Hacking first post, trying to learn about switch

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Taping the power button makes it go into sleep mode. To completely turn it off you have to HOLD the power button for a few seconds
A standard set in place a while ago which works with most laptops, phones, tablets, etc etc

SmoothNobody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
i was reading about the xecutor dongle "auto loads the payload". does that mean the console can be completely turned off and when i turn it back on the dongle will automatically boot RCM and CFW?

if this is correct, will other dongles do the same thing with REI or RAJ?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i was reading about the xecutor dongle "auto loads the payload". does that mean the console can be completely turned off and when i turn it back on the dongle will automatically boot RCM and CFW?

if this is correct, will other dongles do the same thing with REI or RAJ?

No, you have to manually go into RCM. Once in RCM, the dongle(Be it the TX one or any of the other ones) will auto load whatever payload they have inside

SmoothNobody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
i think i understand this now. TX was the first hack and they have market share because of that. they overcharge for a dongle that is available for less from R4 and atmosphere. they also charge for a single use OS that is available for free from REI and RAJ. there is nothing superior about SX OS. a dongle is not necessary. regardless of what method i use i always have to connect the console to a device to load RCM. all i really need is freeware and a $1.50 jig unless i want to go super ghetto and use a piece of tinfoil.

is all this is correct? anything else i should know before i start buying stuff?

Last edited by SmoothNobody,

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i think i understand this now. TX was the first hack and they have market share because of that. they overcharge for a dongle that is available for less from R4 and atmosphere. they also charge for a single use OS that is available for free from REI and RAJ. there is nothing superior about SX OS. a dongle is not necessary. regardless of what method i use i always have to connect the console to a device to load RCM. all i really need is freeware and a $1.50 jig unless i want to go super ghetto and use a piece of tinfoil.

is all this is correct? anything else i should know before i start buying stuff?

Well other than the fact that TX stole most of the SXOS features from Atmosphere, no i think you got it all. Though one correction is that SXOS can run .XCI games and for SOME people that is superior, for others it's not(It wouldn't be for you unless you care about not being banned from online), other than that...And hey, don't underestimate foil, if you can't find a jig(which, honestly, shouldn't be TOO hard in America), foil is an...adequate substitute. But yes you will always need to connect your system to something to load the payload, be it to your PC via a USA a to USB C cable or a dongle

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
kinda curious, why don't you recommend it?

Because of Nintendo's new security features. See there is an app called FreeShop NX, works kind of like the FreeShop on 3ds HOWEVER, it uses your console's own certificate to access the CDN server and download any e-shop content for free. But doing this can get your cert banned in which case you loose access to online gaming, e-shop and even firmware updates. Sure there are OTHER ways of getting firmware updates but it's still a bit of a hassle

Columbianshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You gotta do more than light reading man, check the stickies in this subforum

there are free and paid methods with varying amounts of risk, universally you don't want to go online after hacking unless you want to restore a full dump of your 32GB nand back using a homebrew app, otherwise nintendo will detect and ban you from online play, online game updates, and online firmware updates.

Definitely something you want to read a lot more about before doing anything.
You gotta do more than light reading man, check the stickies in this subforum

there are free and paid methods with varying amounts of risk, universally you don't want to go online after hacking unless you want to restore a full dump of your 32GB nand back using a homebrew app, otherwise nintendo will detect and ban you from online play, online game updates, and online firmware updates.

Definitely something you want to read a lot more about before doing anything.

Hi Im new to all this and was hoping you might be able to help me out cause Im a little lost.Ive been told to beware of the NXSHOP for downloading the newest titles.The problem is I have found a Bit-torrent site that has a lot of switch titles but unfortunately not all.With Super mario party,Yoshi and super smash for the switch around the corner I am desperate to find another solution.Can I pop online to grab titles with NXSHOP and then pop off real quick safely?Do you know of a real good bit-torrent source that has updated titles?I will be getting my Executer SXpro soon and am trying to find out as much as I can before it gets here.

SmoothNobody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
i could be wrong, but from what i've been reading this is the best way to get games. i guess they come right from nintendo but instead of going to the console they go to your computer.

Last edited by SmoothNobody,

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i could be wrong, but from what i've been reading this is the best way to get games. i guess they come right from nintendo but instead of going to the console they go to your computer.

You are correct. There is also, if you look around on google, several sites that host pre downloaded games. As for CDNSP, the current public cert is dead so we need to wait for a new one

rennyboggins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too am a new super-noob to switch hacking. I have my switch but I am waiting before I do anything because I already stuffed up once before.

Imo a a mini-guide from one super-noob to another.

1. Get jig or do foil on joycon method to ne able to enter RCM mode.
2. Back up nand - https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/
3. Decide if you want to upgrade firmware offline to 5.1.0 using choidujournx method, or just update to latest one in settings
https://gbatemp.net/threads/choiduj...ller-homebrew-for-the-nintendo-switch.513416/

From there you can decide to use free cfw and use nsp files to play games or go with paid method like sxos for xci which is more common and easier to find games of from my experience. Also a lot of people said autorcm is dangerous so keep that in mind.

That's all I know for now. I hope this can help you in some way. Also if you are wondering about getting exfat SD card support, choidujournx offline firmware update comes with it. I tried to do it seperately and thats where I personally ran into trouble, it was the very first thing I tried to do with my switch.

Last edited by rennyboggins,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh