Flash cart for the Switch incoming?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want this to be real and if it is, they have to change the way the game selection changes. Something like this would probably be nice for my v2 switch. If this ever exists someone will probably find away to make this work without the game cart.
yeah like instead of having the button just add bluetooth and make an app so you can select the game from an app on your phone.
pretty simple to implement really just have an app that has a list of the title ID's and a screen with thumbnails
the when you tap the thumbnail of the game you want it transmits the title ID to the flash carts built in bluetooth and selects that .XCI from you SD card.

Last edited by weatMod,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Seems pretty interesting what hexkyz might be implying here.
Unless I'm misunderstanding something. I don't know what evidence he has but he's a very trusted member of the Switch community.

Reactions: ber71

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@zoogie I want this to still somehow be a thing that gets released, I do agree they should have waited till switch 2 because if this is real, it will probably be patched before release on next firmware, I’m sure nintendo will be looking into this as soon as possible.
Post automatically merged:

oh then it might have some truth to it... also why do Gary wanna risk more time?
Maybe his name is being used to get sales.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Unless I'm misunderstanding something. I don't know what evidence he has but he's a very trusted member of the Switch community.

Changos, could it be we will see a Switch Flash card? or may be will be a December 28th thing (for us may the first is December 28th)

moneychild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool and will support.
How would DLC and updates work.....may still have to install NSPs.
But I would still love the simplicity of just cycling through games.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You always need to start with an entry point...
There are enough potential entry points, there is even a zero day SciresM sits on that he would drop if something is found to make proper use of it, if I remeber it correctly.
Also there is still webkit on the switch, so finding the entry pint is not a problem, we really need the privilege escalation for the entry point search to be worth it through.

tomberyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One thing is for sure, Nintendo will buy that thing to make sure it works, then nintendo will buy aspirin pills for all DEV employees and force them to work overtime to bring this card to its knees.

It fucking sucks for Nintendo if the Switch gets raped from the side but now from the top of the slot it will be the death of this console.
It doesn't bother me, it's just plastic i guess

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One thing is for sure, Nintendo will buy that thing to make sure it works, then nintendo will buy aspirin pills for all DEV employees and force them to work overtime to bring this card to its knees.

It fucking sucks for Nintendo if the Switch gets raped from the side but now from the top of the slot it will be the death of this console.
It doesn't bother me, it's just plastic i guess
If I remember it correctly, nintendo also supports a different type of gamecard, that's not used yet, in case the current system get circumvented, so they will probably just move over to that one.

rull_bull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

it’s all explained in plain text by hexkyz
If you have the slightest knowledge how internet works, you could figure out the meaning of this tweet.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
First of all - while it would be amazing to finally have a Switch flashcart available, it would surprise me if Nintendo hasn't learned from the 3DS and secured the reader properly. The card reader now even has its own firmware and burnable fuses like the console itself.

Second - it would probably only load userland exploits at the very best. Each game on the Switch is sandboxed, and if there was a way to escape it, there would now be a Ninjhax equivalent.

Third - [DELETED, I'm an idiot]

Last edited by Ondrashek06,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
First of all - while it would be amazing to finally have a Switch flashcart available, it would surprise me if Nintendo hasn't learned from the 3DS and secured the reader properly. The card reader now even has its own firmware and burnable fuses like the console itself.

Second - it would probably only load userland exploits at the very best. Each game on the Switch is sandboxed, and if there was a way to escape it, there would now be a Ninjhax equivalent.

Third - there would be next to no chance of online play on those things if they're real. The authentication process is very complex and most likely AAUTH wouldn't exclude a simple eShop database check to see if the authenticated account actually has the game license.

1) We don't know that yet. Since it seem to be the former TX crew.
2) Well yes? Most likely.
3) You mix up eshop games and physical carts. A physical cart doesn't get limited to an account. So the possibility it works online is actually quite high but the ban risk is even higher. More than X amount of certs online at the same time? Ban!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4