Gary Bowser, of Team Xecuter infamy, has been released from jail

hadsujkjjkjkjkjkjkjj.png

The latest update to the ongoing Gary Bowser situation is a rather major one. After being extradited and arrested, the Team Xecuter member was slapped with a $10 million dollar fine, and then taken to trial, where he was sentenced to over 3 years in prison. Bowser, also known online as GaryOPA, was set to serve his 40-month sentence in a US federal prison, but he and his lawyer argued for an early release. As of March 28th, Bowser has indeed been released from prison, though he is still at a detention facility, where he is awaiting transport back to Canada.

A video interview with Bowser offers some insight as to his experiences, including the fact that he has had no contact with any of the other TX members who have evaded capture. Despite having to pay a $10 million fine as a result of a civil suit, on top of another $4.5 million fine for circumventing devices illegally, Bowser has worked while in prison, earning enough to pay $175.00 of that 14,500,000.00 total. As a consequence, any job that Bowser gets after getting back to Canada will garnish his wages and send them to Nintendo, to the tune of about a third of his income, likely for the rest of his life.

:arrow: Source

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would fight the allegations of the Switch not turning a profit. It's not a state of the art device with new technology. Not even on release.
It basically is a big phone with features removed and crappy gamepads taped in.
Heck, Nintendo is making a killing with console sales, I'd bet.
Sold at profit sure, sold at "massive" profit, no

Read what I said again

I am saying the statement that Nintendo somehow profited from piracy driving switch sales is preposterous

Reactions: Skelletonike

MadonnaProject

Trophies
XP
Country
They definitely do not net gain from piracy, the consoles aren't sold at a massive profit by any means and personally I haven't bought any ninty games in nearly 5 years (taps hacked switch)
There's always exceptions haha. Nintendo always sells consoles at a profit. They're not like MS or Sony. Nintendo are quite literaslly the most evil and greedy company out there, other than apple. Viciously greedy.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's always exceptions haha. Nintendo always sells consoles at a profit. They're not like MS or Sony. Nintendo are quite literaslly the most evil and greedy company out there, other than apple. Viciously greedy.
But a game + a console nets more profit than a console alone

Most people who bought Nintendo consoles and hacked them would have bought a Nintendo console anyway (like myself)

That's why it's ridiculous to paint sxos as increasing profit for Nintendo - it clearly took profits from them

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

Most people who bought Nintendo consoles and hacked them would have bought a Nintendo console anyway (like myself)

That's why it's ridiculous to paint sxos as increasing profit for Nintendo - it clearly took profits from them
Can’t take profits if none were promised. “Assumed” damages are really toxic for the legal world..

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can’t take profits if none were promised. “Assumed” damages are really toxic for the legal world..
I agree particularly in cases of roms

However in the case of sxos that only works on console I think it's likely it at least led to the loss of some game sales

And the idea that it somehow led to gains for ninty is ridiculous

Best case scenario no losses, no way it increased their profits that's ridiculous

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

However in the case of sxos that only works on console I think it's likely it at least led to the loss of some game sales

Best case scenario no losses, no way it increased their profits that's ridiculous
100% agreed on the gains. Makes zero sense.

Reactions: x65943

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Oh, boy, I couldn't disagree even more with that statement. Being such a massively sold console, all over the world, makes it pretty impossible to say that. I would be more inclined, given world's inequalities and a gigantic amount of poor people (like me), to think about the chances of having a massive amount of consoles sold because they could be hacked - which doesn't implies any percentage specifically cause I'm not an almighty being, but paints quite a different picture from your idea.

Reactions: nashismo

Zajumino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Theoretically, there is no best case scenario because infinite copies can be sold. But a possible better case would be a net increase in sales due to increased popularity/exposure. There are many little things that piracy can have subtle effects on, some of which are more long term in nature, and they arguably add up to more than the sales that were lost.

An any case, no data exists to support any absolute conclusion. I am quite sure that it is impossible to collect the necessary data to prove anything mathematically. Anyone who estimates what sales would be without piracy is literally just picking arbitrary numbers, or maybe extrapolating from historical data (if there was ever a time when piracy did not exist).

Basically, my point is only a Sith deals in absolutes.

MadonnaProject

Trophies
XP
Country

If you think I suggested SX OS increased nintendo's profits, you missed the point.

I said it increased the chances of people in poorer territories buying the switch.

I don't care about nintendo.

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo really just turned this man into their personal slave-
Taking notes from Tom nook for real.
But seriously, Bowser has become a cursed kind of Nintendo employee lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.