Final Fantasy XIII-2 information and hype thread!

UnoAphex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Random ass town? you were clearly not paying attention to the story if you're calling it a random ass town. If you were paying attention he wasn't even poisoning a town he was poisoning doma castle and you didn't realize it was the only military power strong enough to take on kefka by itself. So to get it out of the way he poisoned the water and killed almost everyone which he didn't count on anyone surviving much less the greatest swordsman in doma. Clearly doma WAS important and not random.
Also I didn't care for FF8 much, The gameplay with monsters leveling up with you was retarded and the whole love story thing was lame.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UnoAphex said:
Random ass town? you were clearly not paying attention to the story if you're calling it a random ass town. If you were paying attention he wasn't even poisoning a town he was poisoning doma castle and you didn't realize it was the only military power strong enough to take on kefka by itself. So to get it out of the way he poisoned the water and killed almost everyone which he didn't count on anyone surviving much less the greatest swordsman in doma. Clearly doma WAS important and not random.

You clearly don't understand that i don't give a crap. Get over your love of FF6, it wasn't as good as you think it is. I liked 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 10-2. and 13 all more then FF6. Again, it's still just some random town, in FF5, and 7, people you were traveling with get killed off. Kefka is a stupid clown, FF6 wasn't the best FF. I liked 13 more,

Deal
With
It

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, first, Sylar, respect other peoples' opinions. Just because you didn't like FF6 doesn't mean that it wasn't that good.

Uno, respect other peoples' opinions. Jus because you didn't like FFXIII doesn't mean that it wasn't that good.

Now can we get back on topic?

UnoAphex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
what's the point of the internet if you can't argue with people? I rather enjoy my time arguing with people, Makes me excited on the amounts of profanity I can use. ha ha ha. Like how many times i can say fuck in a sentence. I always say if you don't like profanity and arguing gtfo the internet and read a book.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UnoAphex said:
what's the point of the internet if you can't argue with people? I rather enjoy my time arguing with people, Makes me excited on the amounts of profanity I can use. ha ha ha. Like how many times i can say fuck in a sentence.
Well this argument isn't on topic. While it does deal with Final Fantasy, it has nothing to do with Final Fantasy XIII.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
You guys are really feeding the troll here.
Mantis41 said:
Cool that will be something to look forward too. It's not a bad game just not what I'm used to. With the amount of emotion floating around in this forum it must be pretty good and leave a lasting impression, If it didn't nobody would give a fuck.The game gets open but not what you'd expect. You've got 64 missions and a fairly large (and repetitive) field to explore but you can skip it all together and get back to the corridors.

The battles does feel like a chore during the first five or so chapters but like most Final Fantasy games, battles become more better once you've leveled up a few times, got some new skills and strategies.

Though, I'd recommend at least waiting until Chapter 12 (hell you might as well complete the game at this point). You said your kid loves the fights and graphics, right? He'll love the opening to this chapter
laugh.gif

Overall, I can understand the hate from Final Fantasy fans but they are really unfair towards it, they want an old school Final Fantasy and they keep comparing it to them, this is not that and Square Enix has said something similar which might change your mind about it.KitaseWe think many reviewers are looking at Final Fantasy XIII from a western point of view. When you look at most Western RPGs, they just dump you in a big open world, and let you do whatever you like... [It] becomes very difficult to tell a compelling story when you're given that much freedom.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people are just bawwing because there isn't that much one would notice on the surface to indicate that it were a Final Fantasy title. I mean, they could technically put another name on it and no one would notice.

That said, I didn't care. Final Fantasy is (mostly) an Anthology, in Story and now gameplay-wise. I treated it like a new game and that sweetened the experience.

UnoAphex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
machomuu said:
I think people are just bawwing because there isn't that much one would notice on the surface to indicate that it were a Final Fantasy title. I mean, they could technically put another name on it and no one would notice.

That said, I didn't care. Final Fantasy is (mostly) an Anthology, in Story and now gameplay-wise. I treated it like a new game and that sweetened the experience.

Okay, think of it this way. Take a series like Fable right. It was awesome to begin with and the way everything was, was just perfect. You gained experience depending on what you did sorta like oblivion but not like oblivion in many other ways. Then of course Fable 2 was released and it was a step up a bit from the last one giving you more room to explore and decisions to make plus multiple player support. Very cool In my opinion. Then they change the dynamics completely with the third game knowing the whole point of why most people like the previous game was the mechanics. Which they did a complete overhaul and now the fable series is official dead to me. Now let's associate this with a game series like Final Fantasy. For any final fantasy fan who's been playing since the very beginning most of us came to expect something better with the next game, Not a complete change just some new additions a new story and so on. But of course what they did was change it so much so that in my opinion should either stop the series or call it something different. Final fantasy died to me around FF9, and much of the spin off games weren't that great but at least respectable enough to have a different subtext to the game for example, dirge of Cerberus wasn't a final fantasy game it played more like Devil May cry however at least they had the decency to slap a subtext title implying the game wouldn't be anything like final fantasy, same with FF Tactics, and so on and so on. So why let a game carry a legendary title such as Final Fantasy when the game dynamics have changed so much so that it's not even a final fantasy anymore. give it a new name.. anything. I argue because things like a FF13-2 "hype" threads offend the shit out of me. It's not simply that I'm mad I'm genuinely offended that this kinda thing could be passed off as a new final fantasy game. I wouldn't be so pissed off if they just called it something different.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hey UnoAphex, you might want to know this
QUOTE said:
Final Fantasy is a media franchise created by Hironobu Sakaguchi, and is developed and owned by Square Enix (formerly Square). The franchise centers on a series of fantasy and science-fantasy role-playing video games
Final Fantasy XIII is fantasy, right?
Final Fantasy XIII is an RPG, right?
That pretty much describes a Final Fantasy title, not how it's not like the other games.

Deal the shit out of it and shut up.

UnoAphex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
so I should just be happy that the final fantasy titles have not been good since 9? Awesome. and I also shouldn't be offended that my favorite series has gone all to shit. Yeah sure I'll just accept that society is accepting shitty games as good ones when the series beforehand was so much more vibrant and less contrived and retarded as this set of games. Final Fantasy 13 is a Mock RPG. I wouldn't go as far as calling it an RPG but more like an action game with RPG elements. The Square-enix merger also killed them. I refuse to call them Square-enix. Cause enix by themselves was a great company and Squaresoft by themselves was a great company. Then they merged and life was never the same, and the only worth while final fantasy they made was 9. I also don't know what you mean by the word "fantasy" cause this sure aint no fantasy I've ever had. Also I know who created the series, I'm not an invalid. I've only been playing since FF1, you don't think I ever studied up on the creators of the game. It -was- my favorite series.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
UnoAphex said:
I'll say it again for good measure too,

Final Fantasy 13, is NOT An RPG. Case closed.
I'm guessing (and probably correct) that you do not class FF12 as an RPG, right?

Welp, just because a character doesn't stand there in one spot all through the battle doesn't mean it's not an RPG.

Anyway, you've pretty much derailed this thread with your ignorance, nice going jackass. If you don't like the game, simply don't post (or even better don't read the thread).

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
UnoAphex said:
I'll say it again for good measure too,

Final Fantasy 13, is NOT An RPG. Case closed.
I'm guessing (and probably correct) that you do not class FF12 as an RPG, right?

Welp, just because a character doesn't stand there in one spot all through the battle doesn't mean it's not an RPG.

Anyway, you've pretty much derailed this thread with your ignorance, nice going jackass. If you don't like the game, simply don't post (or even better don't read the thread).

is true is not a rpg

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I like Serah more than Lightning =) She looks hotter & cuter
rolleyes.gif

Putting that aside, is the game going to be a 2man team? Well that would suck if it were. Right i still have to finish FFXIII. But the game is so damn linear and boring >.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
http://andriasang.com/comyip/
In an interview with the magazine, producer Yoshinori Kitase and director Motomu Toriyama said that Snow and Serah lived together in the two years after the events of FFXIII-2. However, they're not married.
Say hi to Noel and goodbye to Snow.
They also touched upon the recently revealed Kaias character, calling him the strongest enemy in Final Fantasy series history.
He looks like he just jumped out of one of Yuna's FFX-2 concerts.
Square Enix has been slowly announcing download content for the game. There may be more to the DLC than just handing over your money, though. As an example, the two said to picture something where you get the new items after defeating newly added enemies.

Outside of the interview, the magazine has information on the game's monster calling system, whose Japanese name translates to Summon Raid (I'm not sure if this is the English name). Some enemies will turn to crystal form after you defeat them. This means that you've captured them. You can then place them in a deck with other monsters.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Awesome new trailer:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ON_Et81Pj-s

I'm a bit skeptical of the monster catching ability as teammates (seeing as how that idea is never successful IMO) but I am very excited for the time change system they are implementing.
The SMT series would like a word with you sir.

Other than that, trailer is fucking awesome

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1