Android Full Speed NDS Emulator Coming to Android!!!

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested, thanks :r (I'll try to look into it at some point soonish)

To be exact, the rom loads but does not get past the "creating save game" screen. also, I had an issue with Phantasy star Zero in which the character conversations come out garbled. Someone suggested turning off muti threaded rendering but even with turning it off from the on position the issue is still there. Finally and this might just be an issue with my device but Viewtiful Joe runs around 60% ish during levels. I noticed that the Intro to Phantom Hourglass got a nice speed bump with the new update and the audio all around is doing a bit better so one can only hope for a playable Viewtiful Joe some day lol

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you also have to patch the roms as well? As I was playing Bowsers Inside Story and iirc, I got to the anti-piracy part where in the first Mobius battle, the screen gets a dark filter and you can't fight. Just wondering before I load more into them without patching them.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you also have to patch the roms as well? As I was playing Bowsers Inside Story and iirc, I got to the anti-piracy part where in the first Mobius battle, the screen gets a dark filter and you can't fight. Just wondering before I load more into them without patching them.

I think that's the case. Professor Layton and the Last Spector triggered an anti-piracy thing which caused the first puzzle to loop for me. Patching roms is not really much of a bother but it feels like something I took for granted when I play clean unpatched roms on my R4i Gold without worrying if I hit an anti-piracy wall.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's the case. Professor Layton and the Last Spector triggered an anti-piracy thing which caused the first puzzle to loop for me. Patching roms is not really much of a bother but it feels like something I took for granted when I play clean unpatched roms on my R4i Gold without worrying if I hit an anti-piracy wall.
Patching it didn't seem to work, so I guess it's a combability issue, did cause a bit of graphical errors though.

EDIT: Unless I'm using the wrong patch, I tried DS-Scenes Rom Tool but it didn't list any patches, and then I tried the xdelta one.

Daidude

Puzzled
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now, I'm not asking for and ETA or anything but I'm just curious as to whether Android phones could ever run 3DS emulators at such a speed as Drastic has been running DS games. Is this a fathomable situation or is the best Android hardware just not capable enough for the power needed to run 3DS games?

Note: This is not a question regarding when the 3DS will be hacked or if the hack is able to be ported to the 3DS, just a question regarding the power needed to do so.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Now, I'm not asking for and ETA or anything but I'm just curious as to whether Android phones could ever run 3DS emulators at such a speed as Drastic has been running DS games. Is this a fathomable situation or is the best Android hardware just not capable enough for the power needed to run 3DS games?

Note: This is not a question regarding when the 3DS will be hacked or if the hack is able to be ported to the 3DS, just a question regarding the power needed to do so.
Until we have 3DS emulation to begin with, we can't really know how hard it is. Some systems are harder to emulate than others due to using more chips that sync their data, or they have some tech spec that's out of whack and needs to be accounted for or something.

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Well, considering we already have quad-core tablets clocked at over 2 GHz with GPUs that rival integrated laptop graphics, I'd say that we're getting close. The 3DS only has a dual-core ARM11 processor that could be clocked anywhere from 200MHz to 1 GHz (we don't know exactly what clock speed Nintendo set the chip to), a single-core GPU, and 128 MB of RAM.

Concerning DraStic, yes, it's an amazing emulator. It runs at full speed on my somewhat dated Galaxy SII international version.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the first 3DS emulator comes out for Android since converting ARM to x86 functions on PCs takes a lot more horsepower and time to code than directly using the ARM functions on an Android device. That's not to say that we won't have any 3DS emulators on our PCs, but I think that if the 3DS gets fully hacked, we'll have an emulator for our Androids.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this was mentioned but Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story boots up to a white screen. Same goes for the first Devil Survivor.
Devil Survivor has a few graphic glitches and some of the confirmation sounds are missing.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this was mentioned but Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story boots up to a white screen. Same goes for the first Devil Survivor.
Devil Survivor has a few graphic glitches and some of the confirmation sounds are missing.
Try patching Bowser's inside story, works pretty well for me, only issue is that the attack points bubble thing that shows up when you attack or are attack is blank. Also, are you using the original ds bios?

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try patching Bowser's inside story, works pretty well for me, only issue is that the attack points bubble thing that shows up when you attack or are attack is blank. Also, are you using the original ds bios?

I'll try patching it now and yeah I am using the original bios.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Zelda Phantom HG beginning to slow down. Noticed it when entering/leaving shop and then there are white flashes on the screen. Using the Dpad hack USA rom. Is the AP Protection or something?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick thought. A DS styled UI for the emulator would be nice. The current setup works right now but something more Nintendo feeling would be pretty damn slick :)

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a problem running the Aperture Science DS homebrew by Smealum. At first, the emulator asked me for the ARM7 BIOS. Now the emulator just FC's when I try to launch the homebrew. I know bobmcjr said it worked on DraStic, but I have yet to get it to work. I am running Android 4.2.1 on a Hisense Sero 7 Pro.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Updated emu and it deleted all games and save files because the file paths changed.

Now I need to find one for case 2 apollo justice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo