PS1/2 Filling my PS2 internal HDD with games

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks to the kind members of GBATemp, i was able to create a Free MC Boot Memory Card for my 2 jap. PS2s and to add a network Adapter with a working 160 GB MAXTOR HDD to my FAT PS2. - http://gbatemp.net/threads/mc-boot-installation.362023/

With the HDD i also ordered a IDE-HDD 2 USB Adapter, i was planning to fill the HDD with it. But this thing is so lousy and cheap, it stopped working the secong time i used it.

Now there is just one way (i guess) to fill the HDD with ISOS - HDL Dump.

I already launched the hdld_serv.elf on the PS2, and "READY" was shown on the screen. I tried to connect to the PS2 via my Win7-Laptop and the HDLdumpGUI, but i couldn't get it working :(

Is there somewhere a goog TUT for it? I tried a Crossover-Cable and the Ethernet Cable that came with the PS2 Network Adapter. Which one is better / do i need? :shy:

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You're both right. I was planning to use WinHii.

But i only have a Laptop an an All-in-ONE-PC. So i can't connect an IDE HDD easily. I was using this - http://www.amazon.de/Adapter-Conver...ter+Converter+für+alle+Formate+inkl.+Netzteil

But it's really cheap and poorly manufactured. I maybe try it again with the All-in-ONE-PC tomorrow. Anyway, it would also be nice if the transfer via LAN/Crossover Cable would also be possible. Maybe someone here still knows more about it. :bow:

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now there is just one way (i guess) to fill the HDD with ISOS - HDL Dump.

I already launched the hdld_serv.elf on the PS2, and "READY" was shown on the screen. I tried to connect to the PS2 via my Win7-Laptop and the HDLdumpGUI, but i couldn't get it working :(

Iirc, the FreeMcBoot card needs to be in the 1st Memory Card slot as well as the hdld_serv.elf. I vaguely recall having the same issue, and this corrected it for me.

I also set up a static IP for my PS2 via uLaunchELF and quite possibly through my router as well. I'm not sure if these settings had any impact, but it shouldn't be very hard to set up just in case.

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Iirc, the FreeMcBoot card needs to be in the 1st Memory Card slot as well as the hdld_serv.elf.

The FreeBoot MC is in Memory Card Slot 1, the hdld_serv.elf is on a USB Stick in USB Slot 1. How can hdld_serv.elf be on the MC? How to copy it there?

Were you using an Crossover cable or a standart Ethernet cable?

U can check here and look thru the HD section might help :)

Yep, i have to take a deeper look into it, maybe i'll get it working. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch