Hardware Gaming Laptop or Pre-Built Gaming Desktop?

JiveTheTurkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In this time and age of gaming and inflation of pc hardware, what would be a better option to get for the price? Not for that crypto-baby-dick-mining horseshit. Just. Genuine. Gaming.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If you want upgradable hardware, desktop. If you want easier portability, laptop. You've also got to factor in costs of the Monitor, keyboard and mouse for the desktop. Trust me, unless they come bundled with Logitech or Steelseries or Corsair? You'll want new ones without a doubt.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait for gpu prices to fall and build one. Youll get a much better deal. Also if its a budget build you can get the gpu right now for not too much more than msrp, its only higher end/4xx/5xx cards that are really suffering.

Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

JiveTheTurkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks my dudes for the responses. I did not think about the cost for the monitor and all, but sacrificing upgrade opportunities over portability reminds me of my Vive in terms of cost (spending nearly a grand on one item). Does the price for laptops surge as well as gpu's?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks my dudes for the responses. I did not think about the cost for the monitor and all, but sacrificing upgrade opportunities over portability reminds me of my Vive in terms of cost (spending nearly a grand on one item). Does the price for laptops surge as well as gpu's?
No laptops should remain stable, no one mines on them

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In this time and age of gaming and inflation of pc hardware, what would be a better option to get for the price? Not for that crypto-baby-dick-mining horseshit. Just. Genuine. Gaming.
if you go the laptop route, get a ACER Predator Helios 300 GTX 1060 6GB edition. they come with 16GB DDR4, an i7 7th gen cpu, and cost anywhere from $900 to $1500 depending on what hard drive and SSD you go with and any laptop accessories.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you go the laptop route, get a ACER Predator Helios 300 GTX 1060 6GB edition. they come with 16GB DDR4, an i7 7th gen cpu, and cost anywhere from $900 to $1500 depending on what hard drive and SSD you go with and any laptop accessories.

That's not a bad price considering the hardware, Acer is good, I suggest avoiding Dell like the plague.

Coolsonickirby

Trophies
Website
coolsonickirby.com
XP
Country
United States
Got a Dell Gaming Laptop with Intel Core i5 (7th Gen) and a Geforce 1050 for 600$ at Micro Center. Had it for 8 months and it works perfectly. It can emulate most games (except for RPCS3) and it can run a lot of pc games without any problems. Only problem is the battery life is short (around half-1 hour if gaming, and 1 hour and a half if not.)

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a Dell Gaming Laptop with Intel Core i5 (7th Gen) and a Geforce 1050 for 600$ at Micro Center. Had it for 8 months and it works perfectly. It can emulate most games (except for RPCS3) and it can run a lot of pc games without any problems. Only problem is the battery life is short (around half-1 hour if gaming, and 1 hour and a half if not.)
Ryzen 7 1700 with a rx580 stock over clocked, fite me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vBe3ld2UF0