Game patching doesn't work anymore, is it because of luma?

Elliii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A couple of months ago I started hacking my New 2DS XL and it went great. Then I started to patch some games like Majoras Mask and Animal Crossing and everything worked. Some days ago I had troubles with luma where it crashed quite often but after I manually updated it, it went back to normal.

Now my problem: since then game patching just doesn't work anymore and I tried everything!

I checked and unchecked the game patching option, updated luma and godmode9, re downloaded the patch and the game (Majoras Mask, Project Restoration) but nothing helps. I noticed that installing patches via cia works great so I don't understand the problem. I'm confused because it worked for a long time but suddenly it's impossible. I think it has something to do with luma, because it got an update around that time.

Any help is appreciated because I'm losing my mind over this!

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is Luma stored in the NAND or at SD card?

If Luma is stored at the NAND the patch option doesn't work. I've had the same problem. Game patching only works if you boot luma from SD card.
It does work, *but* it would require the mod files to be placed directly on ctrnand. Which of course is only an option if the files are small enough to fit in there.

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
indeed. those romfs can get pretty large depending on the mod.
When it can fit though, it's a pretty good option imo. SD reads are very slow so layeredfs can considerably increase load times in some games. but if you can have the files on ctrnand, the read operations are much faster and load times are quicker.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, there is a game patching option in luma settings when you boot up. it's disabled by default. I know that luma can patch games with romfs or certain patch files (I think) like ips.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here