Question about a non-exploitable system

ChiefReginod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a 10.01 system from a friend when he offered it for cheap. Since I didn't have much interest beforehand, I'm okay with letting it sit until an exploit is available (if ever, I know that it's not a guarantee).

But my question is, if I bought some game discs with firmware requirements under 10.01, would I be able to play them offline without having to either connect to the internet or set up a PSN account? I'm also curious about remote play with Vita, but it looks like I'd need to set up a PSN account for that, too. Basically, I'm wondering if there's anything whatsoever I can do with it without having to update. :)

I should add that the first thing I did was reinitialize the system from safe mode, so there's nothing on it and it hasn't been online since.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, you can play lower firmware games without signing in or updating anything. you do have to update to get save exporting importing from usb if that means anything to you.

Reactions: ChiefReginod

ChiefReginod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, you can play lower firmware games without signing in or updating anything. you do have to update to get save exporting importing from usb if that means anything to you.
Awesome, thanks. Then I just need to look up the firmware requirements for any games I'm interested in, most of which are probably going to be under 10.01 anyway.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use @KiiWii 's site. I tagged him, because I forgot the url. it says what firmware games take, and I think he has several thousand in the database.

some things, like the save data exporting/importing, require the account be activated, which requires signing in. on hen, you can activate the account without having to though, but being stuck in limbo kinda sucks due to that. the username will be italicized if you're activated. the same is true on the ps5 as well.

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol