R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I hope you are well.

Being stuck at home has caused me to look around my small place and be more aware of all of the ‘stuff’ I have acquired.

I was looking at my gaming collection and I think I can do a little purging. In particular I was thinking I could retire the GameCube Wavebirds (or at least 3 of them).

I’m trying to find a list of what GameCube games use the Analog Triggers, but there doesn’t seem to be. I THINK I don’t have any multiplayer GameCube games that use the analog triggers so I could potentially dump 3 of the Wavebirds and just use the Wii U Pro Controllers or Wii Classic Pro Controllers for any multiplayer GameCube games (I have 4 of each).

I know Super Mario Sunshine does. Beyond that I’m not entirely sure. Anyone know of any games that might need those specific analog triggers that I should be looking out for?

Worth mentioning I am playing GameCube stuff in vWii USB Loader GX via Nintendont.

Cheers!

Reactions: Stealphie

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Luigi's Mansion use analog triggers for the Poltergust 3000.
F-zero GX I think it uses the analog triggers for precision steering.
A variety of racing games use it too for the gas pedal.
As you mentioned Super Mario Sunshine use the triggers for the intensity of the water pack FLUDD.

Edit: taken from reddit-

Rogue Squadron II & III. If you're flying an X-Wing or B-Wing and click R it closes the wings and clicking L will open them again

Super Smash Bros Melee use it for the shield.

Last edited by zerofalcon,

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Paper Mario Thousand Year Door uses it for some of the action commands in battle. I'd be surprised if none of the Mario Party games use it. Eternal Darkness uses it.

Nomado

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
To OP, please compile it into list. I have been searching for games that use analog triggers and haven't be able to find one. Would be nice to have a complete list in one thread.
To everyone else, I got a question. I currently have few classic controllers. Do you think Gamecube controller is worth it? I never held Gamecube controller before so have no reference to it.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To OP, please compile it into list. I have been searching for games that use analog triggers and haven't be able to find one. Would be nice to have a complete list in one thread.
To everyone else, I got a question. I currently have few classic controllers. Do you think Gamecube controller is worth it? I never held Gamecube controller before so have no reference to it.
I have both a classic controller and a gamecube controller. I would say the gamecube controller is good if you grew up with it but it can easily feel too small in your hands if you have big hands. I have a hand size of around 8-9 and it feels a bit too small on the triggers.
The Classic controller is fine if you like it. I guess the analog triggers might be a bit harder to get used to on the classic controller, but if you don't have any problems while playing then I wouldn't think about it.

SquackSpencer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Little thing not very well explained by Nintendont: If you play with a device that does not have analog triggers (like the WiiU Gamepad), the L / L1 / LB works as a "Half-Press" (assuming the R / R1 / RB works as Z) So you can hold L / L1 / LB and ZR / R2 / RT to walk while splashing stuff in Mario Sunshine, for instance...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: would you rather have unlimited bacon but no games, or games, unlimited games, but no more games?