GameStop reverses decision to remain open, switches to a “delivery at the door” service

gamestop.jpg

Following the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, most stores and services halted their operations, except for essential services. GameStop, the video game retail store, deemed itself as essential retail and decided to remain open. However, it seems like this is about to change as a letter from the CEO, George Sherman, addressed to employees, and obtained by Kotaku, points out.

As of March 22nd, all of its US-based stores will temporarily close access to the public and transition to a “delivery at the door” service for those stores that still operate. Customers will be able to place orders from the GameStop app or by scanning QR codes at the door of stores. Their purchases can then be picked up curbside at the door of retail stores, after coordinating with the in-store team.

The company's CEO also wrote that eligible employees will be given 80 hours of extra paid time off, while those who aren't eligible will be offered two extra weeks of pay. Sherman also stressed that the company won't force employees to turn up for work if they don't feel comfortable doing so and that they should coordinate with their supervisors on this matter. “We respect that everyone has personal situations and preferences, so your decision will not impact your position with the company,” he added.

You can read the letter in its entirety in the source link below.

:arrow: SOURCE

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GoG. You can buy it, and also loan the exe to your friends. Digitally. No drm
GOG is basically the perfect middle ground for digital and physical. You store the games on a drive that doesn't fail or die due to disc rot, and you still own them. The only cons are that you don't get a cool plastic case, but ahh it's better than nothing. I wish steam was more like GoG. IGG games exists though so there's that, but i want to support the devs ^_^

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Show me the de

ads

I am not trolling. Show me the deads, show me the papers, show me the videos of people literally dying of this. All I have seen is trucks completely concealed carrying the supposed dead people.

I will believe only when seeing with my own eyes, check the virus myself on a telescope, and checking if the tools these people are using, actually don't give false positives (that might be dying of flu or other viruses). It would not be the first time the media spread lies throughout out the world.

Be the sheep all you want, I can believe in other worldly things, like God and stuff, but IN THIS PHYSICAL WORLD I will not "believe" in what I am told like an idiot without real proof.

Well, with that kind of mentality you might want to check each hardware parts of the computer you're using. Maybe there'd be a tracking device somewhere you know, and since you can't trust anyone you'd have to check yourself.
Check every piece of software you installed, check the source code, disassemble every closed sourced program, maybe some of them contain spyware and you can't know.
Also when you go buy food, assuming you're not cultivating it yourself, maybe check if each and every apple is disease free, some untrustworthy government could be hiding an outbreak too.
This goes on and on and the ultimate answer will be: go isolate yourself in a deserted island when you can pray your non existing god all day long.

So we're all sheep because oh god do we dare have some semblance of trust in our fellows humans, what's the big deal.
What exactly do you think Italy is? A second North Korea? They don't have internet? They wouldn't be already telling the world all around if misinformation was being spread? Do you not know anyone in Italy, France, Spain that can relate to what's going on? Is everyone on Twitter lying to? Is the whole world lying to you? Are we in the matrix? ARE WE REAAAAAL ARGGG

There, go do that, 100% god approved

Reactions: relauby

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well, with that kind of mentality you might want to check each hardware parts of the computer you're using. Maybe there'd be a tracking device somewhere you know, and since you can't trust anyone you'd have to check yourself.
Check every piece of software you installed, check the source code, disassemble every closed sourced program, maybe some of them contain spyware and you can't know.
Also when you go buy food, assuming you're not cultivating it yourself, maybe check if each and every apple is disease free, some untrustworthy government could be hiding an outbreak too.
This goes on and on and the ultimate answer will be: go isolate yourself in a deserted island when you can pray your non existing god all day long.

So we're all sheep because oh god do we dare have some semblance of trust in our fellows humans, what's the big deal.
What exactly do you think Italy is? A second North Korea? They don't have internet? They wouldn't be already telling the world all around if misinformation was being spread? Do you not know anyone in Italy, France, Spain that can relate to what's going on? Is everyone on Twitter lying to? Is the whole world lying to you? Are we in the matrix? ARE WE REAAAAAL ARGGG

There, go do that, 100% god approved
https://twitter.com/veroniquegenest/status/1240268539434541058

You are making an exageration in order not to listen to what I am saying. And what God has to do with anything? You did not understand anything of what I was saying, nothing at all. My reference to God, is because for those type of things you need faith, and it is understood, because those are things you cannot see, etc. But for the things of "this world" you cannot ask me to have faith, I am sorry, I do not have faith in my fellow human beings.

You show me this strange video at the end, so untastefull, I would never trust you for example. I have seen people destroying my country, burning buildings, because they are communist, or I don't know for what reason. I have seen the media defend lunatics and murderers, thieves, and the worst scum, in the name of comunism in my country.

Would you believe there are some chinese men and woman who share my view? So I guess I still have some faith, my guts tell me those screams are REAL

Last edited by nashismo,

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are making an exageration in order not to listen to what I am saying. And what God has to do with anything? You did not understand anything of what I was saying, nothing at all. My reference to God, is because for those type of things you need faith, and it is understood, because those are things you cannot see, etc. But for the things of "this world" you cannot ask me to have faith, I am sorry, I do not have faith in my fellow human beings.

You show me this strange video at the end, so untastefull, I would never trust you for example. I have seen people destroying my country, burning buildings, because they are communist, or I don't know for what reason. I have seen the media defend lunatics and murderers, thieves, and the worst scum, in the name of comunism in my country. No, I do not trust my fellow human brothers.

Of course they're exaggerations. The point is simple: We all -have- to rely on mankind knowledge to live, this is how we can even communicate right now. You don't trust anyone, but you use tools made by others everyday without questioning it, just like the rest of us. And you use them without understanding all out it by yourself.
You cannot possibly know everything known to Man in every scientific field, therefore you need to rely on trust. Trust is not faith, they do not go together and any comparison is absurd. One is straight out fiction, one is very real, and you choose not to doubt the one that is very real.
"You did not understand what I'm saying" is not a wildcard you can use to cover your own logic flaws.

And in this case, you don't need visual proof. It's not a couple people calling out for thousands of deaths, it's entire nations. It's different media outlets, it's people who have nothing to gain and everything to lose in being confined. Who's making exaggerations by not trusting anything?

This is not to say we should just accept everything being said to us as gospel, but the world isn't black and white as always. And because said government says one thing does not AUTOMATICALLY means you have the think the exact opposite, just because. I'm not sure if that's what makes you feel less a "sheep" than others, but you're your own sheep in some way as you become just as easy to manipulate.

You can criticize the strategy some governments are taking to fight the virus, and it's fair, but denying its deaths is not only stupid, it's also an insult to the people who die, are confined, to the thousands of health care employees working their ass off everyday and having to choose who dies and who lives (that's in Italy) and THAT however is untasteful.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Would you believe there are some chinese men and woman who share my view? So I guess I still have some faith, my guts tell me those screams are REAL

Ah! Good old "I'm gonna find one article with people sharing my views and it's gonna be gospel because it fits my agenda".
"But what do you do about the other articles, and other people telling you it's real?"
"Nah it's fake, it comes from the governement".

You're more American than an American, congrats :)

Last edited by deinonychus71,
Reactions: Rahkeesh

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Of course they're exaggerations. The point is simple: We all -have- to rely on mankind knowledge to live, this is how we can even communicate right now. You don't trust anyone, but you use tools made by others everyday without questioning it, just like the rest of us. And you use them without understanding all out it by yourself.
You cannot possibly know everything known to Man in every scientific field, therefore you need to rely on trust. Trust is not faith, they do not go together and any comparison is absurd. One is straight out fiction, one is very real, and you choose not to doubt the one that is very real.
"You did not understand what I'm saying" is not a wildcard you can use to cover your own logic flaws.

And in this case, you don't need visual proof. It's not a couple people calling out for thousands of deaths, it's entire nations. It's different media outlets, it's people who have nothing to gain and everything to lose in being confined. Who's making exaggerations by not trusting anything?

This is not to say we should just accept everything being said to us as gospel, but the world isn't black and white as always. And because said government says one thing does not AUTOMATICALLY means you have the think the exact opposite, just because. I'm not sure if that's what makes you feel less a "sheep" than others, but you're your own sheep in some way as you become just as easy to manipulate.

You can criticize the strategy some governments are taking to fight the virus, and it's fair, but denying its deaths is not only stupid, it's also an insult to the people who die, are confined, to the thousands of health care employees working their ass off everyday and having to choose who dies and who lives (that's in Italy) and THAT however is untasteful.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah! Good old "I'm gonna find one article with people sharing my views and it's gonna be gospel because it fits my agenda".
"But what do you do about the other articles, and other people telling you it's real?"
"Nah it's fake, it comes from the governement".

You're more american than an american, congrats :)

Chinese people themselves are screaming right at you, that this is all fake! And I saw this video just a few moments ago, I know when I am being lied to, I don't need to ask you. And I also know these people are real, call it faith:

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chinese people themselves are screaming right at you, that this is all fake! And I saw this video just a few moments ago, I know when I am being lied to, I don't need to ask you. And I also know these people are real, call it faith:

"know" and "faith" don't go together, it's once again, absurd.

I'm sure you're already figured out a very good reason for the Chinese government to first try to hide this disease and then publicly communicate about it and admit their failure. I'm sure it puts them in a much better spot.
I'm sure the death of Li Wenliang, that was reported by these awful, liars of western media outlets was fake too, and people in China were just complaining about a non existent crisis at the time.
But you probably have your "gut feelings" explaining that better. Why government would put the whole economy of their country in jeopardy for a lie, why would they make their people so unhappy for a lie, what would they have to gain over this? Eh. Doesn't matter. Gut feeling is they lied, everyone lied! Faith wins over facts.

You know what, "believe" what you want. Keep finding the few videos within the many that will fit your agenda if you so wish. The people in the street always know better than experts after all.

Gotta say, thank you, I think I finally understand why France has made a law against Holocaust denials.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides all the crisis actors and conceiled trucks with empty coffins in Italy, I just haven't got one single proof that the Coronavirus has killed the people they say it has. Now China has 0 cases of the virus? Bullshit. I have seen the videos of Chinese people been dragged out of their apartments screaming: "I don't have temperature, I am not sick". Then they were taken to hospitals to forcefully being contaminated with the virus (this on february, join the threads).

I have seen 0% proof of anyone in Italy dying of the Virus, even though there are supposed to be thousands, just the media screaming about it.
I live in Chile and all the communists are demanding the president to lock people down in their houses by force, I don't know but this seems suspiciuos, and it is obviously horrible they are demanding that. The same people that were burning my country and destroying it to pieces since october of last year.
There are dark forces moving in this world, and the media is part of it. The mass manipulation is all time high.

Reactions: xdarkx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto