Flash cart for the Switch incoming?

Herculeex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm calling bs, wouldnt nintendo ban you for using pirated copies? and if there was a flashcart exploit that could payload and install CFW wouldn't that have been made a long time ago

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

Herculeex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But nobody expects that. This will be purely piracy thing, not intended to boot CFW. But with CFW it should have more functionalities like running modded XCIs.
Oh shit, Never thought of that. Well, I'd catch a ban for free games if I was still OFW. I got lucky and found someone to mod my OLED for me, but I never would've done it myself. 🔥

• Haha
Reactions: tabzer and impeeza

gomgo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gomgoblog.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Spain
Well, so we now have a Flashcard which allows us to play any Switch game but can this also allow Nintendo to detect and ban any Switch using it?

First of all, flashcards will probably be patched on a Software Update. If you don't connect the console to the Internet you can't get banned or get the update, but you can't play online. I guess Nintendo has some DRM to check Cartridges Integrity, but if we know how to bypass that or even better, how to make switch think that the flashcard is a original game, how can Nintendo detect if games are real or fake without changing the current cartridge security on every future game and without force users to update their games, only via an Console Update?

Can a "Switch R4" be anti-ban if it can make the Switch think it is a signed game?

All this in the hypothetical situation of the flashcard working on a unmodded console

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well, so we now have a Flashcard which allows us to play any Switch game but can this also allow Nintendo to detect and ban any Switch using it?

First of all, flashcards will probably be patched on a Software Update. If you don't connect the console to the Internet you can't get banned or get the update, but you can't play online. I guess Nintendo has some DRM to check Cartridges Integrity, but if we know how to bypass that or even better, how to make switch think that the flashcard is a original game, how can Nintendo detect if games are real or fake without changing the current cartridge security on every future game and without force users to update their games, only via an Console Update?

Can a "Switch R4" be anti-ban if it can make the Switch think it is a signed game?

All this in the hypothetical situation of the flashcard working on a unmodded console
we don't know, no body will to know beside the one "creating" that supposedly flashcart, you can dream and hope any you want.

Reactions: BigOnYa

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
this is clearly can only be used for just piracy.

but still, how does switch authenticate a game cart anyway? is there any hardware related handshakes need to be done first (eg PS3 with its BD-keys on the optical drive it self and the masterdisc sector that only the blu-ray drive controller can only access) or is it all just software (like checking if the certificate of that game dump inside xci file is valid or not). to be honest looking at the documentation on switchbrew.org regarrding game card, its basically just a emmc packed in a rectangular black shape casing, if that was the case, emulating a emmc chip, well there are fpga out there that can already do that.

and if this become mainstream, well each every system update may have this specialized blacklist database of game certificates and that should be more than enough to make those game dumps basically worthless on newer firmware. unless, that device can also deal with that certificate thing as well.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
this is clearly can only be used for just piracy.

but still, how does switch authenticate a game cart anyway? is there any hardware related handshakes need to be done first (eg PS3 with its BD-keys on the optical drive it self and the masterdisc sector that only the blu-ray drive controller can only access) or is it all just software (like checking if the certificate of that game dump inside xci file is valid or not). to be honest looking at the documentation on switchbrew.org regarrding game card, its basically just a emmc packed in a rectangular black shape casing, if that was the case, emulating a emmc chip, well there are fpga out there that can already do that.

and if this become mainstream, well each every system update may have this specialized blacklist database of game certificates and that should be more than enough to make those game dumps basically worthless on newer firmware. unless, that device can also deal with that certificate thing as well.
All that is handled by lotus3 chip

SG911

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting concept for sure! It's exciting to see, since I had the sky3ds back in the day. I'm also gonna wait though if this does drop. Until someone trustworthy, gets their hand on it to try it out and confirms at least.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
If this means I can just keep my hackable+banned Switch updated on OFW and pop this in to play offline games, I'm still interested in getting one. (I know I'll still have to boot into atmosphere and update using daybreak or whatever the latest method is.)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
What I like most about this is that it essentially doubles your storage.

You'll have an internal and now external SD card for games now.
I have a 256gb card right now but I would slap a 512gb into this bad boy and now id be playing with power!!
The internal storage renders minimum because now is only used for Homebrew and ROMS, all your games are not completely installed on internal storage nor EmuNAND so the console's SD needs no space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ik its an old news but cmon... +1