• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

federal judge ruled DACA unlawful,

Valwinz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
As an outsider, I find it interesting that a country founded on brining in immigrants from all over the world, offering them a better life etc. are so upset when immigrants from all over the world try to go there to get a better life.

99% (or more) of Americans are immigrants, not only that, they seem incredibly proud that their grand parents / great grandparents come from various other countries, keeping their heritage alive by calling themselves Italian-American or Irish-American etc. but get all upset if the same opportunities that were given to their great grandparents are offered to the current generation.

I don't understand it.
No issue with doing LEGAL immigration but if say people are coming here breaking the law them it seems they don't respect say national laws.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how this thread went straight to the dems way of "if you dont think like me you must be racist." thinking. I myself have no problem with any race getting into or leaving this country but I do have a problem with breaking laws...laws are there for a reason and if we can pick and choose what ones we follow why didn't I get the memo. There is alot of things I would love to do if there was no consequences. If the laws are outdated change them, update them, do what needs to be done but get it done right instead of just ignoring laws. Wait....dems are preaty good at ignoring laws with all the looting, burning, and killing going on in their cities.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
As an outsider, I find it interesting that a country founded on brining in immigrants from all over the world, offering them a better life etc. are so upset when immigrants from all over the world try to go there to get a better life.

99% (or more) of Americans are immigrants, not only that, they seem incredibly proud that their grand parents / great grandparents come from various other countries, keeping their heritage alive by calling themselves Italian-American or Irish-American etc. but get all upset if the same opportunities that were given to their great grandparents are offered to the current generation.

I don't understand it.

You're failing to see the argument. There's legal and illegal ways to immigrate into the USA. People who respect the law don't mind immigrants they just want them to come into the country via legal means. There were rules and stipulations for all of the generations of people that came before us too. Having open borders is a stupid idea and if you want to come to the USA for a better life then do it legally. That's all we ask. No one is saying that immigrants are a bad thing ... we're saying that illegally entering the country, well, is illegal ...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You're failing to see the argument. There's legal and illegal ways to immigrate into the USA. People who respect the law don't mind immigrants they just want them to come into the country via legal means. There were rules and stipulations for all of the generations of people that came before us too. Having open borders is a stupid idea and if you want to come to the USA for a better life then do it legally. That's all we ask. No one is saying that immigrants are a bad thing ... we're saying that illegally entering the country, well, is illegal ...
It's weird how it wasn't an issue when European were coming to the country and it only became an issue when people with darker skin started wanting to come here.

Reactions: Jayro and Xzi

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
FB_IMG_1626575019707.jpg

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's weird how it wasn't an issue when European were coming to the country and it only became an issue when people with darker skin started wanting to come here.

Bullshit, Discrimination against Irish & Italian immigrants was rampant during the time period. Read a fucking history book you aspiring professional victim.

The issue with illegal aliens from Mexico is the vast numbers pouring in is well beyond what our infrastructure and economy can sustain without it being a burden to Americans, people shouldn't have to live in a state of perpetual economic and cultural displacement.

This is why we have a quota'ed orderly legal immigration system with a line, Illegal Alien Mexicans are walking up to the cashier cutting everyone who waited their turn and going "MEH SKIN COLUR" because the cashier told them to fucking wait their turn.

Last edited by jimbo13,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Bullshit, Discrimination against Irish & Italian immigrants was rampant during the time period.
Lilith was talking about modern Republicans, you fucking idiot. And they're spot on.

The issue with illegal aliens from Mexico is the vast numbers pouring in is well beyond what our infrastructure and economy can sustain without it being a burden to Americans, people shouldn't have to live in a state of perpetual economic and cultural displacement.
Dude fast food corporations started handing out raises and medical benefits the moment everybody started quitting those jobs en masse. It's not immigrants "economically displacing" us, and culturally we've been a melting pot since before you or I were born. Fucking tell me you don't eat Mexican food and/or Chinese food so I can point and laugh in your face.

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lilith was talking about modern Republicans, you fucking idiot. And they're spot on.

Dude fast food corporations started handing out raises and medical benefits the moment everybody started quitting those jobs en masse. It's not immigrants "economically displacing" us, and culturally we've been a melting pot since before you or I were born. Fucking tell me you don't eat Mexican food and/or Chinese food so I can point and laugh in your face.

fast food is not a career, i hate doing customer service, you barely get paid, treated like shit, literally its for teenagers to gain work ethic and give them work experience, not for 40 year old Barbara to sit there and work 80 hours

fast food is unskilled labor, i don't eat alot of it because i get real sick of the dipshits workers who will consistently fuck up a $3 order and want $15 and hour and act like dogshit

if you don't want minimum wages dont have minimum skills

why cant the united states just actually build a wall at the border, history shows walls are effective means of population control

people need to study economics more than politics, while certain ideas sounds good on paper, they dont scale to a population of 400 million different persons

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
fast food is not a career, i hate doing customer service, you barely get paid, treated like shit, literally its for teenagers to gain work ethic and give them work experience, not for 40 year old Barbara to sit there and work 80 hours
Nobody wants to work fast food as a career, that's correct, but statistically there are gonna be a whole lot of people that end up working it as a career anyway. More than 75% of jobs in the US are service industry positions, and fast food is unfortunately an essential industry in the US.

fast food is unskilled labor, i don't eat alot of it because i get real sick of the dipshits workers who will consistently fuck up a $3 order and want $15 and hour and act like dogshit
You already acknowledged that these jobs are shitty and you wouldn't work them yourself. So it doesn't matter that you consider fast food "unskilled" labor. If demand for workers far outstrips the supply, which is what's currently happening in the US, these corporations have no choice but to raise wages and provide other incentives. Nobody wants to work 40 hours a week and then go home to a cardboard box, still broke as a joke.

if you don't want minimum wages dont have minimum skills
Better idea: just make minimum wage a living wage so that taxpayers don't have to keep subsidizing poverty wages through welfare and food stamps. Corporations are fucking us both coming and going as things stand now.

why cant the united states just actually build a wall at the border, history shows walls are effective means of population control
Because it's a fucking wall in the desert. It took four years to build like ten miles of it, and that's already falling apart. I can think of a million better vanity projects to waste billions of dollars on. Also: Mexico is not our enemy.

people need to study economics more than politics, while certain ideas sounds good on paper, they dont scale to a population of 400 million different persons
Absolute nonsense. Corporations' sudden willingness to increase wages and provide more benefits now shows that they had the means to do it all along, and with almost no real effect on their bottom line. Demand better from your employers and everybody else's, because they will exploit you in every possible way if given half the chance.

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody wants to work fast food as a career, that's correct, but statistically there are gonna be a whole lot of people that end up working it as a career anyway. More than 75% of jobs in the US are service industry positions, and fast food is unfortunately an essential industry in the US.

You already acknowledged that these jobs are shitty and you wouldn't work them yourself. So it doesn't matter that you consider fast food "unskilled" labor. If demand for workers far outstrips the supply, which is what's currently happening in the US, these corporations have no choice but to raise wages and provide other incentives. Nobody wants to work 40 hours a week and then go home to a cardboard box, still broke as a joke.

Better idea: just make minimum wage a living wage so that taxpayers don't have to keep subsidizing poverty wages through welfare and food stamps. Corporations are fucking us both coming and going as things stand now.

Because it's a fucking wall in the desert. It took four years to build like ten miles of it, and that's already falling apart. I can think of a million better vanity projects to waste billions of dollars on. Also: Mexico is not our enemy.

Absolute nonsense. Corporations' sudden willingness to increase wages and provide more benefits now shows that they had the means to do it all along, and with almost no real effect on their bottom line. Demand better from your employers and everybody else's, because they will exploit you in every possible way if given half the chance.

the russians built the berlin wall, the chinese have the great wall, the north koreans manage to keep people out and in, they work

better idea, apply yourself, goto college, get a degree gain skill(s) that people want to pay large sums of cash for

sitting there blaming everyone else, while putting no effort on your part, people rather sit and be spoon fed, and have their hair tussled, instead of taking responsibility, people wanna wake up tomorrow with a net worth of 10 million dollars, i can understand in developing nations that there are difficulties,

no but you can't just tell people they have to through a legal process, then just let people walk across the desert without any notice they even entered

just watched this the other day

the US isn't as bad as people always make it to be, it has issues, but one could say they are "rich people issues"

~37 min in the video

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
the russians built the berlin wall
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" Truly, the only thing any outdoor wall is good for is being torn down. That's like the one time you'll ever hear me quote Reagan in a positive context, so enjoy it.

the chinese have the great wall
They do...and it's mostly a tourist attraction in 21st century. Also, the contractors that the US government was hiring weren't exactly capable of matching that kind of craftsmanship. The US border wall is both ugly and all but completely non-functional.

better idea, apply yourself, goto college, get a degree gain skill(s) that people want to pay large sums of cash for
Dude I saw a posting just the other day for a job paying $37K and asking for a Master's degree. Corporate dick-swinging isn't limited to just blue-collar or low-education work. They push until they get a whole lot of push back. That's just how it works.

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" Truly, the only thing any outdoor wall is good for is being torn down. That's like the one time you'll ever hear me quote Reagan in a positive context, so enjoy it.

They do...and it's mostly a tourist attraction in 21st century. Also, the contractors that the US government was hiring weren't exactly capable of matching that kind of craftsmanship. The US border wall is both ugly and all but completely non-functional.

Dude I saw a posting just the other day for a job paying $37K and asking for a Master's degree. Corporate dick-swinging isn't limited to just blue-collar or low-education work. They push until they get a whole lot of push back. That's just how it works.

a M.D in what?

sound like a useless degree like "general Studies"

if i get a master in physics or computer science/ engineering, i can make 75 grand a year by the time I graduate, over 100 grand a year once you get in the workforce, also other countries would pay me too

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
what was the job, and sounds like a cheap or shitty employer
As they all are if you let them walk all over you. Fast food workers getting paid more does not mean you have to get paid less, so there's no good reason to object to a living wage for minimum wage. Additionally, the economy can only be strengthened by giving the middle and lower class more spending power.

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As they all are if you let them walk all over you. Fast food workers getting paid more does not mean you have to get paid less, so there's no good reason to object to a living wage for minimum wage. Additionally, the economy can only be strengthened by giving the middle and lower class more spending power.

money, investment,time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.