Hardware Gamecube USB Hub from Wii RVL-001 Ports

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does anyone know if it would be possible to use the Gamecube controller ports from the original Wii and splice them into a homemade USB hub for the Wii U?

I'm assuming not since there would have to be some kind of control board to work with the Wii U to recognize the ports for what they are, but worth asking anyway.

I have a broken Wii laying around that probably won't sell on E-Bay, so I'm thinking this home project may put it to good use for when my Wii U comes in the mail tomorrow. I searched around online, but I'm getting results for the real hub, or running GC games via USBLoaders which is not what I'm after!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So does anyone know if it would be possible to use the Gamecube controller ports from the original Wii and splice them into a homemade USB hub for the Wii U?

I'm assuming not since there would have to be some kind of control board to work with the Wii U to recognize the ports for what they are, but worth asking anyway.

I have a broken Wii laying around that probably won't sell on E-Bay, so I'm thinking this home project may put it to good use for when my Wii U comes in the mail tomorrow. I searched around online, but I'm getting results for the real hub, or running GC games via USBLoaders which is not what I'm after!
If you know how the control board works, you could get a board with programmable USB like certain Arduinos or a Teensy board and program it to replicate that functionality, but honestly it would probably be more trouble than it's worth.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you know how the control board works, you could get a board with programmable USB like certain Arduinos or a Teensy board and program it to replicate that functionality, but honestly it would probably be more trouble than it's worth.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Maybe I'll give it a shot down the line if I'm looking to tinker but you're right that it's probably too much trouble.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: As if I needed even more things to make me feel like a freak of nature.