Gaming "Final Fantasy IX" PS3 PKG instal stuck at "Please Wait"

AlchemyX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

If this is the wrong forum to post this in, please delete! This is my first post and I hope I have the right place.

I've been trying to install the "Final Fantasy IX.pkg" package to my CFW (running Rebug 4.82.1 LITE), but when I go to Package Manager, and select the package, it goes to a screen that says "Please Wait" and just hangs there. Yesterday I left it alone for 8 hours while I was at work and when I came back, it was back on the XMB dashboard and nothing had been installed.

I've tried using a package from a different source, and I've tried installing it from multiMan (multiMan to internal HDD to Package Manager -> Stuck at "Please Wait"). I've also tried replacing my Rebug 4.82.1 with Ferrox 4.82.1 Cobra and the same thing happens.

Other packages install just fine.

Any idea what I can do to troubleshoot this problem? Is there any way to verify that my Package file is healthy and that I didn't get a bad package?

Thanks!

Reactions: iosomewhere

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe try extracting the pkg then packaging up just the PARAM.SFO. install the PARAM.SFO pkg, and drop the files into the created folder.

AlchemyX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe try extracting the pkg then packaging up just the PARAM.SFO. install the PARAM.SFO pkg, and drop the files into the created folder.
Thanks for the quick reply!

What tool do you use to extract the package content? I've tried SFO-PACKAGE_Repacker-2.45 and it tells me the files already exist in the folder, then it generates a crash-dump file.

Last edited by AlchemyX,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use package view to extract the package you can repack with aldostools ps3 tools. you'll get a warning that there's no eboot and no icon0.png, but all you really need is the PARAM.SFO.

iosomewhere

Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
Hello!

If this is the wrong forum to post this in, please delete! This is my first post and I hope I have the right place.

I've been trying to install the "Final Fantasy IX.pkg" package to my CFW (running Rebug 4.82.1 LITE), but when I go to Package Manager, and select the package, it goes to a screen that says "Please Wait" and just hangs there. Yesterday I left it alone for 8 hours while I was at work and when I came back, it was back on the XMB dashboard and nothing had been installed.

I've tried using a package from a different source, and I've tried installing it from multiMan (multiMan to internal HDD to Package Manager -> Stuck at "Please Wait"). I've also tried replacing my Rebug 4.82.1 with Ferrox 4.82.1 Cobra and the same thing happens.

Other packages install just fine.

Any idea what I can do to troubleshoot this problem? Is there any way to verify that my Package file is healthy and that I didn't get a bad package?

Thanks!

Did you somehow solve it ?
Same problem here :( Any help would be appreciated !

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GodReborn answer seems pretty good to me. it is a good place to start.

"you can use package view to extract the package you can repack with aldostools ps3 tools"

milos0mika

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Guys when u click on install package files and you install your games and stuck at please wait screen after gets you back just go in Playstation Network Content(option above the Install package files) just go there and there you will see your game click on it and then install will begin

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU