Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Both very cool titles, especially for free. The Lost Coast 'tech demo' has some very insightful developer commentary on how they implemented HDR, Dynamic Tone Mapping and Bloom into the Source engine.

Deathmatch is what you would expect-it'll scratch the multiplayer FPS itch, but its no CS:S.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HL2 Deathmatch is more of the quick-pick-up-and-play type of multiplayer, wayyy more chaotic and faster paced then CS:S. It requires more wilder playing techniques than strategy. (Still a great game, though, and the gravity gun is always a blast to use!)

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
umm there isnt a whole lot of information , they ask to create a Steam account but i'd like to know if my old radeon 8500 is Ok for this deal before installing the steam software.

Xeijin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
It should be fine, you don't get charged for using steam and you can always uninstall it.

However, I have no idea how playable HL2 is (if at all) on the 8500 as its a pretty ancient card nowadays.

sipoon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
i played hl2 on a geforce 6600gt, it'll probably work with a 8500,
I think these add ons are free anyways to people who already have hl2

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Heh, I played through Half-Life 2 with my old GeForce 1. Now I have a bit better computer, but it's still amazing what Source can do even on ancient cards ...

crafton48

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Damn I wish they were giving away CS:Source...I gave both my copies away when I gave up gaming but I am dying to play again...

I used to sell copies of HL2 & Counter strike which I got from china for £7, there was no postage as all you needed was the CD-key and the game could be downloaded from steam, of course the games where in full english. Was making a little bit of pocket money till ebay shut me down
frown.gif
(dunno why as they were legit CD-keys, and I offered to send the CD if they wanted it, of course from china that would have been about £10 P&P), anyway if you want a cheap Legit HL2 key my friend still can get you one for £7 I think he does some other offers too however he is not allowed to sell them directly through ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Information-on-cheap...1QQcmdZViewItem
-the ebay site selling the information about where to get the game (price gets taken off the cost of the game when you purchase it)

http://www.zuoshulu.net/hlcs/
-this is the direct link to the information.

GeekShadow

Trophies
Website
blog.geekshadow.com
XP
Country
France
This offer is very cool.

I already have one account and I usually play HL² DM with my brother with the same account.
But because of one account, we can only play LAN games and not both on a web server.

So now, I got 3 accounts
smile.gif
(my brother and me have both Radeon)

PS : Now waiting for TF2, Portal and HL² Ep 2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Scratch n sniff +1