ROM Hack Discussion "Game Maker Studio" - Games "ported" to Nintendo Switch. Thank you Undertale!

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys,

I've read it's possible to "port" "Game Maker Studio"-Games to Nintendo Switch, so I did it!
I've currently "ported" four different Games to Nintendo Switch by replacing the content of Undertale RomFS with the Contents of the Games I've ported.

The Games I got to work on Switch or were confirmed working:
- Knights Club
- Unworthy
- Xenon Valkyrie
- The Void Rains Upon Her Heart
- Crashlands
- Towards The Pantheon: Escaping Eternity
- Shalnor Legends Sacred Lands
- Sugar Overkill Arena
- Control Cubes
- Lumiva Legacy Demo
- AM2R Another Metroid2 Remake

Games that don't work on Switch:
- Dyo
- Nidhogg
- Nidhogg II
- Wuppo
- Death's Gambit
- Rivals of Aether
- Symmetry
- 12 is better than 6
- Gunpoint
- Dungeon Souls
- There was a Caveman
- Psebay
- Another Perspective
- Stories of Bethem
- Wave Land

I've uploaded four Videos, playing 4 of the confirmed Games:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- If you want to port a Game or ask me to test a Game for you, be sure it's a Game made with "Game Maker (Studio)" and it supports "Touch" or "Gamepad" Controls!
- Saving doesn't work yet (not sure how we could fix that). If you have an Idea, tell me!
- I won't provide Downloadlinks for this Games. Sharing copyrighted Content is illegal on GBATemp, sorry!

If you want to ask me for testing a Game for you, read "Important Information"!
I won't test Games that don't have "Gamepad/Touch" Support or aren't made with "Game Maker (Studio)".

I will keep the lists up2date!

Last edited by Cyan, , Reason: added AM2R

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I tested my HTML5 switch games from https://gmswitch.github.io (ofc not built as HTML) and worked ok, except the controllers because they were made to work on web.
I just built the apps as a windows zip packed app, then grabbed the data.win and renamed it to game.win
Well nice! Gonna try some of them :D

Britishj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow i bet Hero Keeper would work well on the switch, or any game maker game that has been on both phones and computers, may have to do some testing ^_^

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So it works with GMS 1.x games as well?
It seems so, gonna update the OP

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wow i bet Hero Keeper would work well on the switch, or any game maker game that has been on both phones and computers, may have to do some testing ^_^
So Hero Keeper works! But Saving/Loading doesn't work (yet) :S
Hopefully we'll find a way to get saving/loading to work for GMS Games

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you do anything special to get the joycons to work wirelessly? (as shown in the Knight Club video)

I "ported" over VA-11 HALL-A to the Switch and it runs fine, but the joycons only work when attached to the Switch.
Did your other ports work wirelessly too?

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you do anything special to get the joycons to work wirelessly? (as shown in the Knight Club video)

I "ported" over VA-11 HALL-A to the Switch and it runs fine, but the joycons only work when attached to the Switch.
Did your other ports work wirelessly too?
well, the other Games I tried (and work), does work wirelessly for me :O
Haven't done anything special, tho.
I used them wirelessly on "Knight Club" because to show the Local Multiplayer thing works

AM2R works?
not tested

Reactions: ploggy

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Try Hotline Miami, that seems to be another big one. Assuming it's made in GM:S that is.
It's not supported :(

Hey Guys,

I've read it's possible to "port" "Game Maker Studio"-Games to Nintendo Switch, so I did it!
I've currently "ported" four different Games to Nintendo Switch by replacing the content of Undertale RomFS with the Contents of the Games I've ported.

The Games I got to work on Switch or were confirmed working:
- Knights Club
- Unworthy
- Xenon Valkyrie
- The Void Rains Upon Her Heart
- Crashlands

Games that don't work on Switch:
- Dyo
- Nidhogg
- Nidhogg II
- Wuppo
- Death's Gambit
- Rivals of Aether
- Symmetry
- 12 is better than 6
- Gunpoint
- Dungeon Souls
- There was a Caveman
- Psebay
- Another Perspective
- Stories of Bethem
- Wave Land
- Hotline Miami
- Hotline Miami II
I've uploaded four Videos, playing 4 of the confirmed Games:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- If you want to port a Game or ask me to test a Game for you, be sure it's a Game made with "Game Maker (Studio)" and it supports "Touch" or "Gamepad" Controls!
- Saving doesn't work yet (not sure how we could fix that). If you have an Idea, tell me!
- I won't provide Downloadlinks for this Games. Sharing copyrighted Content is illegal on GBATemp, sorry!

If you want to ask me for testing a Game for you, read "Important Information"!
I won't test Games that don't have "Gamepad/Touch" Support or aren't made with "Game Maker (Studio)".

I will keep the lists up2date!

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, so I guess it doesn't hurt to ask if you can try out to see if you get different results.
Can you try VA-11 HALL-A? Not the PC version, but the Vita version. The PC version does not have controller support and it crashes when trying to launch it on the Switch.
The Vita version on the other hand, runs fine on the Switch (even the touch screen works!).

Maybe your process is a little different. Just curious to see if wireless controllers will work for you.

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, so I guess it doesn't hurt to ask if you can try out to see if you get different results.
Can you try VA-11 HALL-A? Not the PC version, but the Vita version. The PC version does not have controller support and it crashes when trying to launch it on the Switch.
The Vita version on the other hand, runs fine on the Switch (even the touch screen works!).

Maybe your process is a little different. Just curious to see if wireless controllers will work for you.
I'll try it. Just need to get the Vita version somehow

Reactions: Supster131

Bitsoft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you post instructions on how to do this please? I've got some unpublished GMS1 projects that I wouldn't mind being able to play on switch.

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you post instructions on how to do this please? I've got some unpublished GMS1 projects that I wouldn't mind being able to play on switch.
It's a pretty easy method (if you can't create your own nsp. I won't explain how to create a nsp).
- Install Undertale
- prepare a LayeredFS Folder for undertale on your SD Card
- create a romfs in SD:/atmosphere,Reinx,SXOS(yourfavoriteone)/titles/TITLEID
- put your gms Game into it and rename the .win into game.win (if it's not game.win already)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1