Flash cart for the Switch incoming?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Confiscated? Nah, I don't think it would be that; rather, they've tried to wipe any existence of it off the web. Suppose the Wayback Machine still has forks available.

No evidence proves this to be the case. Only thing we got is a video. They don't show hardware specs, internals, nor nothing. Just the device being demonstrated on a Switch (possibly modded), so don't get your hopes up high.
As I said, I'll believe it when I see it.

Sadly the source code, 3d blueprints of the case and schema and board files of the project was confiscated by big N and the public available copies (was open source) was removed from the net, if you find some copies around you can try to build for you self but I don't think any Chinese company will see any niche on that device because is only for V1 consoles.

Nah all the files that were public are still on the internet if you know where to look, however, nothing is active and is all archived

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Cool as hell but if you don't want to get banned, the only use I could see for it is to not have the games installed on the NAND because storage is an issue (and even then you could just delete games or buy a bigger sd card) because it doesn't remove the need for a CFW

Reactions: SylverReZ

teamlocust

Trophies
XP
Country
India
RIP to all those thinking this will work on unmodded switches, if u think otherwise you really underestimate the switch security when it is in its unmodded state..

so this cart if it is a flashcart will not work on unmodded switches, thats for sure.

Reactions: impeeza

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RIP to all those thinking this will work on unmodded switches, if u think otherwise you really underestimate the switch security when it is in its unmodded state..

so this cart if it is a flashcart will not work on unmodded switches, thats for sure.
Thinking it is fake is normal, thinking that someone will buy this if it does not work on every Switch is very ... creative.

Reactions: tabzer

KiwiFruit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can attack lotus with glitching

this looks much like a glitch attack, takes a few tries (and time, glitch itteration) to succeed + gloves for safety

will work on all switches and not permanently patchable maybe, but very bad for your lotus and physically damaging

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you can glitch lotus

this looks much like a glitch-out attack, takes a few tries (and time, glitch itteration) to succeed + gloves for safety

will work on all switches and not permanently patchable maybe, but very bad for your lotus and physically damaging

If lotus could be glitched easy, why wouldn't it have been done sooner? also, I'm sure Nintendo has backup plans, they aren't that stupid

If what I heard from a person, it might have some truth behind it. But if it's a full exclusive flashcart ala r4 or a sd card adapter. That we don't know yet.

I'll believe it when I have the product in my hand

KiwiFruit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If lotus could be glitched easy, why wouldn't it have been done sooner? also, I'm sure Nintendo has backup plans, they aren't that stupid

I'll believe it when I have the product in my hand

because you don't wanna rely on a glitching a lotus to make it do something every time you use it? if you wanna sell shitty product that will damage consumer product and don't care? is good item to sell at end of life when less and less people care, easy cashin with limited angry customer

lotus has been accessed by glitch for long time from early research, why we know so much about it, its firmware, and security

we know nintendo can patch and burn fuse on lotus, so unless total pwn of lotus no one else ever heard or said anything about and for some reason not important to keep secret before next switch... ya smell like unstable attack vect to me!

otherwise very dumb to burn major exploit... does not make sense for profit

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
because you don't wanna rely on a glitching a lotus to make it do something every time you use it? if you wanna sell shitty product that will damage consumer product and don't care? is good item to sell at end of life when less and less people care, easy cashin with limited angry customer

lotus has been accessed by glitch for long time from early research, why we know so much about it, its firmware, and security

we know nintendo can patch and burn fuse on lotus, so unless total pwn of lotus no one else ever heard or said anything about and for some reason not important to keep secret before next switch... ya smell like unstable attack vect to me!
fair enough

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Nintendo could block the flashcart via firmware update?
I hope not it really depends on if it can be patched with an update or not if its patchable people will be stuck on an old firmware version just to use there flashcard. The gamecard slot can be updated too.

Darkspade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So each time he presses in and out the game changes? God help you if you have 30 games and want to play Zelda... this looks like it can be easilyblocked by Nintendo.

• Haha

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
So each time he presses in and out the game changes? God help you if you have 30 games and want to play Zelda... this looks like it can be easilyblocked by Nintendo.
Maybe that's just to install the game on the switch and once installed the games can be easily selected? I guess a push button/touch sensor could be added to the top of the cart to cycle between games as well. Most new chips such as esp32-s3 etc have capacitance touch sensing pins that can be used. Depending on the chip used inside the cart could maybe make that a possibilty to switch between games. As for now, everything is just speculation and no doubt more will be found out in the coming weeks/months. It wasn't long ago people were claiming that the picofly was a fake and look how that turned out.

Finray

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would defiantly be cool... BUT the big N or 'Dr. NO' (as i like to call them) will send a hit squad to anyone selling them, or maybe even buying them haha. IF this is real...I dont see anyone getting their hands it until way after the Switch's lifespan.

Last edited by Finray,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Maybe that's just to install the game on the switch and once installed the games can be easily selected? I guess a push button/touch sensor could be added to the top of the cart to cycle between games as well. Most new chips such as esp32-s3 etc have capacitance touch sensing pins that can be used. Depending on the chip used inside the cart could maybe make that a possibilty to switch between games. As for now, everything is just speculation and no doubt more will be found out in the coming weeks/months. It wasn't long ago people were claiming that the picofly was a fake and look how that turned out.
1703402477498.png

If it released, I feel the affects would be negative

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Seems pretty interesting what hexkyz might be implying here.
Unless I'm misunderstanding something. I don't know what evidence he has but he's a very trusted member of the Switch community.

Security Trails shows a lot of interesting info for aftertimex.com: https://securitytrails.com/domain/aftertimex.com/dns - I have no idea how reliable their records are, because all other services only show Cloudflare - but why should Security Trails show a domain and an IP tied to that specific individual when they're just making stuff up?

Dude should improve his OPSEC. Seriously.

Last edited by enarky,
Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol