Hacking Freezing / back to menu issue without error in some FPKG games

xatapkova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Azerbaijan
I am using a jailbroken phat PS4 on 5.05 firmware and got a freezing issue with two FPKG games. I tried over a dozen other FPKG games which work fine.

I have the freezing issue with the following games:
  • CUSA05794 and CUSA05794 (Rise of the Tomb Raider, EUR and US), tried versions 1.0 and 1.06. The game freezes after the first intro in new game. Happens also when I skip the intro.
  • CUSA05794 (Red Dead Redemption 2, EUR), backported version 1.24. Freeze happens after the text part of the new game intro finishes or I skip it. Scene with snowy forest plays for a 5 secs approximately. Game freezes then before the horses are displayed. If I skip the scene before the freeze, it will freeze on fading on into the next scene ('Come on!' can be seen with enabled subtitles).
The freezes last around 20 seconds. Pressing the home button does not have any effect during that time. Then the PS4 returns to menu without an error message. I tried it several times and the freezes happen consistently on the same spot.

What I have tried so far without being able to change anything about the problem:
  • Restarting the PS4
  • Reinstalling the FPKGs
  • Using different versions of HEN as payload (PS4HEN 2.1.2 and GoldHEN 1.1).
  • Rebuilding the database
  • Initializing the PS4 and using a minimal setup (without restoring a backup)
Because there is no error message, I do not really know what to search for. Maybe someone here knows a fix or can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Also this song https://youtu.be/27RWx9Q6LcQ?si=c7C8YuRoIPHadiQ0