Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses will feature same-sex romance options for certain characters

D1Hv61iU8AEa61W.jpg

The latest Fire Emblem game is almost here, as fans only need to wait more two weeks until the game's launch, on July 26th. Spoilers and information are beginning to spread, as people get their hands on review copies or find retailers that break street date. Series fans will know that Supports are a major part of previous Fire Emblem games, with more modern entries fully allowing you to play matchmaker with every member of your army. This new Fire Emblem title will have that same feature, though with a rather significant addition; Nintendo has confirmed that Fire Emblem: Three Houses will allow your player character to romance certain other party members, particularly of the same sex. This isn't the first time that the series has allowed for same-sex romance options--Fire Emblem: Fates gave players two party members that you could romance, regardless of your player character's gender. Not every unit will be compatible, but an initial list of some of those specific characters can be found in the source link, below.

Considering the reception and popularity of a well-known Fire Emblem: Fates romhack, hosted on this very site, this choice could be a very welcome and long-awaited one.

:arrow: Source

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not into romantic games but this is an interesting one. I will take a look at it when it's out soon. Never experienced this game from other system before.

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love it when games do this. Romancing in games always makes me cringe, but at least without a gender restriction it lets me have fun with it. Maybe I'm immature, but stringing along the first obvious love interest intended by the developers only to drop her for the burliest dude in the party always gets a chuckle out of me.

julianuf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All three options are hideous. Incredibly disappointing...

Why can't I marry the hot guys :<

Seriously, it looks like the options are:
1. Guy who looks like, and could easily be mistaken for a girl
2. Old guy that looks like some kind of church figure
3. Big burly knight guy

Jeez.. stereotypical much? Come on Japan. (And of course the female options get actual pretty girls - a MAIN character, an attractive student, and two others...)

Last edited by julianuf,

THYPLEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As a lesbian, this is much appreciated... as long as it's not hamfisted onto others and all up in our faces. I am hopeful I'll have a better option than... Rhajat, TBH.

I just hope the kids don't come back. I liked the kids in Awakening, and I liked them in Fates, too, but the Fates kids had NO reason at all to be in the game.
No reason ?
How harsh , and why , if i may ask?

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
All three options are hideous. Incredibly disappointing...

Why can't I marry the hot guys :<

Seriously, it looks like the options are:
1. Guy who looks like, and could easily be mistaken for a girl
2. Old guy that looks like some kind of church figure
3. Big burly knight guy

Jeez.. stereotypical much? Come on Japan. (And of course the female options get actual pretty girls - a MAIN character, an attractive student, and two others...)
But the big burly guy is one of the hottest guys

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*No one is complaining*
You guys: Stop complaining! It's so stupid!!!

But seriously, as spai said, there is no reason not to release mommy third. Especially with the revoking censorship thing.

EDIT: Okay so there is one person complaining but I had read the first page at the time. My snark still stands

Last edited by Nerdtendo,

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I could never get into FE. Grid shit may have worked great in the 90's because of hardware limitations but nowadays I consider it lazy and unnacceptable.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No reason ?
How harsh , and why , if i may ask?
In Awakening, they made sense. I'll stick it in a spoiler just in case, tho most people know.
Since Lucina and co came from the future, the kids being fully grown and coming to help as part of the crew to stop the end of the world made total sense.
In Fates, the kids just get shipped off to another dimension for some reason after being born, and then for SOME OTHER REASON you just happen to stumble across them and have them join your crew. They feel as though they were hoisted in for the sake of encouraging relationships instead of actually having a reason to exist, and were just poorly written as a whole.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I mean, it doesn't have to be that way. They could easily just have it so that, y'know, their sexuality changed depending on if the player tried to romance them.
That means more content and more content means its costs more. Nintendo would never do something like that without adding new game assets. Personally i think its enough if only couple of the heroes are gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo