Flash cart for the Switch incoming?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
How does it even do the RCM stuff from the game card slot? Only info that is currently known is the 'RCM jig exploit'.
Game card slot is just a holder for it, nothing else. it's really neat as you don't need to carry a jig and a RCM loader separately, you can just store it in the game cart slot and have it with you all the time.

Reactions: impeeza and BigOnYa

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Game card slot is just a holder for it, nothing else. it's really neat as you don't need to carry a jig and a RCM loader separately, you can just store it in the game cart slot and have it with you all the time.
A holder?! Is that what this even is? If its a holder or dummy for the game slot, then it wouldn't be even doing anything.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
A holder?! Is that what this even is? If its a holder or dummy for the game slot, then it wouldn't be even doing anything.
Dragoninjector (i.e. jig + RCM loader) fits into the game card slot, so the game card slot is its holder. :D It's one of the tiniest (if not the tiniest) RCM loader + jig combo. Here's a full review on GBATemp.

SylverReZ

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dragoninjector (i.e. jig + RCM loader) fits into the game card slot, so the game card slot is its holder. :D It's one of the tiniest (if not the tiniest) RCM loader + jig combo. Here's a full review on GBATemp.
AH, now I understand. So there is, what seems to be a USB with a Teensy-type microcontroller on-board for the RCM stuffs, and there's a jig provided to do the exploit.

Been a long while since I ever looked into this, I was more focused onto the lawsuit where they got sued for selling piracy devices much like the RCM Loader.

Reactions: Blythe93

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am surpried there has not been any clones since. Was a good idea. Makes me want to see if can find trinket small enough and just 3D print myself a cart. Then again I hardly use the Jig anyways.

SylverReZ

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am surpried there has not been any clones since. Was a good idea. Makes me want to see if can find trinket small enough and just 3D print myself a cart. Then again I hardly use the Jig anyways.
(for now)
Looks very simple to replicate as to how they did it. Just need to measure the dimensions of the cartridge PCB, and then squeeze a Teensy onto the board to make room for the USB and contacts.

Reactions: BigOnYa

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Apparently, a lot of people might have requested this for Xmas, as it "seems" to be coming soon:

never on our times, because the cartdrige reader have his own firmware and is a COMPLETELY separated device from the SOC, big N learned well from previous consoles. now the cartdrige have a HAL and is isolated, the reading occurs only on user privileges and should be no way to escalate privileges.
Post automatically merged:

Its incredible how each Christmas a new profile get this exactly new.

Last edited by impeeza,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
wow imagine if we could boot games from ssd/hdd when docked instead of pushing up and down a new revolutionary pirate gamecard xD... But seriously what is the use case of it, can it run rips of games safely on og/non hacked system or what?

Never will happen again, because Atmo's team do not like the piracy and the one which develop the code to do that is on jail and NOBODY wants take over that code again.

Didn't those Dragon Injector thing work kinda like this?

Nah the dragoninjector is a RCM injector. It just sits inside the game cart slot, but doesn't do anything.

Dragon Injector was the best RCM Payload Injector EVER they used the Cartridge reader as storage for the device so you don't needed another box on your pocket, but big N have all measurements of their console and devices copyrighted and was able to C&D the dragon manufacturing.

By example, in practice there is no difference between RCM Loader and Dragon Injector beside you can store the Dragon Injector on your Cartridge Reader.

SylverReZ

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dragon Injector was the best RCM Payload Injector EVER they used the Cartridge reader as storage for the device so you don't needed another box on your pocket, but big N have all measurements of their console and devices copyrighted and was able to C&D the dragon manufacturing.

By example, in practice there is no difference between RCM Loader and Dragon Injector beside you can store the Dragon Injector on your Cartridge Reader.
Yeah, it seems like the Dragon Injector was kind of a forgotten gem that should've been wide spread to begin with, but sadly didn't last long on the market. If some Chinese manufacturer creates a clone of this, then I suppose it would replace the tedious RCM Loader clones.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yeah, it seems like the Dragon Injector was kind of a forgotten gem that should've been wide spread to begin with, but sadly didn't last long on the market. If some Chinese manufacturer creates a clone of this, then I suppose it would replace the tedious RCM Loader clones.
Sadly the source code, 3d blueprints of the case and schema and board files of the project was confiscated by big N and the public available copies (was open source) was removed from the net, if you find some copies around you can try to build for you self but I don't think any Chinese company will see any niche on that device because is only for V1 consoles.

SylverReZ

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sadly the source code, 3d blueprints of the case and schema and board files of the project was confiscated by big N and the public available copies (was open source) was removed from the net, if you find some copies around you can try to build for you self but I don't think any Chinese company will see any niche on that device because is only for V1 consoles.
Confiscated? Nah, I don't think it would be that; rather, they've tried to wipe any existence of it off the web. Suppose the Wayback Machine still has forks available.

If this is legit that means the Lotus is cracked.d il believe it whe I see it
No evidence proves this to be the case. Only thing we got is a video. They don't show hardware specs, internals, nor nothing. Just the device being demonstrated on a Switch (possibly modded), so don't get your hopes up high.

Last edited by SylverReZ,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Each physical cartridge has a unique ID, even the same game will have a different ID, and Nintendo has banned specific IDs from ever going online due to ROMs being leaked.
Yep but ID's can be randomised in software and as the card is reading from micro sd I assumed the gamecard is using a chip which is running sofware and could be programmed to do this automatically.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep but ID's can be randomised in software and as the card is reading from micro sd I assumed the gamecard is using a chip which is running sofware and could be programmed to do this automatically.
Except that in order for the game to get online the ID has to be a legit ID, you can't just use random values. For offline use the IDs don't matter, only for online play.

EDIT: I should elaborate that when I say ID I am referring to the cartridge specific Nintendo signed certificate.

Reactions: tabzer

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
never on our times, because the cartdrige reader have his own firmware and is a COMPLETELY separated device from the SOC, big N learned well from previous consoles. now the cartdrige have a HAL and is isolated, the reading occurs only on user privileges and should be no way to escalate privileges.
Post automatically merged:

Its incredible how each Christmas a new profile get this exactly new.
by the way "HAL" is Hardware Abstraction Layer is a separation between hardware and software, no the IA from Space Odity 2000

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/yvivDdRirLA?si=R7xWO-6_-Qa0DDml