FireFox VS. IE VS. Other. Which one ?

Which one is better? Firefox or Internet Explorer? (Or other)

• FireFox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Internet Explorer

• Opera

• Other (Please say which)

• Total voters

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't particularly talking about GBATemp anyway. Think like Youtube. It's a great website that allows people to upload videos for free. Why would Youtube allow that? Because you're a potential ad-clicker and you somehow bring them money. Even I sometimes watch those commercial videos that are on the frontpage.

Or IGN. You can get a paid membership and block the ads. Otherwise, you're gonna have to see them. Not all ads needs to be clicked in order for the site to get money. Just you seeing them is enough for them. and I absolutely love IGN, it's a great website, even though the ads sometimes irritate me, I don't blame them. But you blocking that Ad destroys all the purpose of it.

"In fact, I'm saving them money by saving the bandwidth they would have loaded had I let the ads load on my end."

Besides, this doesn't really make any sense at all because whaeter you block them or not, they're already downloaded and the bandwith is already used. You just don't see it on your browser. It's only a visual thing.

As I said, sooner or later, somehow is going to click on those ads, accidentally or on purpose. Ads aren't there just to annoy you and give a worse browsing experience. Those websites need money. I am suprised how GBATemp can hold down all these stuff with minimum to none advertisement and I'm really glad to that. But as just I said above, when you'll have your own website, you'll understand that better.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ads Don't Generate Money
Adblock Doesn't Scare Me

And in case you're not going to bother reading those, Adblock does prevent the ad from loading in the first place. Nothing is downloaded from the ad server.
Hahaha, the first one is really funny. Talk about bias. It's a no brainer that the programmer of adblock isn't going to tell you that it's bad to block ads. This line was especially hilarious:

"They also get better statistics and can see which ads people find more interesting — without having to estimate the number of people who wouldn’t click any ad."

If adblock blocks all the ads, how are they supposed to get any kind of statistics on which ads they block? That makes absolutely no sense to me. Blog entries like this aren't credible enough for me honestly. I did read both of them though. You know what's ironic though? Even Firefox has ads in it, like the Google search engine and stuff like that are nothing but advertising and that's their way of making money.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
seriously, ads is the root to all evil, like that bling with all the damn poker.
smile.gif
I hate it!
if I'm surfing videogame sites, I don't want to see commercials. I might aswell turn on my tv. One of the reasons I stopped watching tv is the fact it's so damn stuffed with commercial, makes the movies much longer than they really should be.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seriously, ads is the root to all evil, like that bling with all the damn poker.
smile.gif
I hate it!
if I'm surfing videogame sites, I don't want to see commercials. I might aswell turn on my tv. One of the reasons I stopped watching tv is the fact it's so damn stuffed with commercial, makes the movies much longer than they really should be.

Hmm, somebody doesn't get how capitalism works....

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
On topic: I use firefox, although if there was something better, I'd use it. Once you've got a few choice extensions, it's slower than IE, or at least uses more RAM.

Brainy142

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
uh... seamonkey is powered by the scource of firefox... but in an all-in-1 soution
tongue.gif
. Interesting

and for that person seeing ads... hahaha I use adblock pro (free for firefox
tongue.gif
) and I never see ads and if i do I can block them forever hahahahaha.
lecture.gif
nyanya.gif

Note for people thinking about going in to firefox (3) "beta" (firefox 2 users can ignore this) the rss for gba temp will NOT work...
cry.gif
o well.
tongue.gif

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ever since I tried Firefox, I don't use IE unless I have to. It's just a better all-around browsing experience for me, and I almost have to use the built in spellchecker now to make any sense. The Add-on system and themes make it that much more fun.

And thanks for the tips from other users. I just installed FF3 b2 and it really is much faster. Native resumable downloads is a big plus for me as well.

avant1277

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been using Opera for years. I find it faster and more compact than Firefox. I also really like some of the extra shortcuts like mouse gestures. I use the ones for back and forward a lot and they work really well. I only use IE for my online banking website which only supports IE.

naes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Opera is the best, but a few sites I frequent are just very bad with Opera for some reason, so I use Firefox most the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety