Hacking Found something interesting on 3ds.guide

YTElias

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ctr is the code for the 3ds console, what he's saying is that ntrboot works with ds carts, not 3ds carts
but powersaves does not work with ds carts:unsure:
or you pay 55 dollar for a compatible device:unsure:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

too add something
even the 3ds.guide say that you need a 3ds powersaves
so something is wrong here

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
that makes very little sense to me (second part)
but yeah how else do you think ninty would be able to reflash the nand on a bricked system?
I bet the switch has something like it too
I bet switch uses different method, because it has removeable nand chip -> ninty diy programmer :D

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

too add something
even the 3ds.guide say that you need a 3ds powersaves
so something is wrong here
I dont see why we couldnt reverse the powersaves 3ds to flash ntrboot

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently i read the 3ds.guide for some changes(they made some things look cleaner)
Then i found under the ntrboot site a powersaves method
I got a powersave myself and just wondering is that a mistake from 3ds.guide or is it real?
edit:its a placeholder when you go to the site

yea its real. hedgeberg was working on modifying one a while ago, iirc.

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
oh yes
make a 3ds cartridge dsi or what?:rofl:
Nothing of the sort. What everyone here means is that the Powersaves dongle could be made to work with DS cartriges by using different software. The 3DS limitation is beause Datel's software only allows the dongle to work with 3DS games. Physically, a DS and a 3DS card reader are the same.

Reactions: Deleted User

Omegapsy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is already a method of getting the powersaves to (theoretically) do just this thing on github. You can even try it if you are smart/brave enough.

YTElias

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Omegapsy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what really?
where?

Google is your friend. Think a clever name to call a powersaves that now does whatever you tell it.

Being cryptic cause I found this by digging through github, and since nothing has been publicly posted about it I won't either.

YTElias

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Google is your friend. Think a clever name to call a powersaves that now does whatever you tell it.

Being cryptic cause I found this by digging through github, and since nothing has been publicly posted about it I won't either.
Found something with a .py

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is already a method of getting the powersaves to (theoretically) do just this thing on github. You can even try it if you are smart/brave enough.
Are you talking about Powersave_NTRBoot? Just so you know all open source Github projects are PUBLIC and as such, can be disseminated without the permission of the developer. The source code is another matter, and depends on which license was used. Though most Github projects use a GNU license (which you can always check) so they literally can't get mad or stop people from linking their programs or forking them with the open source code.

I understand being considerate to developers in the sense of asking permission before sharing their private work, but public freeware doesn't hold the same merit. The best example I can think of is the guy who made the borderless gaming program for Steam under GPLv2, then when it became popular he tried to backpeddle and change the license to MPLv2; and only providing builds through steam. When the original program (before the MPLv2 license change attempt) was forked and providing compiled builds the guy tried to issue a DMCA but couldn't because that part of the code was under GPL at the time. Basically dude made freeware, it got popular, others added code, he got greedy tried to sell it through Steam only without providing compiled builds on Git and still using some code submitted by others under GPL. Long story short.... He was forced to revert the license back to GPLv2.

Last edited by Majickhat55,
Reactions: Hunter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo