Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now AI can create art, enhance footage and help predict certain things

But what does the future hold?

Will we see AI generated building plans? What about AI generated books - or video games?

So far automation has taken away simple jobs like factory work, but could AI one day replace nearly ever worker? Could AI at some point even program other AI programs - making all sorts of human work obsolete?

I don't find it hard to imagine a world where AI is creating the art and story for a new manga, or designing a new component for an autonomous space station

What do you think? Are there limits? Can we know this early on?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
We just have to train AI to think humans are attractive and then they will keep us around

train?

I like my AI coded to Kill all humans.

Seriously in space a simple AI will be very useful. even going to Mars or Moon. An AI which will create green houses which will make Mars warmer. I think one which is able to have free thought will be some time away because how much code is needed and the technology which is able to run it.

Last edited by Flame,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
What i wonder is how much code will be need for an advanced AI?

Linux is about 28 million code of lines. so would we need a billion line of code? a trillion line of code? lets say a billion. if it took 30 years for Linux to get to the stage its at the moment. how long will an AI code take? at what point will it be able to communicate with the AI? what code will make it AI?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Al?

Biggayal.png

Yeah I suppose he could do all that eventually, at a push.

• Haha
Reactions: BigOnYa and CoolMe

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Kill all humans.
That does seem the logical, rational, straightforward, simplest solution to pretty much every problem we can give an AI.

What i wonder is how much code will be need for an advanced AI?

Linux is about 28 million code of lines. so would we need a billion line of code? a trillion line of code? lets say a billion. if it took 30 years for Linux to get to the stage its at the moment. how long will an AI code take?

Probably much less than we think. Don't think of "code" when thinking of AI, it won't be a bunch of if/then statements programmed for every eventuality. Intelligence, artificial or otherwise, is not linear, it's more like a great big ball of wibbly-wobbly thinky-winky... stuff. We'll have to rethink data structures, for one. Creating connections through chains of association, processing inputs for meaning and relations to previous ones, and so on. Processor architecture will change, data storage will be hell, but as far as actual lines of code, not that many.

Reactions: Flame

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Right now AI can create art, enhance footage and help predict certain things
Like a human.

But what does the future hold?

Will we see AI generated building plans? What about AI generated books - or video games?
Probably Quantum related AI.

So far automation has taken away simple jobs like factory work, but could AI one day replace nearly ever worker?
Isn't this since the Industrial Revolution way back in circa 1800s?

Could AI at some point even program other AI programs - making all sorts of human work obsolete?
Isn't Google already doing this with their AI?

I don't find it hard to imagine a world where AI is creating the art and story for a new manga, or designing a new component for an autonomous space station

What do you think? Are there limits? Can we know this early on?
That's very plausible, but I see it happening way after our lives are gone. Probably in the next 50 years.

Y'all overreacting because it seems most people can't distinguish repeating patterns. It's history repeating itself.
One day AI will get outdated by something newer and everyone will loose their shit again.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least the mother brain will be stopped by a Robo(t) and a Chrono
"but I see it happening way after our lives are gone. Probably in the next 50 years."

My man how soon do you plan to die

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
AI is the way to become one of those people who don't like to do the work themselves. Instead of asking a chatbot, read some books on the subject that you are working towards. Its not that hard, even if everything is frustrating and difficult, you'll soon get through it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn