• Total voters

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
The first fight you win tends to feel more like a success than the next ones.

Do you ever really win a fight =/? You just look like a jerk or a fail depending on what happens.

Especially against women..

Back on topic.. I don't remember my first kiss, so I guess not.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Haloman800 said:
Ikki said:

Do you ever really win a fight =/? You just look like a jerk or a fail depending on what happens.

Especially against women..

Back on topic.. I don't remember my first kiss, so I guess not.

Technically speaking the first battle I 'won' I never even threw a punch. The jackass attacking me pushed me against a brick wall and tried to punch me in the face. Didn't ever consider that if I dodged to the side he'd break his knuckles on the wall. He'll think about that next time
smile.gif

You don't necessarily look like a jerk for winning a fight. It depends what you're fighting for. If you're like me and you avoid violence unless you have no other choice or your friends are in danger, then trust me, there's nothing jerky about winning those fights.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
First "good" things should always be remembered. And since this is a gamer forum (generally) you will always love your first game, even if it is really bad.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Haloman800 said:
Ikki said:

Sure, if someone is beating the shit out of you and you defend yourself, you obviously look like a jerk.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It depends.

There's things that I don't care or don't even remember.
I usually don't keep in mind the first times unless it's very important for me (I guess first kiss would be).

For me the first time is more stressful than memorable.
As I'm shy, I tend to fear any new situations (meeting someone for the first time, talking to a new person, going into a shop for the first time, etc.)
Once it's done, I'm more "used to it". It's a past situation, but it still needs time to adapt to that.

First car I was stressed to be alone, but now it's ok.
I'm still stressed when I go to a new road I don't know, but I don't keep track to all those things.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think first is overrated, yes.

Other situations or persons, like in friendship, relationships, sex... are different. The thing is, sometimes you remember your "first time" as the best ever, although it wasn't better than the next - but it was the first, so it is a very special experience - everything was so new then.

So maybe the first wasn't special or extra great when you look at it realistically, but it remains ingrained in you because it kicked a door open, it changed something in you.
happy.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really depends on what the "first" is, but I feel that first times are overrated. I don't rem my first kiss, for example, but I do rem my first sexual encounter. I don't rem what my first real job was.... I don't count a paper route as a kid a "real" job. I don't rem what my first video game was, though I suspect it was likely the old Pong system. I don't rem what my first pet was. I don't rem smoking my first cigarette, though I wish that day never happened now. I don't rem my first alcoholic beverage either.

"First times" are something I just don't think about when the "first time" is happening, I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.