OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameCom.jpg

Post automatically merged:

I really want to experience the games and put the entire library on my modded 3DS but I don't know how

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
View attachment 415945

I really want to experience the games and put the entire library on my modded 3DS but I don't know how
Easiest way would be to offer a bounty probably a few thousand to get any attention to it. and wait to see if anyone is bothered to make such a thing.

HOME-Resonance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you expecting the emulator to magically poof itself into existence? Or perhaps you simply just didnt read the other thread you posted in. its got listed what you need to understand
Shut up it's not my fault I don't know anything about emulators only things I know are anything but that and what other thread tell me its name

Are you expecting the emulator to magically poof itself into existence? Or perhaps you simply just didnt read the other thread you posted in. its got listed what you need to understand.
And I know fairies aren't real

ack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shut up it's not my fault I don't know anything about emulators only things I know are anything but that and what other thread tell me its name

why are you so angry? You're essentially begging for someone to create something JUST for you, for no money, that nobody else wants or is gonna use, and when someone points out how silly that is you get offended.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dang, bro. Didja wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something?

No need to be hostile. We're a supporting community that brings others up, but if you're rude none of us will want to help you.

Emulating a system on another system isn't easy. It often requires lots of manual work, and that can take a very long time to implement. I'd recommend checking out if any applications can already run that on the 3DS, and if not, oh well. You can learn how to emulate if you'd like but it is very very difficult for a beginner.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Why you mad? Devs make homebrew that they are interested in or paid to make. Since it wasn’t made already, then there isn’t an interest. You are going to need to give something other than your want for this emulator to exist. Or just learn to code

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why are you so angry? You're essentially begging for someone to create something JUST for you, for no money, that nobody else wants or is gonna use, and when someone points out how silly that is you get offended.
I absolutely would play around with it.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why would you want to emulate a shitty handheld on a relatively better console? Its not possible.
Game com had 2 cartridge slots, touch screen and online play b4 D.S. The pack-in software and interface was fairly robust (came with Lights Out/Solitaire/calendar) it was like an alternate timeline when Tiger Electronics actually made an ambitious handheld after all those LCD games, but it really happened

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Game com had 2 cartridge slots, touch screen and online play b4 D.S. The pack-in software and interface was fairly robust (came with Lights Out/Solitaire/calendar) it was like an alternate timeline when Tiger Electronics actually made an ambitious handheld after all those LCD games, but it really happened
Since when did this relate to my post? Regardless, I don't like the Game com, mainly because of how limited the hardware is compared to the competition and was way ahead of its time. Tiger mainly focused on LCD games, that after playing them for 5 minutes, you'd be bored shitless.

Reactions: yuyuyup

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Before this gets closed or moved to EoF, let me leave my two Eurocents here...

Game.com (or as known internally "Tiger DMG") apparently uses a bog-standard SHARP microcontroller with a built-in monochrome LCD interface.
Other than a vastly different instruction set (which is undocumented btw), it's indeed basically a weird Game Boy with Game Boy Color features on a chip.

I don't think it could run at full speed on an old3DS (I'm serious), but other than the fully undocumented instruction set, everything else is documented, so it's definitely doable.
In fact, there are so many similarities with the Game Boy and Game Boy Color, that I think I can infer the cycle timings for almost all of the instructions, and possibly even the CPU bugs as well, without even owning a Game.com myself.

Don't wait for me to do it though. I'm sadly very busy with other things.

HOME-Resonance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It blows my mind that this thing existed around the same time as the Game Gear and the Gameboy Color, yet was both vastly superior and inferior to both in many different ways.
Wow! That's so cool I've NEVER EVER heard of those please tell me more about them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...