FireFox VS. IE VS. Other. Which one ?

Which one is better? Firefox or Internet Explorer? (Or other)

• FireFox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Internet Explorer

• Opera

• Other (Please say which)

• Total voters

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use Safari because it's fast and blends in with OSX well. Before Leopard I used to use FireFox but it was really slow on my system for some reason.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I want to say Firefox is 100% better than I.E., but there is only one thing that I.E. has done better that will always keep me half hearted about FF...it was made by teh sexy hands of Bill.
wub.gif
wub.gif

bill-clinton-picture.jpg

Smwbigboss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IE has many security holes, and is slower than Opera. If you like fast things, go for Opera. Much more screen space for the functionality than IE.

Security holes? I never had any problems with viruses on my computer[come to think of it, I NEVER had a problem with viruses ever]. As long as you have a real time protection running on the background, you're good to go[you should have one even if you're not using IE]. Opera is even worse than Firefox about compatiblity. No thanks.
You can't just say "I never seen them, so they must not exist!"
They are there whether you're aware of them or not. And that whole "run protection in the background at all times" mentality is a result of stupid computer illiterate people living in fear of viruses because they're using unsecure software. I'm running Linux and I don't have to worry about viruses because it doesn't have the gaping security holes that Windows has. Neither do the people with Macs.

Also, Internet Explorer doesn't render webpages properly. There is something called the Acid2 test that tests compliance with web standards. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid_2

Here is how Opera, Safari and Firefox 3 render it
Safariacid2.png

And here is the failure of IE7
Ie7acid2.png

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, Internet Explorer doesn't render webpages properly. There is something called the Acid2 test that tests compliance with web standards. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid_2

Safariacid2.png

Ie7acid2.png
Also, Internet Explorer doesn't render political predictions properly. There is something called the Acid2 test that tests validity in prediction algorithms.

ObamaBarack.jpg

453px-George-W-Bush.jpeg

FaRReR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yay, firefox is awesome

IE=
cry.gif
=
rofl2.gif
= :'( =
ohmy.gif
=
blink.gif
=
huh.gif
=
dry.gif
=
mad.gif
=
unsure.gif
=
wacko.gif
=
wtf.gif
=
hate2.gif

There should be a yayfirefox smiley

... and also whoever posted last, firefox 2 doesn't pass the test although Gran Paridisio (FF3) does.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol