Gaming Free Games thread

• Thread starter ThoD
  • Start date
  • Views 316,234
  • Replies 2,494
  • Likes 17

Want me to post about just free games or about giveaway contests too?

• Total voters

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
-snip-

PS: This isn't EoF, so let's try to keep this thread relevant, ok? Post if you know about a freebie, if you need help getting any of the free games posted, to say something about/comment on the games that are currently free, etc....

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I just got time to come on, but there was already a thread made for it for some reason (@Scarlet, you could have posted it here), but Grim Fantango Remastered is free on GOG:
https://www.gog.com/?pp=2c61422714bcb5935215adf442a8f5b1d80ffc54 (just click on the "get it" button in the banner at the top and it will be added to your account)

It's an AMAZING game and one of my favorite games of all time, I still play the original (have the deluxe edition of the old one), you should really get it everyone!

EDIT: Just for future cases, absolutely anyone is free to post on here about any free games that haven't already been mentioned! I'm human after all (or that's what I like you to believe;)), so I can't always post everything right away the very moment it goes free!:P Simply post about whatever game hasn't been mentioned as soon as you know it's free and make sure to include the link BUT you must have it clearly shown (post the link directly, don't do anything like "click here"). This is to avoid any weird or unsafe links, since depending on the browser you are using, you may not be able to see it just by hovering the cursor/mouse over it.

Last edited by ThoD,

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Got a key for the Laser League Beta that will go live multiplayer this weekend from a first come-first served giveaway, just redeem on steam. Heads up, only got one key right now, so someone just get it, I already have the Beta from the last giveaway they did half a month ago. Here's the key: P73EZ-LCQ7A-MJHM5 Can't link to giveway site since I can't find the gleam.io page for it and the site it's been embedded in has pirated stuff so I can't link to it on here unfortunately. If I get the gleam link for the giveaway I'll post it here.

thom_tl

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got a key for the Laser League Beta that will go live multiplayer this weekend from a first come-first served giveaway, just redeem on steam. Heads up, only got one key right now, so someone just get it, I already have the Beta from the last giveaway they did half a month ago. Here's the key: P73EZ-LCQ7A-MJHM5 Can't link to giveway site since I can't find the gleam.io page for it and the site it's been embedded in has pirated stuff so I can't link to it on here unfortunately. If I get the gleam link for the giveaway I'll post it here.
Just to say the code is claimed by someone, I tried and it was already activated.

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just to say the code is claimed by someone, I tried and it was already activated.
Figured, that comment was posted a fair few hours ago, more than 150 people have seen this page since then, doubt no one would have gotten it:P

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
For anyone who missed Homefront when it was free on Humble Bundle, now it's free for 24 hours on Steam, so make sure to get it! http://store.steampowered.com/app/55100/Homefront/ Just get it from the store page!

Also, reminder, Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag is still free on Uplay and has 3 more days until that promo is over, so make sure to get it before then!

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by wormdood,

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is it just me or are both indiegala links the same.
It's the exact same page, they just change the content:P
they are ... indiegala removes the old giveaway from the page whenever they start a new one

also i dont know if its common knowledge (or just frowned upon) but this is the site(s) i often look to when looking for freebies
Free Steam Keys Available (Active) & FREE GAME KEYS, CD KEYS & BETA KEYS FOR PC! (2017)
About those, those sites aren't reliable at all and could potentially be shady too, so while you can get free keys, I suggest people don't support such sites. Unless a giveaway is done officially by the devs or someone promoting them, it's best to ignore them. Quite often, such giveaways between users can be shady for some certain bad reasons (eg: money laundering through keys on g2a.com and things like that).

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I know I haven't been posting any big freebies lately, but I got a really good one! Ubisoft is having a promo with 3 full games and two trials in case you missed them in the past half year, Tom Clancy's The Division (trial), Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands (trial), Watch Dogs (full), Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (full) and World in Conflict Complete Edition (full)! Hurry up and get them, I don't know for how much longer they will be available! https://freetrial.ubisoft.com/

Trash_McPhail

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know I haven't been posting any big freebies lately, but I got a really good one! Ubisoft is having a promo with 3 full games and two trials in case you missed them in the past half year, Tom Clancy's The Division (trial), Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands (trial), Watch Dogs (full), Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (full) and World in Conflict Complete Edition (full)! Hurry up and get them, I don't know for how much longer they will be available! https://freetrial.ubisoft.com/

Amazing, thanks for the post.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Kingdom: Classic is free for 24 hours on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/368230/Kingdom_Classic/

Hope someone benefits.

Reactions: ThoD

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About those, those sites aren't reliable at all and could potentially be shady too, so while you can get free keys, I suggest people don't support such sites. Unless a giveaway is done officially by the devs or someone promoting them, it's best to ignore them. Quite often, such giveaways between users can be shady for some certain bad reasons (eg: money laundering through keys on g2a.com and things like that).
so a frowny face . . . (although in all honestly) . . . if you followed the links they usually (save for the marvelous links) lead right to actual dev sites (or steam) where you get the key . . . its just information brought to you by an (not keys given from a) end level user, sorta like what you do here but you seem to make it sound like dark web stuff when they do it . . . but if you dont think it belongs here then so be it . . . but know i found not only all the links you have shared but nearly every link in this thread as well and they landed on the same page(s) not some trashy dark site

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Amazing, thanks for the post.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Kingdom: Classic is free for 24 hours on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/368230/Kingdom_Classic/

Hope someone benefits.
Thanks for posting that! Everyone, get it since it won't be available for long!

Also, on GOG, Oxenfree is free (ba dum tss:P)! It will be available for about 40 more hours, so get it while you can, very fun game!
https://www.gog.com/?pp=2c61422714bcb5935215adf442a8f5b1d80ffc54

PS:
so a frowny face . . . (although in all honestly) . . . if you followed the links they usually (save for the marvelous links) lead right to actual dev sites (or steam) where you get the key . . . its just information brought to you by an (not keys given from a) end level user, sorta like what you do here but you seem to make it sound like dark web stuff when they do it . . . but if you dont think it belongs here then so be it . . . but know i found not only all the links you have shared but nearly every link in this thread as well and they landed on the same page(s) not some trashy dark site
I followed the links you posted and I saw more of person to person key exchanges on those two pages, thus why I said what I said. I think it's best to stay on 100% trusted pages, but if there's a freebie on there that's on there and not on something like humble bundle, then feel free to post about it.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the links you posted and I saw more of person to person key exchanges on those two pages, thus why I said what I said. I think it's best to stay on 100% trusted pages, but if there's a freebie on there that's on there and not on something like humble bundle, then feel free to post about it.
ok & just for clarification (and so that when i do actually contribute i dont cause headaches) if a giveaway extends to console versions would including those links be allowed . . . ex you listed the hitman Holiday pack (steam) but its also being given away for ps4 and xboxone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1