ROM Hack Translation Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary Edition - English Patch

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
how do i apply the patch to use on 3ds?
https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/wiki/Optional-features

Enable game patching: This option enables various game patching functions: external .code and exheader loading, IPS patching, LayeredFS, and Locale Emulation.

• External code.bin and exheader.bin loading:This feature allows you to load patched code and exheader binaries for ROM hacks/modifications/etc. without needing to rebuild the modified game as a CIA.
    • To use this feature, create /luma/titles/TID on your SD card and place the modified code.bin in the TID folder. Don't know your Title ID (TID)? Search your game on 3dsdb to find it. For example, PokĂ©mon X's title ID is 0004000000055D00, so if I wanted to patch its code binary, I would place my modified code.bin in /luma/titles/0004000000055D00.
    • Note: These files must be decompressed! Compressed .code files and similar will not function here. You can decompress .code into code.bin with GodMode9 and many other tools.
  • IPS patching: Rather than include the entire code.bin, Luma3DS supports the IPS patch format for code binary patching, allowing for you to distribute only your patches to the code, rather than requiring your users to patch the code.bin themselves or (more illegally) distributing the entire code.bin
    • Using this feature is the same as above, place your code.ips file in /luma/titles/TID.
  • LayeredFS:This allows you to replace files inside the romfs of a game/application.
    • To use this feature, create /luma/titles/TID/romfs and place the your modified files from the game's romfs into the romfs folder.

T0NB3RRYK1NG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Much appreciated! This looks awesome!
I downloaded the translation and it has a code.ips file and a folder named romfs with a crown.dpk file inside.
where do I move these files on my 3ds file directory to get this to work?
Or do I patch it somehow with the rosalina menu?
Sorry... I'm lost.

T0NB3RRYK1NG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been playing it since yesterday and it's really great to be playing it in english with the 3D.
The only small problems I could find was that that a couple NPCs have "4" where there should be spaces,
The text bubbles on the map screen and the text not fitting in the box when you save.
It's all good though. These things are very minor and the only reason I'm bringing them up is to help if you plan on updating this more. Doesn't really need it though. Thank you again, When I first heard about the 3DS I was thinking I really hope they give Final Fantasy 1 the 3D treatment and then it only came out in Japan. I'm on my way to complete it and glad to have this version on the go.

Reactions: DrgnMasterKota

windmill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess after years of procrastinating on playing the original Final Fantasy, I can finally play this version as it looks to be one of the best versions of this game. Thank you for the translation!:D
it IS the best version because Square Removed basegame content from the pixel remasters

windmill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess after years of procrastinating on playing the original Final Fantasy, I can finally play this version as it looks to be one of the best versions of this game. Thank you for the translation!:D
it IS the best version because Square Removed basegame content from the pixel remasters

edit: could some mod delete this 2nd post, my mouse glitched and it posted two of the same comment

KanaKonpaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit out of the know for Final Fantasy remakes/ports/remasters these days, especially the pixel remasters since they aren't on Switch, what did they remove from them? It seems ridiculous to remove anything from the base games. I have never beat them, but I've played the first three Final Fantasy games on NES (through one mean or another) and I don't see what could possibly be removed from them lol.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a bit out of the know for Final Fantasy remakes/ports/remasters these days, especially the pixel remasters since they aren't on Switch, what did they remove from them? It seems ridiculous to remove anything from the base games. I have never beat them, but I've played the first three Final Fantasy games on NES (through one mean or another) and I don't see what could possibly be removed from them lol.
Nothing was removed from the nes games. What was removed in the pixel remaster version was the 4 extra dungeons added to the Gameboy Advance version and the 5th extra dungeon added to the psp/3ds version.

Reactions: tabzer

KanaKonpaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing was removed from the nes games. What was removed in the pixel remaster version was the 4 extra dungeons added to the Gameboy Advance version and the 5th extra dungeon added to the psp/3ds version.
Ah okay, thanks for clarifying that. Guess it's all the more reason to play this version then, as I certainly like extra content like that lol.

windmill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
False, they removed 1 of the ribbons that was there in the NES Version, the Peninsula of Power, which is an intended mechanic, introduced new bugs such as ALL Elements being completely non-function in 1-5, The Ribbon does not work in each pixel remaster, and probably a ton of other things like that.
Ah okay, thanks for clarifying that. Guess it's all the more reason to play this version then, as I certainly like extra content like that lol.
extra content in this version is a blast, have fun

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good