First official trailer for 'Sonic The Hedgehog' live action movie released

sonic movie.PNG

After months of speculations, leaks and backlash from fans, we now have our first look at the Blue Blur's live action adaptation thanks to the very first official trailer courtesy of Paramount Pictures. Sonic's CGI leaked last month holds true in the final version of the movie, voiced by Ben Schwartz while Jim Carrey will be taking the role of Dr. Robotnik in an all new Sonic adventure to save the world. Without further ado, feast your eyes on your first look of this live-action take of Sonic & co.:

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG is a live-action adventure comedy based on the global blockbuster videogame franchise from Sega that centers on the infamously brash bright blue hedgehog. The film follows the (mis)adventures of Sonic as he navigates the complexities of life on Earth with his newfound – human – best friend Tom Wachowski (James Marsden). Sonic and Tom join forces to try and stop the villainous Dr. Robotnik (Jim Carrey) from capturing Sonic and using his immense powers for world domination. The film also stars Tika Sumpter and Ben Schwartz as the voice of Sonic.
Sonic The Hedgehog the movie hits theatres this November. What do you think of this adaptation from the trailer? Do you look forward to see how it turns out?

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess it's aimed at the same crowd who'd go see the emoji movie. That is, 6-10 year olds. Not a movie made for fans, but rather, made to generate new fans.

...which is insanity. I mean. Why. why do they have such disdain for their current fans?
What are you on about :lol: i dont kno what Yr expecting but sonic games are the sort of games tht age group would play

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you on about :lol: i dont kno what Yr expecting but sonic games are the sort of games tht age group would play
lol true dat. but I meant more about the insanity of putting off actual fans.

It makes sense financially, just not for the fans of the series. they saw this project and thought the only safe way to develop it was to get a subpar script, stuff it with famous people, and try to break even. since the aim is young kids, they probably figure they don't have to try that hard. take "that" approach. makes me sad. is it that hard to make a quality general movie?

Last edited by osaka35,

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bit about the kid in the bag was almost funny.... almost. Other than that, nope I don't think this film is calling for me to watch it and I'm pretty sure it's not going to compel me to buy another Sonic game either. Also, 90's "Gangster" rap is terribly cliche at this point, and Jim Kerry was never funny. And though I am sure the masses will eat this shit up, I would much rather see people pulling together and working towards making the world a more pleasant place, rather than filling it up with yet more mindless entertainment, which is just usually some sort of Trojan Horse these days anyhow.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I 100% have to see this, sold. I've always wanted to get cancer, this looks great. I will unironically enjoy it, it has the hallmarks of a good-bad film.

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My god sonic looks ugly. Sega what have you done?? This is even worse than the super mario bros movies from the 90's

Last edited by proffk,
Reactions: Vorde

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If they were going for a horror movie vibe I think they nailed it. That was the fucking scariest thing i've ever seen in my entire life. It's scary that millions of dollars are being spent to make a piece of shit this monumentally bad.

Who the fuck looked at Robotnik and was like "Yeah that looks like a tall skinny dude to me"

So much cringe. It's like the found a method to create liquid cringe and are pumping pure cringe into every single vein of this movie.

Uwe Boll save us from this nightmare

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, in light of this, I'm going to make a remake of Forrest Gump remake no one asked for, with a CGI Forrest
vx4nhg_Q_400x400.jpg
a female Forrest, who will play the role of a hooker in the 19 something-or-other-year because fuck a script or basing anything on ...ooh! a quarter under a couch!

in a tumultuous, sexually-charged relationship with Danny DeVito.

Reactions: Tiger21820

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe