The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I don't eat anything that had a name

I don't eat anything that didn't have a name.

QUOTE said:
A group of schoolchildren who reared a lamb from birth and named it Marcus has overridden objections by parents and rights activists and voted to send the animal to slaughter.

The decision has provoked fury among animal-loving celebrities, animal and human rights campaigners and the parents of some of the children, and led to threats against Lydd primary school and its teachers, according to a member of staff.

The educational farm was started this year, with Marcus being hand-fed by the children. The children also look after ducks, chickens, rabbits and guinea pigs.

The intention had been to buy pigs with the money raised from slaughtering Marcus, but those plans have been put on hold following the furor created by the lamb's culling. The school said the program may now have to be stopped.

To once again prove that while a million deaths is just a statistic, one death is a tragedy, the general public stood against what is generally accepted farming practice, voicing their righteous opinions in between bites of Kebab. The kids turned out to be way more mature than the adults in this case. I mean, what are the protesters objecting? Millions of lambs are raised, slaughtered and eaten each year, in a process much the same as this, but give the lamb a name, look into its wide puppy eyes, and everyone is falling over themselves to "protect" it and condemn the cruelty of those vicious little monsters and their brainwashing school overlords. In protest, let's all boycott meat forever. Um, maybe not forever, maybe for a month. A week. Okay, maybe not a week, but the next meal will definitely contain no meat whatsoever. Wait, you're saying my hot dog had a face too? What's the difference, you ask? The difference is that this is just wrong, that's why! Besides, the children will be permanently scarred to find out where meat actually comes from. [/sarcasm]

I'm all in favour of reminding people where meat really comes from. If the knowledge of how the meat got to your plate disturbs you too much, you shouldn't eat it. And this program is simply amazing in that regard. Kids voted to kill the lamb, sell the meat, and buy pigs from the proceedings, no doubt to be reared and slaughtered as well. And probably eaten. Economy, biology, and facts of life, all in one neat bleating package. And now the kids have learned one other important lesson: ignorance is bliss, and people will fight like tigers to preserve it. Along with the constant rabid denial of things they already know that are too inconvenient to be aware of.

In conclusion:
142fnmv.jpg

Bite me.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You mean meat does not come from shrink wrapped packets?

Anyhow times I have been out in the sticks and the little kids could tell you what breed of sheep or any animal for that matter the thing was in the first place and list all the various cuts of meat- damned if I could do that.

I must admit I do find the sheep thing amusing; I mention eating rabbit*, goat, horse, dog, small birds....... and I get looked at oddly (the word cute or a synonym thereof usually features in the reply) but every one of those fools (assuming they are not some level of vegetarian) will happily munch on a fuzzy lamb.

*yes people around here really spark up over that. Even more fun is when we gut fish or get a "whole" chicken (for some reason I find it worse that people are less able to prepare meat than accept where it comes from). The time I had reindeer salami I suspect I would have been lynched had I spread the word.

I suppose this is the same idea as the comments on the various youtube videos of people feeding "feeder" mice to a centipede- reminded me why I normally have greasemonkey disable comments.

They say it was castrated; I wonder if I could get someone to clone it (or better) and really bring the crazies out of the woodwork.

Finally when it finally strikes Veho and you snap and headbutt someone you can lay low here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_is_cool, happy birthdayn't