Gateway 3DS: PUBLIC RELEASE OF Gateway 3DS V1.1a

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Great there goes Pokemon X & Y online modes.... and as soon as some sort of cheat system is come across Pokemon will be dead. That's what I hate about this card not that all you pirates get your fix, just that online modes will suffer. Try playing Pokemon Black or White 2 online vs where everybody online has perfect EV IV Pokemon with perfect stats.
So fucking annoying that it makes the game pointless.

OtakuLord17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yay I can't wait until I get GW3DS however I am wondering something.
The current firmware on my 3DS XL is 6.0.0-12E.
So what I'm wondering is will my 3DS be compatible with GW because I don't understand firmware spoofing that much?
I hope someone can answer me before I buy it.

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yay I can't wait until I get GW3DS however I am wondering something.
The current firmware on my 3DS XL is 6.0.0-12E.
So what I'm wondering is will my 3DS be compatible with GW because I don't understand firmware spoofing that much?
I hope someone can answer me before I buy it.

DON"T BUY it yet, It won't work on urs, firmware spoofing is to make games like mario and luigi (only works on 5.x and above) work on 4.x. SO WAITTT

OtakuLord17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DON"T BUY it yet, It won't work on urs, firmware spoofing is to make games like mario and luigi (only works on 5.x and above) work on 4.x. SO WAITTT
Oh I see so I guess I have a long time to wait then :-(
Well I know its worth the wait so I can't wait.
Thanks for saving me from spending over £50 for nothing :-)

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Great there goes Pokemon X & Y online modes.... and as soon as some sort of cheat system is come across Pokemon will be dead. That's what I hate about this card not that all you pirates get your fix, just that oOnline modes will suffer. Try playing Pokemon Black or White 2 online vs where everybody online has perfect EV IV Pokemon with perfect stats.

Isn't the whole point of pokemon to be able to defeat people with Perfiect EV/IV and develop a strategy along the way? I mean would you really enjoy sweeping through opponents left and right?

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Great there goes Pokemon X & Y online modes.... and as soon as some sort of cheat system is come across Pokemon will be dead. That's what I hate about this card not that all you pirates get your fix, just that oOnline modes will suffer. Try playing Pokemon Black or White 2 online vs where everybody online has perfect EV IV Pokemon with perfect stats.

2304795-good_good_let_the_butthurt_flow_through_you_1.jpg

Reactions: MichiS97

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Great there goes Pokemon X & Y online modes.... and as soon as some sort of cheat system is come across Pokemon will be dead. That's what I hate about this card not that all you pirates get your fix, just that online modes will suffer. Try playing Pokemon Black or White 2 online vs where everybody online has perfect EV IV Pokemon with perfect stats.

That would seem to be rather less a criticism of cheats and more that Nintendo can not make a proper online game. Doubly amusing in light of one of the pokemon stadium games having level limited contests/challenges and such like.
Alternatively might it instead be that online is just the end stage to the game? Granted that leads me back around to them not being able to make an online game but hey.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Even if I agree with your point there, the Gateway wouldn't stop Pokegen like applications appearing for X&Y. People would just use one of those save dongles to generate pokemon and transfer to their 3DS cards, I'm sure that's completely possible. So yeah, not being optimistic. Pokegen did kill my interest on training for battles...

For other games though you don't need to worry, like, say, Mario Kart 7. I'm sure it won't become a hack-fest like Mario Kart DS since the 3DS online is far better.

As far as my interest on this goes, colour me impressed they actually managed to do what they did. I didn't expect it at all. Region free sure looks interesting, but then I have my 3DS on the latest firmware and will probably keep it like that for online gaming + eShop titles (Shantae 3 coming) and demos. I could buy another 3DS to use the gateway on, but then I might as well just buy a japanese 3DS.

blade99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As soon as I can cheat on pokemon I'm so buying this ^.^ even though I already have 200 pokemons ready for transfer via wifi all it takes is pokemon for Action replay to make its move.

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If Gateway does actually work when Pokemon X and Y comes out,then kudos. But I think its great to play the game without cheats so that you can experience what the game has to offer instead of rushing the whole thing, wiping out trainers quickly, using EXP multipliers, etc.

So if Pokemon X and Y can gets its sales going up before the Gateway can play it, by then almost everyone would have gotten the game day 1 and for those who are patiently waiting for the dump and it works can play it then.

linuxGuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Gateway does actually work when Pokemon X and Y comes out,then kudos. But I think its great to play the game without cheats so that you can experience what the game has to offer instead of rushing the whole thing, wiping out trainers quickly, using EXP multipliers, etc.

So if Pokemon X and Y can gets its sales going up before the Gateway can play it, by then almost everyone would have gotten the game day 1 and for those who are patiently waiting for the dump and it works can play it then.

I kinda hope nintendo will pull a mario kart 7, making you download a update from the eshop in order to play online. It might not keep cheaters out forever but it should prevent them for a while.

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I kinda hope nintendo will pull a mario kart 7, making you download a update from the eshop in order to play online. It might not keep cheaters out forever but it should prevent them for a while.

Yeah, that should prevent cheaters for the time being. I guess for pokemon championships that if pokemon can be created via programs, etc with perfect EV/IV's then I guess its all about Pokemon teams and move compositions? Always thought people spend multiple hours getting the right stats, etc

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're talking about cheaters who have infinite health, or things like that, don't the servers check for and ban cheaters?

If you're talking about IV hacks for perfect stats, making it require an update won't change people from making perfect Gen I-V Pokemon and trading them to X/Y.

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're talking about cheaters who have infinite health, or things like that, don't the servers check for and ban cheaters?

If you're talking about IV hacks for perfect stats, making it require an update won't change people from making perfect Gen I-V Pokemon and trading them to X/Y.

I hope Nintendo stomps this card hard. Pokemon absolutely will require a system update and since the release is simultaneous worldwide there will be a lot of tearful GW owners.

The new monster hunter will likely require an update too...

It doesn't take much for nintendo to counter measures taken by pirates now that they can update the FW. Patching pokemon to keep out pirates and cheaters would be so great.

I appreciate and understand what GW are doing on a technical level but with the way things are going inthe game industry if this kind of horseshit continues we may not see many more future generations.

Homebrew, back ups, region free... gimme a break.

Want homebrew? - try linux.
Back ups? Just as long as you actually own the game, right?
Region free? Just buy that region's model?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy