Fully Unpatched Switch reading out 0x0000

dcon03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently started trying to hack my Switch to try running homebrew on it, but it kept push out 0x0000 when I would attempt an injection.
The problem with this is that this switch’s serial number is under the unpatched section of every source I checked. Is there anything I can really do here?

For context, the serial number is XAW1006592… It matches up on the original box, as well on the outer case and in the system settings. I should also mention that I have never sent it in for any repairs, and it was bought brand new from Target (roughly 4-5 months after its launch).

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Then it's not unpatched. It's patched whatever you may think.
Those sites are not 100% correct.

Didn't hear about a situation where busted USB caused this return.

dcon03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then it's not unpatched. It's patched whatever you may think.
Those sites are not 100% correct.

Didn't hear about a situation where busted USB caused this return.
I really just don’t get how it could be a patched model, but I guess it is what it is.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I really just don’t get how it could be a patched model, but I guess it is what it is.
Maybe you don't remember exactly what happened with this Switch?

I had a situation where I was trying to jailbreak PSP, bricked it (because it was TA-088v3 which then was not hackable), give it to warranty and got back working unit. Then after some long time for fun I have tried to hack it with safe way that didn't brick Ta-088v3 in case of failing and it worked, then I remembered that I have given it to repair so maybe they swapped units/motherboards, so I have checked with iirc PSPIdent and it turned out it was hackable TA-088v1. So I had hackable unit for so long time because I didn't think I will get a hackable unit from official repair service and forgot about it completely.

So maybe that unit you bought then is not exactly the same one you have now? :P

dcon03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you don't remember exactly what happened with this Switch?

I had a situation where I was trying to jailbreak PSP, bricked it (because it was TA-088v3 which then was not hackable), give it to warranty and got back working unit. Then after some long time for fun I have tried to hack it with safe way that didn't brick Ta-088v3 in case of failing and it worked, then I remembered that I have given it to repair so maybe they swapped units/motherboards, so I have checked with iirc PSPIdent and it turned out it was hackable TA-088v1. So I had hackable unit for so long time because I didn't think I will get a hackable unit from official repair service and forgot about it completely.

So maybe that unit you bought then is not exactly the same one you have now? :P
Could be. I’m trying to think if there was any point where I did send it in to any repair centers, but I can’t recall any period of time where I did for my switch 🤷‍♂️.

Essometer

Needs data
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
This has probably nothing to do with your switch but with how we gathered the data to determine which Switch is patched.

We basically started a survey where everyone with a Switch was able to report if there’s was patched or unpatched. From this data, we inferred where the cutoff points for a safe buy should roughly be.

You just discovered that the cutoff point for a Switch in the XAW1 line is a bit higher than previous known. I will update the list if you rule out any fault usb cables or errors on your side.

dcon03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has probably nothing to do with your switch but with how we gathered the data to determine which Switch is patched.

We basically started a survey where everyone with a Switch was able to report if there’s was patched or unpatched. From this data, we inferred where the cutoff points for a safe buy should roughly be.

You just discovered that the cutoff point for a Switch in the XAW1 line is a bit higher than previous known. I will update the list if you rule out any fault usb cables or errors on your side.
I can tell you the three cables I attempted this with have been used in other data transfers for other devices without amy issues.
One cable is an Official Oculus cable and the other two are from UGREEN, so all reputable companies.

Edit: I should mention they also were tested with injection across three different native Windows 10 devices and they all outputted the same code 0x0000.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.