
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ninja: