ROM Hack Fire Emblem Awakening Same-Sex Marriage (+ More)

EndlesslyCross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I update to the newest version from an older one? I am using hans if that matters. It has been a long time since I last set it up, so I kind of forgot even the basics lol.

Edit: I drug the romfs folder into the hans folder on my sd card (which had the awakening romfs), and it didn't ask me to replace anything. Instead, it just put the romfs folder next to the romfs file. Is that normal and it is now updated?

2nd edit: I am pretty sure I know at least part of the problem. I was probably supposed to have a romfs folder for awakening that I dumped when I originally set up this hack, but my computer died a while back, and I lost that folder. However, I still have the Romfs file itself (after it was built) on the sd card. Should I somehow unbuild it, then replace the files and rebuild it? I am guessing I will just have to braindump and start over?

3rd edit: Tried to use braindump to redump the romfs folder. It claimed I succeeded, but I can't find the folder. Is it because I didn't delete the previous file (the one that is already built) from the sd card?

4th edit: I am guessing braindump dumps files as cxi files contrary to what the tutorial I was using told me. Now I just need to figure out how to use ctrtool on windows 10 since it doesn't let you open the command prompt using shift+right click.

5th edit: I got the romfs.bin file using ctrtool and am trying to figure out how to make it into a folder. I tried this command ctrtool –intype=romfs –romfsdir=romfsdir romfs.bin and it seemed to do something, but I can't find where it put the folder...

Last edited by EndlesslyCross,

Naransolongo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It might've been asked already or I'm an idiot (or both) but how do i install the files onto my Citra awakening data? I'm pretty new to applying patches and emulation in general and could use some help. I would do this on my 3DS but that thing is currently out of commision indefinetly after a certain fountain event in the game known as my life (i did managed to get all the data onto Citra a year prior tho).

Ironclad17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been mentioned already but does anyone know if this affects the triggers for Chrom's automatic marriage after Chapter 11? Should I just edit the supports before that chapter instead of fussing over the fact that his highest support isn't what I wanted? Can anyone point me to what values in the save file correspond to support levels? All the tools focus on character class, stats, items, and skills but I can't seem to find info on supports.

If you're not quite clear what I mean I made a post on Serenes Forest

I actually figured out a significant chunk of it. I should be able to manage now. I know where most of Chrom's support ranks are saved and I can pretty easily figure out the offsets when new characters join my party. Other characters support ranks are in different orders but you can easily tell which one is which from the non-zero offset values.

Well thank god I looked into this earlier. Saved me a lot of trouble when I got to this point. Turns out, yes the mod does seriously affect Chrom's automatic marriage. Even with FeMU, Sumia, Sully; Mariabelle support values for Chrom and vice versa manually set to 0 and Olivia's support value raised adequately during Chapter 11 as detailed here, it defaulted to the villager marriage cutscene. It was only by then finishing the level on the same save with an unmodded game that I was able to trigger the Olivia marriage. I suspect because the patch allows for other potential marriages, it treats their support ranks similarly to FeMU, Sumia, Sully; Mariabelle. Maybe because it's registering that there are higher valued romantic supports than Olivia, it's defaulting to Female Villager. Still took me a couple hours to figure out the exact offsets for each character support since I raised nearly all of them to A, and the order in which they're sequenced doesn't fit any pattern. I explained my methodology in more detail on the Serenes Forest post if you want to do the same.

LeafsShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where would I go for help on installing this hack? I've read a lot of the installation guides but I still need help with just about every step of the process. Is there a forum I can go to for help?

Elinel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where would I go for help on installing this hack? I've read a lot of the installation guides but I still need help with just about every step of the process. Is there a forum I can go to for help?

You'll need a decrypted 3ds rom or a decrypted cia rom. 3ds to cia by katsu is needed if you have a decrypted 3ds rom. Then get hackingtoolkit by asia81 make sure to get v9. HackingTool has a .3ds extractor but i didn't use it but you theoretically could probably maybe. I used cia extractor, however, and it worked so yeah. When you have your cia rom extract it by pressing CE into HackingToolkit3DS.exe once you downloaded HackingTool. After that command prompt the next screen will ask you to put the name of the file. Make sure to not include the .cia and the name doesn't have any special characters or spaces. Now it's gonna do its thing and extract. If it doesn't extract make sure to run SetUpUS.exe. Now it should have an extracted romfs folder. You can place the romfs file from the gay awakening/fates zip file into the romfs file that was extracted. To clarify, I used the HANS folder and then went to the region of the rom(mine was EU). After you placed the files into your extracted romfs folder, open up hackingtool once more. Press cr and and then fill out your file name blah blah blah. Wait a couple seconds minutes w/e. And then it will make a cia file. Go to 3ds to cia and press 3, and then 6. Now fill out info again, and donezo. It should be working :D

EDIT: Just used 3ds extractor on hackingtool. It works. It's much easier with decrypted 3ds if you already have it. Just extract, palce romfs folder from gay awakening to extracted romfs folder, and then rebuild. Have fun!

Last edited by Elinel,

LeafsShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need a decrypted 3ds rom or a decrypted cia rom. 3ds to cia by katsu is needed if you have a decrypted 3ds rom. Then get hackingtoolkit by asia81 make sure to get v9. HackingTool has a .3ds extractor but i didn't use it but you theoretically could probably maybe. I used cia extractor, however, and it worked so yeah. When you have your cia rom extract it by pressing CE into HackingToolkit3DS.exe once you downloaded HackingTool. After that command prompt the next screen will ask you to put the name of the file. Make sure to not include the .cia and the name doesn't have any special characters or spaces. Now it's gonna do its thing and extract. If it doesn't extract make sure to run SetUpUS.exe. Now it should have an extracted romfs folder. You can place the romfs file from the gay awakening/fates zip file into the romfs file that was extracted. To clarify, I used the HANS folder and then went to the region of the rom(mine was EU). After you placed the files into your extracted romfs folder, open up hackingtool once more. Press cr and and then fill out your file name blah blah blah. Wait a couple seconds minutes w/e. And then it will make a cia file. Go to 3ds to cia and press 3, and then 6. Now fill out info again, and donezo. It should be working :D

EDIT: Just used 3ds extractor on hackingtool. It works. It's much easier with decrypted 3ds if you already have it. Just extract, palce romfs folder from gay awakening to extracted romfs folder, and then rebuild. Have fun!
I'm using 3ds to cia and the instructions lost me at:
How to use:

.3ds to cia:

1. Create your xorpads and put all files into 3ds to cia dir next to 'Make' batch

Ironclad17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't actually see a difference in game files for all the versions of the patches so all of them should work for making your own edited rom. You just copy/overwrite the files to their corresponding folders depending on which region your game is.

Did you read the header? Follow the easy way instructions not the hard way. I explained the minor details earlier already as well. I would advise against using the HackingToolkit because the 3ds extractor tool it uses doesn't recognize the Japanese characters in some filenames/directories which causes the newly made rom to not display text. The newer versions may not have this issue, but 3dstool is the only one I can vouch for.

As I recall, the newer game dumping tools can decrypt roms on their own so you just need 3dstool to unpack and repack the files.
https://citra-emu.org/wiki/dumping-game-cartridges/

Last edited by Ironclad17,

LeafsShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody know if there is a forum or something like that where I can get help installing this mod? Specifically one that can help me do it on the Citra emulator?

FPSrad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would also love some help on doing this for Citra without the need for a 3DS.

I've managed to get a working decrypted .cia, extract it with HackingToolkit9DS, apply the romfs patch and rebuilt but Citra refuses to run the edited repack due to being encrypted again?

Any ideas? Also tried this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-converting-roms-for-citra-without-a-3ds.444450/

But it fails stating "This is a retail rom, you need a repacked one."

Edit: figured it out by using 3dsOfflineDecTool for the generated 3ds alt file after conversion.

Last edited by FPSrad,

ElitePowerGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any possible fix for the game crashing right after the credits if Robin has a same-sex S Support?

Okay I figured a way to fix this would be to "unmarry" Robin in the save just before the credits, then remarry afterwards, thanks to save editing. Unfortunately editing relationships seems to require hex editing, and I really don't have a clue on how to proceed? Any help on that?

Catsaber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

i'm stuck with this, idk why but nothing happens after i try to extract with the hacking tool (it just says that extract is done, but i don't see a folder or anything), i've tried with both a decrypted and a cia file and made sure to not leave any spaces in the file names and made sure i'm using the right hacking tool version but it just won't work

(i just want to play with this patch, why is it so hard q-q)

[edit: nvm all that i literally had to do was to move the file into the toolkit folder to get it to work, i'm dumb orz]

Last edited by Catsaber,

Kiyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you very much for this patch! Just installed it with Luma! But... how do I know that the patch is already working? (for example at Story of Seasons I can see a rainbow behind the title - is there a hint for this patch?)

TomboyGamerXL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, does any of the special cutscenes change if Chrom marries someone in the hack, for example chapter 11 or when Lucina meets her other parent. Or does it treat it like they aren’t married and have the maiden appear instead?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next