JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Because it's not like Nintendo remakes its games or has the Virtual Console, right?
That's one thing I really dislike about Nintendo. I don't mind VC (especially for the Wii U since I get offscreen), but they re-release games sooooooooooooo many times. Take Ocarina of Time as an example. 2 releases on the N64 (not counting the one with bugfixes), 2 for the GameCube, 1 for the Wii, and 1 for the 3DS. 6 releases already, and you can be sure they'll put it on the Wii U as VC.

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Companies should regulate our spending habits for us. It's too much to expect that we can make informed decisions. God help us if we have to use a little self-control every now and again, right?

Ur right again i should only ever purchase a Game once and be done with it.....Doesnt matter if that spells the End of all these Developers who only seem to be able to Remake/Report/HD/Uncut/Special/Limited/Hardened/Ultimate release of their Games let their Families and Them Starve

I take my words back guess its XBoxUno for Life!!!!!!!!

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ur right again i should only ever purchase a Game once and be done with it.....Doesnt matter if that spells the End of all these Developers who only seem to be able to Remake/Report/HD/Uncut/Special/Limited/Hardened/Ultimate release of their Games let their Families and Them Starve

The way you're wording it makes it seem like if you don't buy their re-release the world will end.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way you're wording it makes it seem like if you don't buy their re-release the world will end.

Not for me as Im a Consumer....For them as they R the ones Milking our Teets dry

Again im just a Gamer that loves playing Games i just dont appreciate having to Rebuy them multiple times.....yes i know stupid me

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ImageThatDemonstratesHowStupifiedIAmByYourAppallingLackOfReasoningSkillsAndSuggestsThatIAmSeriouslyConcernedForYourMentalWellbeing.gif

It's like arguing with a brick wall. No matter how eloquently you make your point, it's not going to budge.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ImageThatDemonstratesHowStupifiedIAmByYourAppallingLackOfReasoningSkillsAndSuggestsThatIAmSeriouslyConcernedForYourMentalWellbeing.gif

It's like arguing with a brick wall. No matter how eloquently you make your point, it's not going to budge.

Again im just speaking on personal opinion and experience Seems ill just leave here as i Guess im hurting everyones feeling.......

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So on the actual topic at hand...

I know it's all purely speculation at the moment but I'm still confused as to how all this works.
Now, I never owned a PS3, so I'm going into the PS4 relatively blind to PS3 games. But I heard that this streaming stuff will also apply for PSOne Classics and PS2 games (possibly).
I remember back when I owned a psp I bought a bunch of PSOne classics so I'm curious if those will work on my PS4, or if I have to rebuy them. I'm sure making them compatible wont be that hard, but I'm also pretty curious about the PS3 streaming.
There's a lot of GREAT titles I missed that I'd love to download onto my PS4.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
That's one thing I really dislike about Nintendo. I don't mind VC (especially for the Wii U since I get offscreen), but they re-release games sooooooooooooo many times. Take Ocarina of Time as an example. 2 releases on the N64 (not counting the one with bugfixes), 2 for the GameCube, 1 for the Wii, and 1 for the 3DS. 6 releases already, and you can be sure they'll put it on the Wii U as VC.
Kind of off topic, but... What do you mean twice on N64? Aside from the bug fix version updates (which a lot of games did in the eras before DLC), I'm not aware of such a thing.

Also, eh. I don't see why it's a problem that Nintendo rereleases the same games on multiple platforms. It gives you the option to play the game on a newer platform for relatively cheap. I don't see why that's such a bad thing. Especially since all but two of those rereleases (Master Quest and 3D) were just emulations of the original game, and even then, Nintendo only worked on one of those exceptions themselves (3D was handled by Grezzo). So it's not like porting the game takes away from them making new ones, like how Square skipped a whole generation of Kingdom Hearts in favor of a billion random HD remakes.

All that said though, it's irritating that you have to rebuy VC on every new system individually.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Gold cartridge edition.
That's not a rerelease. That's the original version, later replaced with grey. That would be like calling the white 3DS XL a "rerelease" of the 3DS XL. It's the exact same game on the exact same platform with the exact same content (barring any bug fix differences).

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
That's not a rerelease. That's the original version, later replaced with grey. That would be like calling the white 3DS XL a "rerelease" of the 3DS XL. It's the exact same game on the exact same platform with the exact same content (barring any bug fix differences).
Actually it had more bugs, but it was a different edition. Even if you don't count it, there are still a lot of re-releases. Ocarina of Time is a great game, but I'd rather have Nintendo focus on new games instead of porting the same game to each console.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually it had more bugs, but it was a different edition. Even if you don't count it, there are still a lot of re-releases. Ocarina of Time is a great game, but I'd rather have Nintendo focus on new games instead of porting the same game to each console.
Yeah, I know. But like I said, this takes just about zilch of Nintendo's time. The GameCube and Wii versions are just emulations of the game, and the 3DS version was done by Grezzo. In other words, the only port that likely took Nintendo itself any real time was Master Quest on the Gamecube. And even if not, I think the fact that they have both a full-on remake of Wind Waker and an all-new Zelda on 3DS coming out this year, AND are working on Zelda U (which Aunouma says "is further along than you think") concurrently says a lot about how much it "hurts" Nintendo's development of other games.

Reactions: chavosaur

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know. But like I said, this takes just about zilch of Nintendo's time. The GameCube and Wii versions are just emulations of the game, and the 3DS version was done by Grezzo. In other words, the only port that likely took Nintendo itself any real time was Master Quest on the Gamecube. And even if not, I think the fact that they have both a full-on remake of Wind Waker and an all-new Zelda on 3DS coming out this year, AND are working on Zelda U (which Aunouma says "is further along than you think") concurrently says a lot about how much it "hurts" Nintendo's development of other games.
They ought to be pretty far along after 2 years. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1