Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

Pleasance13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey otyg, in my searching around I saw you managed to get things working flawlessly with a PSP Minis solution. Any word on that, if the proprietary tools have been made available yet?

KernelPanic apparently says there's a OFW solution in the works too, don't know if it's related or not to this technique.

Have a temporary solution to mine now. Working as a Mini, minus some videos not playing (eg. the New Game video).

Zero Dozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just strolling through to say I've been playing the V2 patch.

It works pretty well. [user]blackfire219[/user] , I guess I must thank you, KernelPanic and PiezoSparker for working on the new patch, as well as [user]NicoBlogs[/user] for giving me a place to get it from. I'm loving the game as it is.

Do you three guys intend to work on a V3 patch in some future? Or you guys will be done with this game?

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems simple to me, if the game can be translated, it could be dubbed too. However, there could be things as cutscenes with the voices in the video itself, or cutscenes and voice files separate. I don't know how possible it is, or what the result would be if it was possible. The reason so many undubbed hacks exist is because there's both a Japanese and English version on the same console, and thus switching the voice files is easier. I don't know what would happen if we tried to put in the Type-0 HD cutscenes into the PSP ISO. It could be even larger than it is now.

EDIT: Also, I really don't know anything about hacking, so I could be completely wrong on most if not all of this.

blackfire219

D-Wheeler Accel Duelist
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm.. Too bad, my two posts were deleted. I didn't intended to name it, or rather link them. But it is okay for me. Sorry for that. At least, I will be more careful to what I post next time.

Zero Dozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Relax, I got your message on my status.

I was also wondering here, for anyone in want of a challenge, is there a way to modify the SPP system into something that could be done in Single-Player? Due to not having two PSPs and having only a limited machine that couldn't run even a single instance of a Type-0-running PPSSPP without heavy slowdown, I wanted to know if it is possible to make that SPP system to work like the HD version.

Oh, also, [user]blackfire219[/user], if those tools by Piezo get released, did you think about making a version of the patch using the HD version's names? (Well, there's already people expecting the HD version's dub, no?)

blackfire219

D-Wheeler Accel Duelist
Trophies
XP
Country
If you are talking about putting the English audio from HD to PSP version, I think that's impossible. Not all Blu-Ray drives can rip PS4 games... And some of the game's files are probably hidden (like in PS3/X360 games, but there are tools that can make them unhidden).

blackfire219

D-Wheeler Accel Duelist
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm actually talking about putting the HD version's text into the game, but the answer for the dub part is a good one to have as well.
I haven't saw the HD version's texts yet. But I think they've just localized other names to English.

I am hoping for a Steam release of TYPE-0 HD, since I don't own a PS4 console.

LoyalZero1

Former Videogame & Movie News Super Blogger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd certainly download a V3 later on down the line should the HD version get dumped and the voice files put in the PSP ISO. But for now I'll settle with V2.

OMG, I was just thinking the exact same thing yesterday! Now THAT would be WIZARD!

Anyway, I have started to play the game now, and i've noticed something in the translated version.... you can't position the camera in the crimson codex to look at the panties of the females, as was intended by the developers. Why? Did Sky's team do something to disable the function? Or am I not doing it right? I've also seen others saying the same thing on other sites. What gives????

And there probably will be no steam release of type zero hd.... AGITO has been announced for windows 10.....

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unless you cheated to get it that was not unlocked

for FFT-0 JP it is

_C0 CAMERA LIMIT OFF
_L 0x20164BA0 0x10000004
_L 0x20164BC8 0x10000004
_L 0x20164C78 0x00000000

That makes me wonder if maybe the other cheats are failing as well on V2

Reactions: LoyalZero1

LoyalZero1

Former Videogame & Movie News Super Blogger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the code. But..... uh..... I've never put a cheat code in, so I don't know how to put it in! How do I do it? Is there a guide or something I need to download?

EDIT: :lol: Nevermind! I figured it out!

However, it does indeed seem that v2 behaves a bit differently than the original in this matter. The code you gave me works on both. BUT when you try to go back to the title screen from the start menu in the game in v2, you get a black screen. The game crashes. I did the same thing in the original, and it worked just fine. v2 needs work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1