Final Fantasy XIV: Realm Reborn : OFFICIAL HYPE THREAD

Are you excited about FFXIV:RR?

• Of course I am you fool!

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Nope, never in a million years!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe.. if they showed a bit more..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm on the fence at the moment because of FFXIV 1.0..

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • .....I'm sorry what was the question?

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shadowlurker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
8781178823_18411a6f3c.jpg
With the upcoming release of Final Fantasy XIV: Realm Reborn I felt the need to discuss the game and noticed that there didn't seem to be a thread for it.. so here it is!​
As you may or may not know, FFXIV Realm Reborn, is a reboot/Sequel/complete upgrade from the original FFXIV and everything I've seen so far looks amazing from the graphics to the cutscenes and even the cute little chocobo riding Lalafells.​
I'm more excited about this game currently than I am for Lightning Returns despite being one of few fans that actually liked XIII and it's sequel it's not hard to see why..​
I'm going to be playing the PS3 version seeing as my PC is more of the.. classic design but seeing as the servers are linked I don't see a problem with getting either version if your PC can't run it like mine.. the only problem I have is that can only efford to pre-order the standard edition with the bonuses but I really want that Coeurl mount......​
Are you excited about FFXIV:RR or are you worried because of FFXIV 1.0's terrible reception? Feel free to discuss!​

Shadowlurker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice, I'll be on the Masamune server as our guild is currently at 1000+ members and we'll have a massive presence in the server!

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm hyped in a way because i've seen a ton of positive remarks, even from people who hated the original like I did. Based on videos I haven't really seen anything too impressive yet, besides that it looks pretty gorgeous.
I'll be going into Open Beta, and that's when i'll decide if I want to buy it and try it further. I needed a new MMO to play anyway. The MMO scene has been starved as of late.

Nice, I'll be on the Masamune server as our guild is currently at 1000+ members and we'll have a massive presence in the server!

I've been playing MMOs for god knows how long and I'll -never- understand massive guilds. They seem like the biggest waste of time to me. Even the guild I ran with 200 members was stupid big and I gave it up for a smaller guild.
Though I guess I treat guilds as a family, not just a slightly clustered community to further my own goals with a bit more organization.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd be excited for it if it weren't for the fact that it requires a paid subscription (as I lack the money to keep it going). I enjoyed Phase 3 of the beta, and I'll be spending a lot of time playing it during Phase 4.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still thinking whether to go on with it, I didn't get through much with Phase 3, since I got my invite near the very end of it, so my decision will hang on Phase 4. We should all get together on one server and make a GBAtemp guild :)

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
when i was playing the phase 3 beta i was on Gilgamesh
it is a fun game

it something you can play for a few hours get some quest, get some leveling done,do some FATEs and a dungeon, do a duty(using the duty finder) and explore, stop and take a break and come back latter

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Open beta up now.

I'm on the Gilgamesh server I believe. I kinda forgot and am too lazy to go to char select to see.
Level 9 lancer so far.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only guy on Adamantoise? :( Pssst, I'm Etherion Laser on Adamantoise. Add me. It could be fun.

And oh God, do not get me started on the release of the first version. That game was a disaster. :angry:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Is Janet Jackson alive?