Hacking Gateway 3DS "Firmware spoofing" and "multi-region"

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the Gateway can modify and deal with anything as it has kernel access
it will just have to learn how to reroute and save items to the correct place and load them etc, learn how to deal with them like a 3DS on that firmware would

will just have to see how ninty tackle it
If it has kernal access why can we not run homebrew?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because the gateway team are the only ones who can code for there exploit method

As nice as I'd like to see homebrew for the 3DS, I doubt it'll happen, as least not for a very very long time

Oh no... I am on 5.0....

Just gotta wait, I'm sure they'll pull something crazy off :P

Valfore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gotta say....well done Gateway, i updated my 3DS and cancelled my pre-order believing it'll be blocked entirely before its released.....now i'm absolutely kicking myself for doing so, the 3DS will be like the PS3 soon, get a 3.55 firmware system(in this case 4.0-4.5 3DS) and you are laughing

idane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I think that the gateway team should come out and say if it's possible to support 5.1. I've actually updated to it only because they initially said that it'll be supported.

I wouldn't blame them if it can't be supported, but if that's the case, I want to know as soon as possible so that I can perhaps sell my current device and get a 4.5 device.

Kishnabe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think that the gateway team should come out and say if it's possible to support 5.1. I've actually updated to it only because they initially said that it'll be supported.

I wouldn't blame them if it can't be supported, but if that's the case, I want to know as soon as possible so that I can perhaps sell my current device and get a 4.5 device.

I would not sell.....just wait....they will find a way!

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France

As I said in another thread, maybe it works on 5.1 but they wanted to wait a little so they decided to make the flashcart work on 4.1-4.5 first. Be optimistic, The region lock is already bypassed. They are probably making tests.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well I'm glad I got 2 3ds xl's, 1 on 4.5 for testing games and probably homebrew and one for my original games :) just hope there will be a way to trade pokemon with a "hacked" 4.5 system and a normal one, cause me and my syster will be getting pokemon x + y on release date ^^

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I'm glad I got 2 3ds xl's, 1 on 4.5 for testing games and probably homebrew and one for my original games :) just hope there will be a way to trade pokemon with a "hacked" 4.5 system and a normal one, cause me and my syster will be getting pokemon x + y on release date ^^
It's highly unlikely since online currently doesn't work, and probably won't by October.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FWGUSiYQFAQ