Further information about the upcoming Nintendo Switch "Mig Switch" flashcart has been revealed

mig.png

A few days after the monumental reveal of a work-in-progress flashcart being made for the Nintendo Switch, more information has been made available. The previously unnamed flashcart is set to be called "Mig Switch", and the initial Twitter user that unveiled the Mig Switch's existence, After Time X, managed to get in contact with the team behind it all. According to them, they were offered a review unit of the Mig Switch, but turned it down, as the After Time X team fears legal repercussions from dealing with "backup loader" hardware.

Another interesting tidbit is that existing dumps of Switch games will NOT be compatible with the Mig Switch, and backups will need to be repacked to function with the flashcart. Games played with the flashcart can be played online, as well.

The Mig Switch currently has a website, where it is seeking distributors to work together with in order to sell initial limited quantities of the Mig Switch device, with the first units to be delivered sometime in January. The team claims that full availability is expected around March/April 2024. It'll come with the Mig Switch card, and the Mig Switch Dumper, with the latter of which allowing you to back up your games using NXdumpTool.

:arrow: Official Website

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Consists of two products doesn’t really / mean it’s sold as a set.

The MIG brand is two products. The dumper and flashcart.

Also the price point of $70 for a bundle still makes zero sense. The FPGAs alone are probably a good chunk of that as well as the manufacturing cost.

They had to make that clarification on their website today because sellers started that rumor all on their own and started to spread it without an information to back it up. Which is hella shady and any of those sellers should not receive anyone’s money. They clearly don’t care and just want the quick cash grab

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good thing you got the evidence. They should have kept their word. If they really wanted to charge more than $70 they just should have or better had an option just to buy the cart or dumper separately in the first place. Paying a chip installer is better than this now. Hopefully people are able to cancel their preorders.
Post automatically merged:

Consists of two products doesn’t really / mean it’s sold as a set.

The MIG brand is two products. The dumper and flashcart.

Also the price point of $70 for a bundle still makes zero sense. The FPGAs alone are probably a good chunk of that as well as the manufacturing cost.

They had to make that clarification on their website today because sellers started that rumor all on their own and started to spread it without an information to back it up. Which is hella shady and any of those sellers should not receive anyone’s money. They clearly don’t care and just want the quick cash grab
For them to do that edit it kind of does.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good thing you got the evidence. They should have kept their word. If they really wanted to charge more than $70 they just should have or better had an option just to buy the cart or dumper separately in the first place. Paying a chip installer is better than this now. Hopefully people are able to cancel their preorders.
Post automatically merged:

For them to do that edit it kind of does.
If you really think that than you need to take off your tinfoil hat.

So you’d rather they not clarify and have new readers to their website confused still?

Were they just not supposed to update anything? I like how yall are ignoring the price point comment still lmao

China is selling a 4 port nx game cart switcher for $30. That thing doesn’t have nearly as many brains as any of the two MIG devices would need. Use that as a comparison.

More brains would need a stronger FPGA. Which is more money.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Argument for owner with originals
1. Now it takes up the space of only one cart. No more traveling with an album of carts.
2. The original is now safe from being misplaced and can be kept in close to mint conditions in a good storage facility.
3. You can play on multiple consoles but only one can be online at a time.

For the price of $70 why not? Mr. hoarder has hundreds if not thousands of carts with (used to be) one copy of each game and he has many Switch concoles. This is a no-brainer.

Last edited by TomSwitch,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
A fair update would have consisted them honoring the original deal, and sending out the dumper, despite it being at a later date, for no extra cost to those who bought it under the presumption that it was a packaged deal. You know, when they said it was.

Reactions: fst312

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you really think that than you need to take off your tinfoil hat.

So you’d rather they not clarify and have new readers to their website confused still?

Were they just not supposed to update anything? I like how yall are ignoring the price point comment still lmao

China is selling a 4 port nx game cart switcher for $30. That thing doesn’t have nearly as many brains as any of the two MIG devices would need. Use that as a comparison.

More brains would need a stronger FPGA. Which is more money.
Well if they knew, they weren’t going to be able to provide the the dumber, they should have said that in the very beginning. That’s why I hope preorders could be cancelled, no way a patched switch user is going to want this unless they don’t care about being banned.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Argument for owner with originals
1. Now it takes up the space of only one cart. No more traveling with an album of carts.
2. The original is now safe from being misplaced and can be kept in close to mint conditions in a good storage facility.
3. You can play on multiple consoles but only one can be online at a time.
You forgot one
4. Wait two months till the dumper comes out and spend another $70 to get it, just to dump my legal backups.
lol jk

Reactions: rvtr

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A fair update would have consisted them honoring the original deal, and sending out the dumper, despite it being at a later date, for no extra cost to those who bought it under the presumption that it was a packaged deal. You know, when they said it was.
Well if they knew, they weren’t going to be able to provide the the dumber, they should have said that in the very beginning. That’s why I hope preorders could be cancelled, no way a patched switch user is going to want this unless they don’t care about being banned.
MIG wasn’t the one taking preorders. That was all the sketchy “stores” that decided to pop up that yall didn’t hesitate to throw your money at.

Life is full of hard lessons but I’m sure you’ll learn.

Again yall ignored the price point aspect. If something sounds too good to be true it probably is. Go through my post history I mentioned that didn’t sound right the day the first seller website went up. But so many of yall have FOMO even if it’s a brand new website riddled with typos and no following the red flags still get ignored

Reactions: SylverReZ

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
MIG wasn’t the one taking preorders. That was all the sketchy “stores” that decided to pop up that yall didn’t hesitate to throw your money at.

The stores retroactively adapted to MIG's shift, not the other way around.

Life is full of hard lessons but I’m sure you’ll learn.

Scammers exist, we know.

Again yall ignored the price point aspect. If something sounds too good to be true it probably is. Go through my post history I mentioned that didn’t sound right the day the first seller website went up. But so many of yall have FOMO even if it’s a brand new website riddled with typos and no following that the red flags get ignored

$70 for the MIG and the dumper is still too expensive imo. I don't advocate for a single person to buy (or preorder, lol) this potential vaporware. If your argument is that the pricepoint should excuse the deceptive use of words, well it's better that we understand each other better.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The stores retroactively adapted to MIG's shift, not the other way around.

Scammers exist, we know.

$70 for the MIG and the dumper is still too expensive imo. I don't advocate for a single person to buy (or preorder, lol) this potential vaporware. If your argument is that the pricepoint should excuse the deceptive use of words, well it's better that we understand each other better.
There’s literally an “announcement” post stating that it was the sellers that assumed from a flashcart seller themselves

Who cares what you think about the price? I don’t think my OLED tv should have cost $1500 but that doesn’t mean they are going to sell it for less than it took to produce.

The words also aren’t deceptive in English grammar the sentence still made sense before their edit…now if someone’s not a native speaker I can understand the confusion but it definitely made sense.

Not my money though, this is normal gbatemp yall don’t read you skim, and get angry when you skimmed wrong.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Who cares what you think about the price? I don’t think my OLED tv should have cost $1500 but that doesn’t mean they are going to sell it for less than it took to produce.

Who cares about what anyone thinks about the price--that was my point. I was countering your suggestion. We don't know how much it took to produce. In terms of raw material (and even assembly), I can easily assume you are paying %200+ the actual cost. It's a bit off tangent, that part, but the terms of the agreement is my focus:

I'll sell you this device that consists of 2 parts for $70.

Oh, btw, $70 gets you one part.

Btw, there is a license fee I didn't tell you about, you'll find it in the instructions.

Btw, it might not actually work, you can't sue me.

It can go on and on and on and on.

Even native English speakers are correct in feeling mislead.

What are people even paying for?

Regarding the "announcement", which I didn't understand, do you have a link?

Last edited by tabzer,

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still a useful card, I have an original v1, and multiple OLEDs, one card to play on the go my library is still pretty darn handy, it’s just a bummer all those without a v1 unpatched, or chipped v2 or OLED, I still wonder if a dumper was a gimmick, and a way to say “look at us we only support your own backups” , vs “hey all you know Google drive, share the links”

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This cart is over priced and probably cheaply made, is probably only worth $30-$40. I never preordered this because most likely a clone that works just the same will be priced cheaper. Hopefully this really works on patched switch’s. Can’t really say I would purchase a clone cart either.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This cart is over priced and probably cheaply made, is probably only worth $30-$40. I never preordered this because most likely a clone that works just the same will be priced cheaper. Hopefully this really works on patched switch’s. Can’t really say I would purchase a clone cart either.
Have a screw popping at the center of upper side, I haven't see any cheap gadget so bad built.

Last edited by impeeza,

Trojaner

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Have a screw popping at the center of upper side, I haven't see any cheap gadget so bad built.

Yeah, thats already Bad ... How Bad the Inside of the Cardridge is, thats what we want to know now. :rofl2:
Maybe some Text inside "We've fooled ya idjits" now ya are doomed and we have much money for an $5 item"
:rofl2:

Best option is still to getting it chipped instead of this crap.

Last edited by Trojaner,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Heheh