Hacking G6 Lite Out!!!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Damn, and I just ordered an EZ4 Lite microSD.
frown.gif
SOmebody shit-talk this product so I feel better about my purchase!

You can expand the memory with additional SD cards and the G6 can't. And when the flash memory dies in the G6, you have to throw away the entire product, and not just the memory card
nyanya.gif

Feel better?
wink.gif

QUOTE(keiith @ Jun 19 2006, 02:40 PM)Just wondering in the first place why M3 team decided to make a product with a different name G6? What was the reason for going from the M3 name to the G6, as they're fairly similar since they are made by the same team?

The M3 uses CF/SD/miniSD cards, i.e. expandable, swappable memory, while the G6 has built in memory (fixed size). That's different enough to be called differently, I guess.

(Between you and me, they are only doing it to confuse people, so that people buy both by mistake
dry.gif
)

The same thing is with the SD and MMC cards; you would think they are different standards, but the only difference is that SD has data encryption ability, which 99% of the SD devices don't even use. SD readers can use MMC cards, and most MMC devices can use SD cards.

Jackbauerx

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the dvd listings is just a compatibility listing.

QUOTE(http://www.gbalpha.com/China/GBalpha_Shop/shop/showproduct.asp?id=26 @ Using Babelfish) said:
Other preferential benefits:Free bestows 7 DVDresourcescompact disc
DVD1: GBA plays ROM 1 ~ 1,300;
DVD2: GBA plays ROM 1301 ~ 2,200;
DVD3: GBA plays after ROM 2201, GBA sinicizing game; Movie function demonstration movie;
DVD4: NDS plays ROM CLEAN the DUMP edition 1 ~ 139;
DVD5: NDS plays ROM CLEAN the DUMP edition 140 ~ 262;
DVD6: NDS plays ROM CLEAN the DUMP edition 263 ~ 359;
DVD7: NDS plays ROM CLEAN the DUMP edition after 360.

Edit: Could be wrong tho.. But I doubt they would just give away 2,200 commerical GBA roms and 360 commerical NDS roms.
Nope, they really send you 7 DVDs loaded with GBA and NDS roms! Thats China, baby!
yaynds.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
New G6 software is out now.

Version 4.0
I just updated the loader on my G6 (not lite). the update worked, I now have long filename (even if i'm still in FAT16).

I installed the Manager V4.0b and when I run it I got a message from windows when choosing the G6 drive letter :
G6 U-DISK Manag.exe has generated errors and will be close by windows. you'll have to restart it.

I can't run it anymore, and now I flashed my G6 loader with the last firware :/
I had to manually rename the saves to match the long filename from games still present on my card so I can play with my current saves.

Now NDS games have small delay before launching.
Maybe because I'm not using V4 manager.

Hope they will correct this quiclky.
(I'm running W2k pro sp4 FR)

akwok

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great news! So, I wonder what the chances are that the 'international' release will come with the DVDs.. or sold seperately..
yaynds.gif

I'd gladly pay an extra twenty bucks or so for the DVDs,
laugh.gif

Just to clarify: there are two versions you can buy - one version with both white and navy blue faceplates, and the other version with both white and ice blue faceplates?

I may have to order one!

Thanks!

kalibar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'd really like to hear some more solid details on the price. There's no way that an improved version of the G6 is gonna be $62.00 when the current version is sitting at $150+. I wonder if they'll let us trade in our current G6's for new ones?

That'd be sweet.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great news! So, I wonder what the chances are that the 'international' release will come with the DVDs.. or sold seperately..Â
yaynds.gif
Not a chance in hell. No respectible store would sell Nintendo DS and GBA roms along side with a product or even at all.

amuse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I'd really like to hear some more solid details on the price. There's no way that an improved version of the G6 is gonna be $62.00 when the current version is sitting at $150+. I wonder if they'll let us trade in our current G6's for new ones?

That'd be sweet.
How is it so hard to believe? All the chinese sites are reporting the same prices and it's already available to buy/order. This is the chinese price though, so expect it to be priced higher when it's sold outside of China (like all Chinese products)

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
New G6 software is out now.

Version 4.0
Now NDS games have small delay before launching.

Oh dear, I don't like the sound of that - I hate needless delays!
QUOTE(TheGreat2nd @ Jun 20 2006, 12:49 AM)Anybody test out GBA compatibility with the G6 Lite?
It's not out yet. I'd love to know the answer to this too. Some people say the GBA experience on the original G6 isn't that great, but I'm hoping they've improved it for the Lite version.

htoxad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The GBA compatibility is great. You just have to save patch it in the G6 software. There are 3 choices and I've never had a game that I couldn't get working.

The only problem is that the Real Time Save Patch doesn't work for every game, but the loader asks you if you want to apply the RTS patch every time you play the game. It would be great if they fixed this in version 4.0 of the loader.

ebcubs03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll wait it out to see if they come out with a 1GB version. Otherwise I'm fine with my huge supercard SD for now.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The GBA loader don't ask anymore for realtime save patch.
The game load and run.

I hope they corrected the use of normal save after using Real time save.
In V3, if you start using save state, sram saves are no more saved to sram.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can someone tell me how good the G6 is with homebrew (SNESDS, ScummVM, DS2Key, Picodrive...)? Do those work and save (to SRAM)? Opium?
wink.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Can someone tell me how good the G6 is with homebrew (SNESDS, ScummVM, DS2Key, Picodrive...)? Do those work and save (to SRAM)? Opium?Â
wink.gif

ScummVM works and saves fine, DS2Key has no reason why it wouldn't work, Pictodrive I'm not sure haven't tried it. Last time I tried SnesDS I remember it working.

Can someone tell me the estimate time the battery last on a G6 before I have to get a new one. thanks

Not sure about this one. The battery in my G6 is dry but that might be because of that stupid button that's no longer on the new G6. The only way I can save DS games now is software reset back to the G6 menu before I turn off my DS. Which works fine but it's a little annoying. So ya, my G6 ain't in the best of shape.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!