FileTrip Filetrip suggestions thread

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
actually i have a suggestion myself, i'll note it here before i forget:
while browsing a category it'd be nice if we could search the category.

damn it the feature is already there
rofl.gif
at the bottom of the file list

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
My suggestion...

Move Custom Firmware Plugins from Firmware Related to Homebrew and rename to "Plugins" to fit more flush with the other categories in Homebrew.

Why? Plugins are homebrew not firmware related while some plugins only work on a specific firmware many work on all firmwares so I can't see much relation between firmware and plugins.

EDIT: Bug after uploading new file.

QUOTE said:
Thank you for uploading your file to our download database.

You may now: view your file or .

or what?!?!?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Allow unregistered users to rate files.

Files almost never get ratings because they require you to be registered and logged in, you're getting hundreds, maybe thousands of downloads, but no ratings here.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
good point, I'll work on that
smile.gif

edit: well i've been thinking, and i don't think it's such a good idea?
if we allow guests to vote, there isn't really any way to prevent users from voting multiple times
the only way you could do is--
1) saving the list of voted files in the cookies, but then all you'd have to do is clear the cookies then vote again
2) remembering the IP addresses that voted, but then in the UK a lot of people have a shared IP address (public proxy, used by NTL/virgin and others), and besides its easy to get another IP.
so all in all it would result in invalid votes IMO. if you have a better idea, let me know.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Costello said:
good point, I'll work on that
smile.gif

edit: well i've been thinking, and i don't think it's such a good idea?
if we allow guests to vote, there isn't really any way to prevent users from voting multiple times
the only way you could do is--
1) saving the list of voted files in the cookies, but then all you'd have to do is clear the cookies then vote again
2) remembering the IP addresses that voted, but then in the UK a lot of people have a shared IP address (public proxy, used by NTL/virgin and others), and besides its easy to get another IP.
so all in all it would result in invalid votes IMO. if you have a better idea, let me know.
Newgrounds seems to have an effective way of only allowing one vote per day, working by IP address.
Unless somebody is really committed to falsify a voted score, I don't think there's going to be a problem, and the once a day thing makes it more likely for people with shared IPs to be able to vote.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Add the option to negate terms from the search.

For example if I search for "arc" I get all sorts of luminous arc saves, so I want to search for "arc -luminous" to have it not return anything with "luminous" in it.
+1 for something like this - there's been many times I've wanted to look something up & got results for something else, so a way to tell it NOT to list certain results would be helpful

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yay reviving dead topic for my own needs!

Anyways, earlier I was on filetrip (because ndsthemes.com is FINALLY up again :/) and I was thinking of checking to make sure all of my themes were moved to filetrip. While doing this, I thought how much easier it would have been if my older uploads were also organized like how the personal ones are (folders, I'm talking about the folders).

On that note, subfolders in folders would be nice as well.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Loving the new look.

Can we auto expand the old/alt versions part though. I quite often left source code which is otherwise very hard to come by, alt versions with different bugs/functionality (we have all moved in homebrew/open source for long enough here that I probably do not have to say much more) and generally made use of the functionality in that regard.

I can go back and link things up for the really important stuff but even an auto expand would basically sort it, I see the scroll stuff is still there so it should not even break that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.