Force normal mode instead of extended-memory mode?

AleronIves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, I saw that it was on GitHub and assumed you could just download the files, but I guess that's not the case, as he has some sort of draconian obfuscation system going on where you have to download the files directly on your 3DS. I guess I was wrong that you're free to use an old version; if you didn't download it when you had the chance and save the files, then you're SOL.

Enjoy slow EMM boot times or vanilla MK7 fast boot times, then? (You still don't get to demand that he give you access to old versions. He's free to manage his project however he wants, and you're free to not use it if you don't like it.)

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So the story about me taking the decision to use extended memory mode went as follows:

"Hey, wouldn't it be so funny that the guy who is complaining about every single technical decision about the mod on GBATemp had to wait 30 more seconds on every boot?" (turns into a troll face and starts coding) "Ah yes, this is going to be so great!" (Evil laugh)

And that's why the mod is extended memory now :)

But hey, we can always work things out. I can use some of my precious time and send you a build that bypasses the switching to extended memory mode. However, my time is not free, so for me to comply your demands, you will have to send $5 to my Paypal. I don't recommend it tho, as this build will just crash because lack of RAM (which again, is totally just required to fulfill my evil plan of annoying you)

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
So the story about me taking the decision to use extended memory mode went as follows:

"Hey, wouldn't it be so funny that the guy who is complaining about every single technical decision about the mod on GBATemp had to wait 30 more seconds on every boot?" (turns into a troll face and starts coding) "Ah yes, this is going to be so great!" (Evil laugh)

But hey, we can always work things out. I can use some of my precious time and send you a build that bypasses the switching to extended memory mode. However, my time is not free, so for me to comply your demands, you will have to send $5 to my Paypal. I don't recommend it tho, as this build will just crash because lack of RAM (which again, is totally just required to fulfill my evil plan of annoying you)
Sorry for being so annoying regarding this, but can I please know the true reason as to why was it actually done?

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

PayPal link?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ3tSfM8OXM